Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Brown Faithful

ridik01

I have a quick question and this is to not arise an argument. But I am attending the school next semester and was just called a bandwagon fan by a "Brown Faithful".

Why does it seem not one of us can go against Brown, has he become the identity of the Longhorns? Is he a living part of the program now?

It almost feels like it's a witch hunt of "true fans" calling out "Bandwagon fans". It's honestly childish and tearing the program apart and weakening it as a whole.

-If Brown stays are we going to have more of a division in fans, that will eventually create a fallout "mini civil war" within the administration? Do we need to force Brown out before this happens?

I believe he needs to leave after this season!

Because some people want to live in the past. For example:

I've got an old Kia I drive. It gets the job done, but its not elite and its certainly not a top 25 car in any parking lot short of a junk yard. Years ago, it was a great car, top of the line, looked good, you know it was a new car. When its time to want a better car, a smart man doesnt dump thousands reinventing the Kia...you just go get a new one.

Thats what those type of people are. They want to keep dumping money in that old car that just wont run anyway. Cant let go of the memories....

I've got an old Kia I drive. It gets the job done, but its not elite and its certainly not a top 25 car in any parking lot short of a junk yard. Years ago, it was a great car, top of the line, looked good, you know it was a new car. When its time to want a better car, a smart man doesnt dump thousands reinventing the Kia...you just go get a new one.

Thats what those type of people are. They want to keep dumping money in that old car that just wont run anyway. Cant let go of the memories....

Great Analogy!

Simple psychology. If you associated Brown with the feelings that came with our great success, then you will have a hard time turning on him. If you associated it with particular players (Ricky, Major, Chris, Vince, Colt, etc.), then you tend to fight for those people because they bring those feelings of greatness back up for you in your mind. Its like certain smells trigger a perfect memory of walking down the hall of your elementary school. Once those nuero pathways are crossed, you can't help but keep the association. It isn't evil, its just how we are wired up. It is so strong in some though, it can make them get nasty in their fight to protect it.

I have no idea what I just said or if it has any validity whatsoever, but I am polishing up on my Will Ferrell/ Old School debate skills, so I'll stand by it.

HAHA - you drive a Kia...

j/k - no but seriously you should get a new car. :D

Clearly a change in culture, attitude, the whole nine yards is needed. I think if Mack returns in 2014 (60/40 he does, IMO), Texas fans aren't going to just stop being fans. Sure some will be pissed, but a true Longhorn is a true Longhorn. As mentioned in previous posts, Mack is NOT the program. We want Texas to win and win em all. If Brown returns it'll be a lot like the OU victory this season. We winced a little, but how the heck could we be upset. FWIW

I am through living in the PAST......I am going forward and buying a Ford. But if I think what you are saying is no more Money for Brown!!!! OK

When I first saw the 'MackBrownTexasFootball' website I knew this would eventually end badly. That has always stuck in my craw.

And it's probably a minor thing but personally I do not want Mack to pass DKR for total wins. Maybe I'm petty that way. He can have the total loss record however because I think that's fitting.

I've wanted Brown gone for a long time, even when he was winning! But I will be the first one to erect him a statue and start up a parade for him! He helped Texas through a rough patch and needs to realize it's time to retire! I see him as a coach, sorry but it's true. He gets paid to kiss babies and smile!