Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mcphaul!!

Horn78

I know you'll share what you can but I'm wondering if Bama's loss yesterday changes any timelines.

McPhaul and I spoke late last night at length especially on this specific topic. The dude is probably still asleep this AM but as of late last night he had heard nothing and doesn't expect to hear anything for a couple of days. We did speculate on the subject between ourselves but again, all that was was 2 guys that follow this subject closely speculating!

Hope this helps

Come on SG. Out with it!

Guys-

It was just speculation on what may/may not happen with that loss. If he is indeed "the guy" will he leave early and not coach in the Bowl Game? With the job Malzahn did last night, we also talked about how many great coaches that there are out there that could do a great job in replacing Mack. And we discussed about how people are not even discussing is Patterson's passion for Basketball and how he will go out and get a "home run" hire to replace Barnes.

That's about it.

SG

Hey Guys,

Like SG mentioned, we spoke about the scenarios the powerbrokers and Sexton most likely have covered/discussed that would allow for the smoothest and quickest transition. Since much of the schedule and bowl invite of yet to be decided, it's hard to put any dates for a likely transition.

We also discussed the undefeated teams in tOSU & FSU and what would happen if these two teams lose their conference championship games along with Auburn. Could Bama slip back into the MNC picture?

There seems to be one certainty: The winner of the SEC title game will play for the NC.

What is debatable is who they will face.

FSU alone controls its destiny.

tOSU can beat MSU (which I am betting they will not) and still fall short of the NC.

I do not believe Bama can enter the talks unless both FSU and tOSU lose.

I believe the 4 team playoff next year will be as political as the BCS, if not more.

You need 8 teams to stifle the politics and you need a 16 team playoff to allow for teams that lose a couple early then gel. I remember a USC team 5 or so years ago that started rather poorly. By the end of the year it was obvious they could play with, if not beat, anyone.

Lastly, since I got off on this tangent, there should be NO rankings until after the fourth (arbitrary) week. The rankings and the impact they have upon a team's ability to be considered NC worthy are inherently political.

Understood. That is my opinion and that is how I believe it will shake out.

The arguments are two as I see them.

1. FSU and tOSU both win creating a matchup between those two.

I believe the BCS will reward the SEC champ over tOSU.

2. FSU wins and tOSU loses.

FSU is in and Bama sneaks in.

If FSU and tOSU both lose I think we can agree the SEC champ is a lock.

Losing late apparently doesnt matter when you have the BS reputation Bama and Sec does.

If Fsu and tOsu both win out, Mizzouri does not deserve to be in title game, i dont think Auburn does either. Both with wins in the CCG would have had a great year but if FSU and tOsu win out neither deserve it.

Mizzouri - Auburn(assumption) - Loss to South Carolina by 3 in OT

Auburn- Bama, Mizzouri(assumption) - Loss to Lsu by 14

Fsu- Clemson, Duke(assumption) but their rankings is too strong from them to drop.

tOsu- Wisconsin, Michigan St(assumption)

IF both Fsu and tOsu lose, all SEC title game is back on. PUKE!

A 1 loss Bama will NOT jump a 1 loss SEC title game winner.

LETS GO FSU AND tOSU!!

Hey Guys,

Like SG mentioned, we spoke about the scenarios the powerbrokers and Sexton most likely have covered/discussed that would allow for the smoothest and quickest transition. Since much of the schedule and bowl invite of yet to be decided, it's hard to put any dates for a likely transition.

We also discussed the undefeated teams in tOSU & FSU and what would happen if these two teams lose their conference championship games along with Auburn. Could Bama slip back into the MNC picture?

I am more than on the record for being against the manner in which the supposed head coach search committee has been conducting its activities.

I am very much against individuals not accountable to the university hiring the highest paid state employee without any transparentcy. If things fall apart and all has been for naught, who is willing to be held accountable for failing to hire a top replacement for Mack?

I stand on my earlier comments that if Steve Patterson is so incompetent that he can't be allowed to hire his direct reports, he shouldn't be AD. As each day passes by, I get the feeling more and more that a bunch of big money amateurs are about to massively fu@k up our football program by promising big things, delivering jack squat and not being held accountable for the damage they have caused.

I'm just speaking my mind, which is more than any of the big money guys have been willing to do. What insanity is it that allows the highest paid state employee to be hired by people who aren't accountable to anyone and who aren't interested in stooping so low as to speak about the matter to the commoners.

Someone needs to step into this process and represent the people who ultimately are the ones the incompents (Patterson) are accountable to - the alumni and the taxpayers. The thought that we need to shut up, sit in the back of the bus and let our betters run a $200 million asset belonging to the taxpayers and not have any say in the matter is insane.

Edited by Randolph Duke

I am more than on the record for being against the manner in which the supposed head coach search committee has been conducting its activities.

I am very much against individuals not accountable to the university hiring the highest paid state employee without any transparentcy. If things fall apart and all has been for naught, who is willing to be held accountable for failing to hire a top replacement for Mack?

I stand on my earlier comments that if Steve Patterson is so incompetent that he can't be allowed to hire his direct reports, he shouldn't be AD. As each day passes by, I get the feeling more and more that a bunch of big money amateurs are about to massively fu@k up our football program by promising big things, delivering jack squat and not being held accountable for the damage they have caused.

I'm just speaking my mind, which is more than any of the big money guys have been willing to do. What insanity is it that allows the highest paid state employee to be hired by people who aren't accountable to anyone and who aren't interested in stooping so low as to speak about the matter to the commoners.

Someone needs to step into this process and represent the people who ultimately are the ones the incompents (Patterson) are accountable to - the alumni and the taxpayers. The thought that we need to shut up, sit in the back of the bus and let our betters run a $200 million asset belonging to the taxpayers and not have any say in the matter is insane.

I cannot disagree with any of this...

Is their a top 5 level college football job where the school gives total authority to the AD to hire and fire it's football coach? I just don't think Texas is alone in that aspect. Be it USC, tOSU,bama etc. I think they all have major input from big donors, regents, president etc. There are search committees and several people involved in the process besides one person

This isn't about Patterson somehow being incompetent. Deloss didnt hire mack brown by himself either. Pat Hayden won't hire usc's coach all by himself with no outside input that has considerable weight

Duke, you sure you're not over reacting a bit? As a fan base we are fortunate to know what little we do. Before websites like this one we were all in the dark about

anything that was going on. I just get the idea that things have been ratcheted down quite a bit over there and the anxiety that we are experiencing is just a lack of confidence based on the past regime. Thirty plus years with one ad is just too long and there is almost no lack of distrust with the remaining influence over at Belmont. Couple that with Mack dragging it out till the bitter end and speculation that we could begin down the road to relevancy again at any moment makes for high drama.

The accountability issue is a good one. However, it is common for at Blue Blood schools for the powerbrokers to usher in the hire of new football coaches. The tax payers do not donate $150 million dollars of our personal wealth so, it does not work that way. We are insignificant.

Is their a top 5 level college football job where the school gives total authority to the AD to hire and fire it's football coach? I just don't think Texas is alone in that aspect. Be it USC, tOSU,bama etc. I think they all have major input from big donors, regents, president etc. There are search committees and several people involved in the process besides one person

This isn't about Patterson somehow being incompetent. Deloss didnt hire mack brown by himself either. Pat Hayden won't hire usc's coach all by himself with no outside input that has considerable weight

this

Exactly and this has always been my biggest concern. How is it that individuals, that make a lot of money, are running our beloved university? And I don't mean just the athletic dept.'s. The only conclusion I can come to is it is a public university, supported by politicians who are dancing on the BMD's purse strings. It has ever been this way, and I hate it, but I see no end to it, frankly.

I would hope that Patterson has told them - "If I am going to be held accountable for the operations of athletics, then I want control over the people that run it".

The only way to end that is for someone to face an SEC team in the BCS title game and whip them. The SEC excuse this year will be they were so tough they took each other out and Alabama/Auburn would beat FSU/Ohio State by 30 points.

You are right. Sec will always have an excuse. When they win they say, "look our conference is soo hard to get through and 1 team did so they were ready to beat anyone for the title." They beat each other and say, "look our conference is so good we beat each other up and thats why we didnt get to the title game, if we were there we would have beaten anyone."

a few weeks ago, when Lsu lost to Ole Miss and Aggie lost to Auburn and Mizzou beat a ranked Florida a Sec friend of my say, "what a crazy weekend in the sec, we just beat ourselves up."

that perception will take time to change. the media BS over this is crazy and they(espn) promotes it. It will take regular season wins vs them (like Tcu over Lsu in first game) and bowl games wins (like cotton and capital 1) and also ending the BS title hold that they have(I feel OK st should have played in 2011 and Texas >Florida in 2008). Remember that year when a 11-1 Texas Tech that tied for Big 12 south title and the reason Texas didnt go to MNC game got their ass handed to them in Cotton by Ole Freeken Miss. That cant happen.

Ok St(11-1 with win over Ou) can say they beat better teams then both Mizzou and Auburn. 9 win Ou and 10 or 11 win Baylor, 8 or 9 win Texas. But they wont be considered bc Sec is perceived to be better. Mich St with win over tOsu will be 12-1 and is just as good as Mizzou and Auburn.

Edited by TheContractor