Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WOAI in San Antonio is reporting..

Santa Gertrudis

Man, if all this is true I think UT & Mac are going to have to get out in front of this quickly. Can Mac wait until after the game to announce or is he going to have to do something tomorrow or Friday?

Is it possible that Mac has tendered his resignation (retirement) and we haven't heard about it yet? I tend to doubt it but this whole thing is is just nuts.

Edited by Chitownhorn

courtesy of Horn78 who is driving back to Blanco right now, WOAI is reporting that Nick Saban is rumored to be announced as "the next Head Coach at the University of Texas"

SG

I approve this announcement and we need a announced retirement..........I am so happy I can hardly stand it. :rolleyes:

And this from Finebaum from twitter:

"I think tonight would be a good time for Nick Saban to call a news conference and deny for the 478,099 time he's not going to Texas."

espn-paul-finebaum.jpg

Good grief, I still don't know if it's true or not, but I pray to the high heavens it is, just to see this dick weed go down

courtesy of Horn78 who is driving back to Blanco right now, WOAI is reporting that Nick Saban is rumored to be announced as "the next Head Coach at the University of Texas"

SG

Who is horn78?

Mack needs to wait till after Baylor at lease. Fsu and tOsu need to win, keep Bama out of MNC, once that is certain then we can move forward with the announcement.

Who is horn78?

Mack needs to wait till after Baylor at lease. Fsu and tOsu need to win, keep Bama out of MNC, once that is certain then we can move forward with the announcement.

Contractor when it comes to "inside info" I'm about as low on the totem pole as you can get. That being said SG and I have been friends for over 20 years and talk pretty much daily about the goings on at UT. I just thought it significant that a radio station of the magnitude of

WOAI (it was Jeff Sheen)was saying they were hearing Saban was going to be the next head coach at Texas so I gave him a call and told him what I heard.I take it as another source saying things are moving in the right direction like we're all hoping.

Not that I doubt you Santa but why would a news source like lowly WOAI in San Antonio be the one to break this story and not a Disney affiliate like ESPN or ABC? Seems that they would be given the inside track on a story this big with the LHN tie in. Also, why would anyone announce anything before the position is announced to be open?

Just playing devils advocate here.

Not that I doubt you Santa but why would a news source like lowly WOAI in San Antonio be the one to break this story and not a Disney affiliate like ESPN or ABC? Seems that they would be given the inside track on a story this big with the LHN tie in. Also, why would anyone announce anything before the position is announced to be open?

Thiggy, I believe they said "rumored to be...."

WOAI is one of the more respected radio stations in the country. It is the home of the Spurs (duh), Cowboys, UT, and is owned Clear Channel...dunno if he still does but at one Red McCombs was the owner of Clear Channel communications...

Contractor when it comes to "inside info" I'm about as low on the totem pole as you can get. That being said SG and I have been friends for over 20 years and talk pretty much daily about the goings on at UT. I just thought it significant that a radio station of the magnitude of

WOAI (it was Jeff Sheen)was saying they were hearing Saban was going to be the next head coach at Texas so I gave him a call and told him what I heard.I take it as another source saying things are moving in the right direction like we're all hoping.

I thought Sheen was on Ticket 760.