Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Aidensdad

DizzG

IT uses flashchat (suxxx asz) and it ONLY has a 200 person capacity. Jesus couldn't even get into it and HE'S THE ONE THAT CALLED FOR IT! Had to go to the other chat room, which quickly reached capacity. They'll be upgrading the software soon.

Well, I can't say this often, but as it relates to board software,

OB: 1

IT: 0

:P

Even the high ups at Bama know it's done!

guess that's why he was taking a helicopter visiting and reassuring recruits he will finish his career at Alabama only to tell them shortly after that he isn't? Makes perfect sense that he is leaving and that the higher ups at Alabama know so. Even radio stations are trolling our fanbase. I do like the writing method of several people who were 100% that are know setting themselves up with a backup so it can still look like they know what's going on in Austin.

guess that's why he was taking a helicopter visiting and reassuring recruits he will finish his career at Alabama only to tell them shortly after that he isn't? Makes perfect sense that he is leaving and that the higher ups at Alabama know so. Even radio stations are trolling our fanbase. I do like the writing method of several people who were 100% that are know setting themselves up with a backup so it can still look like they know what's going on in Austin.

Seriously, dude.

RrojGnp.gif

Yeah. It's sad how desperate we are for change that many of us will believe anything while disregarding common sense, NCAA bylaws, and contractual obligations to the wind. Heard people say OU sources then some said AU. Right cause the rival programs at the two schools would know what's going on. There's not even a job opening and no real signs that there will be any. You guys are making us look so desperate it makes me sick.arent we the University of Texas for Christ's sake? Act like it.

Yeah. It's sad how desperate we are for change that many of us will believe anything while disregarding common sense, NCAA bylaws, and contractual obligations to the wind. Heard people say OU sources then some said AU. Right cause the rival programs at the two schools would know what's going on. There's not even a job opening and no real signs that there will be any. You guys are making us look so desperate it makes me sick.arent we the University of Texas for Christ's sake? Act like it.

Good lord dude this again? We get you think no one has info and everyone is full of crap. But you post this on every saban thread. I don't think saban is 100% but things are way past what you think

Whether Saban ends up at Texas or not, you are going to look pretty foolish when the specifics of what has been going on behind the scenes comes to light (and it will). Adamant denial that anything has been happening is completely naive. Even though you do not see it, it is occurring; therefore, your logic is skewed. That is all I have to say, and I will leave it at that.

I don't think it's desperation when there has been many insiders reporting that there is interest by both parties. Does that mean Saban come? Who knows, but I do think Mack is gone. Mack was not even consulted on the hiring of the new AD, that says it all. If you want to attack people for not agreeing with you, go to Orangebloods. That site will be a good fit for you.

Everyone has their own mind and should believe what they want. I will say that I am not 100% convinced, but hey I am a skeptic. There is a ton of smoke in regards to Saban and I think it would be foolish to think that serious conversations have not taken place. As for the "job opening", if you have paid attention in the past, that usually actually occurs after the talks. Can't really open a job up while the seat is still occupied, but at the same time if you waited until after the job was open you would miss out on most top notch candidates. It is just how the process has worked.

Common sense says that there have been talks.

With that said, let's try and keep things civil.

Everyone has their own mind and should believe what they want. I will say that I am not 100% convinced, but hey I am a skeptic. There is a ton of smoke in regards to Saban and I think it would be foolish to think that serious conversations have not taken place. As for the "job opening", if you have paid attention in the past, that usually actually occurs after the talks. Can't really open a job up while the seat is still occupied, but at the same time if you waited until after the job was open you would miss out on most top notch candidates. It is just how the process has worked.

Common sense says that there have been talks.

With that said, let's try and keep things civil.

I've posted Saban's contract a number of times and will do so again here. http://www.hornsports.com/docs/Nick_Saban_Contract.pdf

One of the provisions of the contract (no buyout, mind you) is that he notify UA before he discusses possible employment with any other school (or NFL team). One would think this would have already been triggered (if one assumes there are discussions going on between Saban and Texas). I find it amazing the fact that Saban has notified UA of his agent's discussions with Texas have been kept quiet. If it's happened, one would think that info would have leaked.

I've posted Saban's contract a number of times and will do so again here. http://www.hornsports.com/docs/Nick_Saban_Contract.pdf

One of the provisions of the contract (no buyout, mind you) is that he notify UA before he discusses possible employment with any other school (or NFL team). One would think this would have already been triggered (if one assumes there are discussions going on between Saban and Texas). I find it amazing the fact that Saban has notified UA of his agent's discussions with Texas have been kept quiet. If it's happened, one would think that info would have leaked.

Maybe this the beginning of info coming out and eventually being acknowledged...

Again, look at the dates that contract is from 2009. If you pay any attention to college football you'd know that he's renegotiated several times since then. I also think it would've been leaked by now especially if it's been a done deal. They would have to find a coach ASAP and doubt they'd be paying for a helicopter for him to visit recruits.

Maybe this the beginning of info coming out and eventually being acknowledged...

This has been on our boards for quite some time and a lot of them saying it's a done deal or 100%. They would've acknowledge by now cause if you have that kind of info it gets out. Now you have every side and insiders giving them outs on their certainty of Saban. It's very telling.

This has been on our boards for quite some time and a lot of them saying it's a done deal or 100%. They would've acknowledge by now cause if you have that kind of info it gets out. Now you have every side and insiders giving them outs on their certainty of Saban. It's very telling.

What boards do you even read? I doubt IT for one as if you saw what was talked about last night this is certainly beyond some dudes making up stuff on a message board. Esp in regard to who is involved or who has spoken on Saban to Texas that would likely shock you

Its been well established you think NO one has any real info, and this is all some fabrication. In fact you claimed the other day there have been no talks since last spring which is extremely funny

I have no idea if Saban comes or not. Most people (outside one I can think of) are not saying its a lock and a total done deal. Rather he does sign the deal or not its simply foolish at this point to keep denying nothing whatsoever is going on, that there are no conversations, that everyone is full of crap, and nothing would be going on because Mack hasn't technically made his announcement yet.

Again, look at the dates that contract is from 2009. If you pay any attention to college football you'd know that he's renegotiated several times since then. I also think it would've been leaked by now especially if it's been a done deal. They would have to find a coach ASAP and doubt they'd be paying for a helicopter for him to visit recruits.

If you take the time to actually read it you'd note that the contract was signed in 2007 originally, it was amended in 2009. Amendment #2 only addresses an extension to the term of the contract, base salary and talent fees, market rate reviews, liquidation damages, contract year completion benefits and the date the amendment goes into effect. There are no other changes made to the contract, including the addition of a buyout clause that neither party felt necessary when the contract was originally negotiated. If you pay any attention to college football you'd know that Saban's contract has only been extended once, in March, 2012, since 2009. Based on the existing amendment, the fact that amending a contract is much easier/cheaper and less time consuming than negotiating a new contract and a little common sense I think it's safe to assume that Amendment #3 looks almost exactly like Amendment #2 with dates and $ figures changed.

The Prospective Employment section of the contract it states:

Should another college or university or professional football organization directly or indirectly contact Employee about possible employment, the prior to Employee, either directly or indirectly through an agent or otherwise, contacting the college, university, or professional football organization, Employee must first notify the Director of Athletics of such interest or contact and the Director of Athletics' permission for Employee to make such a contact shall not be unreasonably withheld

So in January Tom Hicks and co. have a 45 minute conversation with Jimmy Sexton, Saban's agent, during which he implies interest in the Texas job ("Texas is the only job he'd leave Alabama for"). I may be reaching but I'd be surprised if the conversation was as easy as Hicks dialing and Sexton answering on the first ring. Assuming that at least one message was left for Sexton about discussing the possibility Saban's interest in potentitally becoming Texas' new head coach, you'd think that agent and coach would've had a sit down to decide whether or not to entertain the call...it's hard to imagine Sexton talking to Hicks without notifying Saban first. The simple fact that Sexton knew that Texas is the only job that Saban would leave Bama for implies that they'd discussed the possibility, right? If Nick knew about the call and gave Sexton his blessing to talk to Hicks, he would've been contractually bound to notify the AD before any conversation took place. We know for a fact that the conversation took place and we know some of the details discussed because both were reported by every sports media entity from ESPN and FoxSports to the Galveston Daily News. Is it possible that Saban already has permission to talk to Texas about the job? That he sought and was granted permission to talk about the job back in January and that the leaks/coverage of him being allowed to explore the potential vacancy that we'd all expect from a story this big have already happened but were dismissed as rumor/lack of interest?

I know it's been on message boards, I am speaking of the national media as well as the local media promoting rumors and hoping something materialize s either way.

The term "renegotiated" is often used in place of "amended." If you look at the first few and last few pages of the document, you will notice they are amendments to the original contract, which is part of the linked document. Drafting an entirely new document each time one provision is amended is avoided because it just creates more unnecessary work to review looking for possible typos or mistakes that could substantively change the meaning of a provision. I can show you were the erroneous omission of a comma in jury instructions has lead to murder convictions being overturned. No attorney wants to rewrite anything that doesn't need to be. Hence, changing only relevant paragraphs is how these contracts are usually amended (or "renegotiated.")

p.s. No need to be snarky. if people are on this site, you can safely assume they pay attention to college football.

If Nick knew about the call and gave Sexton his blessing to talk to Hicks, he would've been contractually bound to notify the AD before any conversation took place. We know for a fact that the conversation took place and we know some of the details discussed because both were reported by every sports media entity from ESPN and FoxSports to the Galveston Daily News. Is it possible that Saban already has permission to talk to Texas about the job? That he sought and was granted permission to talk about the job back in January and that the leaks/coverage of him being allowed to explore the potential vacancy that we'd all expect from a story this big have already happened but were dismissed as rumor/lack of interest?

Saban doesn't need permission, he only needs to notify the AD that he is talking to another school. I have not read anywhere that Saban notified UA that he was talking to Texas. It would make no difference whether Sexton or Saban was doing the talking. If Sexton was acting as agent for Saban, Saban would need to disclose to the UA AD before any meeting was set. If Sexton got a call from anyone regarding Saban possibly wanting to coach there, Sexton would be obligated to determine what the school would like to discuss, if it were possible employment he would then have to contact Saban to see if Saban was interested in discussing the matter with the school. If yes, notification would need to be made to UA and then the meeting could be scheduled. Then the meeting could happen.

The bottom line here is that if Saban has indeed been talking to Texas, the AD (and presumably the insiders within UA football) would have known for a fact it was happening. I haven't heard definitively that Saban gave that notice. I'm surprised no one has asked if Saban has given any notice or been able to say when that notice was given.