Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mcphaul!!

Horn78

I don't know of any scenario where a guy has sole authority in the hiring of someone who will make 5 times more than him.

I have a tough time thinking of a successful professional sports team where the general manager doesn't routinely hire players that make 5 times more than the professional staff making hiring decisions.

I'm just wondering why Patterson is making $1 mil+ yet his most important hiring decision is being made by a mysterious committee whose members aren't named publicly and who aren't accountable to the people writing the paycheck for the person hired. I very much believe people should be accountable for their decisions, but in this instance we are being told we haven't paid enough money to be entitled to any information into what is going on with the hiring of the highest paid public employee in the state.

If Saban doesn't end up coming to the 40 acres, who will bear responsibility and be removed from the hiring committee? Obviously no one, because those hiring our coach aren't accountable. We talk about accountability for the players and coaches. Where does accountability disappear?

The only way we are going to have a successful program is to have decision making in the hands of professionals who are accountable for their descisions. Selling our program to people who aren't going to be removed from the process when their judgement or capabilities aren't up to the task is a recipe for disaster.

A number of mysterious people involved with the process have promised us Nick Saban. If it doesn't happen, they need to be identified and removed from the process so other people can take their shot at putting their credibility on the line to drive the program forward.

I want competent people making decisions, not rich people.

McPhaul, Any chance Mack announces tomorrow?

I'll be covering the presser online tomorrow. Guess if the feed fires up and Patterson is there you know whats up.

Lobo/Contractor/Mc Q - Agree with all you guys said, and I too believe FSU and Winston was going to be the ones who slayed the beast so to speak.

I have a tough time thinking of a successful professional sports team where the general manager doesn't routinely hire players that make 5 times more than the professional staff making hiring decisions.

I'm just wondering why Patterson is making $1 mil+ yet his most important hiring decision is being made by a mysterious committee whose members aren't named publicly and who aren't accountable to the people writing the paycheck for the person hired. I very much believe people should be accountable for their decisions, but in this instance we are being told we haven't paid enough money to be entitled to any information into what is going on with the hiring of the highest paid public employee in the state.

If Saban doesn't end up coming to the 40 acres, who will bear responsibility and be removed from the hiring committee? Obviously no one, because those hiring our coach aren't accountable. We talk about accountability for the players and coaches. Where does accountability disappear?

The only way we are going to have a successful program is to have decision making in the hands of professionals who are accountable for their descisions. Selling our program to people who aren't going to be removed from the process when their judgement or capabilities aren't up to the task is a recipe for disaster.

A number of mysterious people involved with the process have promised us Nick Saban. If it doesn't happen, they need to be identified and removed from the process so other people can take their shot at putting their credibility on the line to drive the program forward.

I want competent people making decisions, not rich people.

It's Simply not realistic in today's college football world to think the hiring process would not only be totally transparent but that supporters who gives millions and millions to the program and often pay for coaching buyouts or even salary would have no major input in the process or any BOR member, university president, etc. I get what you are saying but I can't think of one big time program who would turn the keys over to one single guy without any other influence In terms of the football program head coaching hire when millions of dollars are on the line by its impact on the school. Most of the people involved are not secret as many were involved in the AD hire but college football hires are often mostly handled behind the scenes, back channels to agents, etc until it's actually time to officially interview and ink the hire. The days of nothing going on until an AD asks permission to speak to someone and it's all some big formal process is long gone. I get where you are coming from but I just don't think that's ever going to happen as it's not the way the sport currently works for the big time programs

I also don't think anyone has "promised" us saban. Is insiders talking about what they are hearing UT is doing behind the scenes to get him and that people directly involved think there is a real solid chance he's coming mean we've been promised by these people he's coming? How? I just don't see how that's the case. No one involved with UT has promised us anything in regard to saban or any other potential coach. Insiders talking about what they are hearing is going on is one thing but how has this group promises?

I have not heard that?

Dunno what's going on but casis (who usually doesn't just throw stuff out) on OB apparently has mentioned there is some chatter going on about something going down tomorrow.

JS on IT got no commented by one of his sources in the presidents office when asked about a mack announcement tomorrow.

Could be nothing. Could be something. Who knows.

Very interesting. Id like to see anything instead of the rehashed mess we've gotten the last couple weeks.

He was able to escape after BYU by executing Diaz

He was able to escape after Ole Miss by using the New QB/New DC excuse

He was able to escape after Oklahoma State because of the bye week

And as of now there is no presser scheduled after this morning, so if we get thumped by Baylor we wouldnt see him again (retirement announcement dependent) until a bowl game presser.

Hey Guys,

Like SG mentioned, we spoke about the scenarios the powerbrokers and Sexton most likely have covered/discussed that would allow for the smoothest and quickest transition. Since much of the schedule and bowl invite of yet to be decided, it's hard to put any dates for a likely transition.

We also discussed the undefeated teams in tOSU & FSU and what would happen if these two teams lose their conference championship games along with Auburn. Could Bama slip back into the MNC picture?

Wouldn't be surprised at all if gritty Mich St. pulled a ground and pound upset on tOSU.

Not. at. all.