Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The one second that changed everything

ridik01

Hello all,

I don't have any inside information, nor do I want Saban coming to UT...but last night's loss might have really put the gears in motion.

That game was valiantly fought by each side and the game came down to one bonehead call by one of the best coaches in college football.

The aftermath of the "one second play".

I logged onto Facebook- where I have plenty of Alabama fans(which are family members)- I had never seen them talk about Nick Saban that way in my life! It's almost like they forgot this guy has won them three championships! I now understand what Saban was talking about as "special pressures" at Bama. If you can't lose to a #4 team by a "fluke" play and can't be forgived, you should probably leave that program.

I also saw and article about a college placekicker getting death threats...this will not sit well with Saban, nor any coach at any college program.

What was at stake- a three peat that has never been done in BCS history.

The last BCS championship ever.

1 championship closer to Bear's record 6.

A chance to jump Bear as the greatest coach to coach at Bama.

This was all shattered in 1 second, now this could all change, but this play will haunt Saban this off-season greatly if they don't get to the BCS championship!

Saban might have realized after this play that he will always be haunted by this play at Alabama and may move on to greener pastures.

I believe he may actually use this to leave Bama, acting like the victim and he failed them. He will fear for the monster that he has created and expedite to another team(Texas) that can stay as a constant powerhouse in college football. We also won't freak out when we lose 1 game a year!

Our fan base is more seasoned than Alabama's when it comes to losing unfortunately, and I really dont think, for the most part, that our fan base would threaten to kill a kid like that

I would like to believe that but man we live in some crazy times. As ardent a sports fan as I am, and I am a life long Cubs fan so I've had my share of disappointments, I could't imagine threatening a player.

Every fan base has THOSE fans who reach beyond the extreme to voice their displeasure with the team. Sadly if we had something similar, I'm sure there would be a few boneheads out there doing the same. Remember folks, this is the same state that calls out high school athletes on the local radio stations after a tough Friday Night. With that said, hopefully the horrible response they've gotten from a crazy unexpected play leads Saban right into the comforting arms of Patterson and Austin.

Hello all,

I don't have any inside information, nor do I want Saban coming to UT...but last night's loss might have really put the gears in motion.

That game was valiantly fought by each side and the game came down to one bonehead call by one of the best coaches in college football.

The aftermath of the "one second play".

I logged onto Facebook- where I have plenty of Alabama fans(which are family members)- I had never seen them talk about Nick Saban that way in my life! It's almost like they forgot this guy has won them three championships! I now understand what Saban was talking about as "special pressures" at Bama. If you can't lose to a #4 team by a "fluke" play and can't be forgived, you should probably leave that program.

I also saw and article about a college placekicker getting death threats...this will not sit well with Saban, nor any coach at any college program.

What was at stake- a three peat that has never been done in BCS history.

The last BCS championship ever.

1 championship closer to Bear's record 6.

A chance to jump Bear as the greatest coach to coach at Bama.

This was all shattered in 1 second, now this could all change, but this play will haunt Saban this off-season greatly if they don't get to the BCS championship!

Saban might have realized after this play that he will always be haunted by this play at Alabama and may move on to greener pastures.

I believe he may actually use this to leave Bama, acting like the victim and he failed them. He will fear for the monster that he has created and expedite to another team(Texas) that can stay as a constant powerhouse in college football. We also won't freak out when we lose 1 game a year!

I would challenge you to look back through the history of college football. Alabama does have its up and downs but from what I've seen, they've won championships in almost every decade. We certainly can't say that and not many other programs can. And I'm not sure you've seen us play the past few years. Since Pasadena we have been anything but a powerhouse program.i do think the loss has opened the door some in regards to landing him as our coach

I would challenge you to look back through the history of college football. Alabama does have its up and downs but from what I've seen, they've won championships in almost every decade. We certainly can't say that and not many other programs can. And I'm not sure you've seen us play the past few years. Since Pasadena we have been anything but a powerhouse program.i do think the loss has opened the door some in regards to landing him as our coach

And I would challenge you to actually look at Alabama's history. When Alabama is down they are down, winning only like 3-4 games a year! When we're down we still win at least 5-6 games a year. Don't take their championships into account also, half of them are BS.