Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crossfire with McPhaul - 12/4/2013

HornSports Staff

Friend of Bevo: Did Auburn beating Alabama impact Nick Saban’s time-line on coming to Texas? Is that your question? Son, you know the answer to this already: “Hell yeah it impacted the time-line. It expedited it!†Now we don’t have to continue with these charades and “cloak and dagger†games. We can go thru our process on our agreed-to terms (between Sexton, Saban, & UT decision makers). This allows Saban the ability to come in and get started at his new gig as opposed to having to worry about an SEC Championship & BCS Championship game.

This statement seems to be coming to fruition.

Friend of Bevo: Did Auburn beating Alabama impact Nick Saban’s time-line on coming to Texas? Is that your question? Son, you know the answer to this already: “Hell yeah it impacted the time-line. It expedited it!” Now we don’t have to continue with these charades and “cloak and dagger” games. We can go thru our process on our agreed-to terms (between Sexton, Saban, & UT decision makers). This allows Saban the ability to come in and get started at his new gig as opposed to having to worry about an SEC Championship & BCS Championship game.

This statement seems to be coming to fruition.

I hope all this chatter is true. Because I would love to have Saban here and Paul Finebaum be out of a job.

Put me in the camp that says it's too early to put a&m back on the schedule. Down the road (several years from now) then maybe some consideration can be given to it....maybe.

And why do I have a Tommy Tuberville/Auburn scenario popping up in my head? Mack needs to announce his "resignation" as fast as possible after the Baylor game and Nick needs to be announced soon after. The heat is about to be turned up and the last thing we need is for Saban to start getting question after question about him leaving Bama.

+1

Thanks for the read McPhaul great stuff. I agree with you that we need to renew the rivalry with ags. Tray game just doesn't mean much without that matchup. In fact with nfl having more games on Thursday if we don't resume rivalry I think we should quit playing on Thursday as ratings will continue to suffer.

Put me in the camp that says it's too early to put a&m back on the schedule. Down the road (several years from now) then maybe some consideration can be given to it....maybe.

And why do I have a Tommy Tuberville/Auburn scenario popping up in my head? Mack needs to announce his "resignation" as fast as possible after the Baylor game and Nick needs to be announced soon after. The heat is about to be turned up and the last thing we need is for Saban to start getting question after question about him leaving Bama.

Agree 100%

...and McPhaul great article! Thanks so much for the info every week. It's appreciated!

I hope all this chatter is true. Because I would love to have Saban here and Paul Finebaum be out of a job.

On IT's Q&A from tonight's chat, Lamar Littrell made the following VERY interesting comment regarding deuchebaum, "wouldn't be surprised if Finebaum was being the ultimate "company man" and "sticking his neck out" at Saban's request…to help deflect. After all, if he's wrong/lying, nothing really happens to him."

Another poster followed up with Saban goes to Finebaum for guidance on media matters.

...Interesting if true...only adds SERIOUS levels of smoke to the current Wag the Dog campaign.

I haven't done this before, but my guy said it would be okay - just this time. McPhaul is correct on what is coming and it will happen by next Thurs. - depending upon the weather in Austin. Most of us will like it.

Wow Doc (Snide)! That's big AND you changed your avatar to boot! +1

Not yet. I still like the way things sound but I haven't fallen into the Saban to Texas trap yet.

maybe the "trap" is continued failure to believe at this point (?)

I too have been cautious, even if semi-optimistic. Heck, I even felt Mack might be back up until pretty recently, and even then I'm maybe not 100% sure, though mighty close to it after all of this

maybe the "trap" is continued failure to believe at this point (?)

I too have been cautious, even if semi-optimistic. Heck, I even felt Mack might be back up until pretty recently, and even then I'm maybe not 100% sure, though mighty close to it after all of this

I guess I fall into the cautiously optimistic category. I appear to be one of the few.

I guess I fall into the cautiously optimistic category. I appear to be one of the few.

It's the holiday season now turned into the silly season. We have been down many roads together on the interwebz. Repeat after me...

Saban is coming. Saban is coming. Saban is coming.

Now, throw your head back and take a shot of Jack!!

All is well.

It's the holiday season now turned into the silly season. We have been down many roads together on the interwebz. Repeat after me...

Saban is coming. Saban is coming. Saban is coming.

Now, throw your head back and take a shot of Jack!!

All is well.

I was just sitting here thinking about having Saban at Texas. It would be unusual to have a real football coach for a change.

No more touchy feely family atmosphere bullcrap, just football. Can't wait.

Cool story BS, thanks for sharing. even though I'm from Houston I remember him quite clearly as well....albeit minus the personal contact. Dan was a native Houstonian and part of that great generation of legendary Texas sportswriters that includes Dan, Mickey Herzkowitz, Blackie Sherrod, Dan Jenkins, etc. As you mentioned, it was a different time.

Don't forget Bud Shrake, Larry L. King and Gary "Jap" Cartwright.

Today we got Bohls, Galloway and Zwenerman.

SMH