Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nick Sabans 2012 contract

doc longhorn

Sabans latest contract and extension occurred March of last year. It's interesting to read his remarks after he agrees to it.

TUSCALOOSA | University of Alabama football coach Nick Saban's contract was extended by two years Monday through the 2019 season by the Compensation Committee of the UA board of trustees, along with contract amendments for most of his assistants.

The unanimously approved measures set Saban's total compensation, not including various bonuses or outside income, at more than $5.3 million for 2012. The final year of the contract will pay Saban more than $5.96 million in 2019. Incremental annual increases in Saban's pay average $5.62 million per year over the full term.

“From my standpoint, the acceptance of this extension represents our commitment, my commitment, our family's commitment to the University of Alabama for the rest of our career,†Saban said. “We made that decision after the season when other people were interested.â€

How do his comments compare to Ms. Terry's? Do they both sound eerily familiar?

It's noteworthy to know his contract also requires he give 30 day notice he is leaving and he agrees to recruit only those that Bama was NOT recruiting - for one year.

A former Bama player (under Bryant) told me today that he was informed by a Board of Trustee member that they have a 5 year contract at $8 million per year on the table for Saban. They are confident that he will accept it and are expecting to announce this after the season.

Hopefully they are wrong but I hope there are plans in place in case Saban is a no-go.

A former Bama player (under Bryant) told me today that he was informed by a Board of Trustee member that they have a 5 year contract at $8 million per year on the table for Saban. They are confident that he will accept it and are expecting to announce this after the season.

Hopefully they are wrong but I hope there are plans in place in case Saban is a no-go.

I think thats interesting they would happen to report the exact amount that has been rumored Texas would offer in base salary. I would imagine thats been on the table for awhile, and he hasnt signed it. Im sure Bama folks are confident as they are prob in denial just like Texas fans would be if he were here and in the same shoes. Time will tell. I think what Texas would offer off the field as discussed by several in terms of Shale deals etc would blow away anything Bama could offer in that aspect.

I think thats interesting they would happen to report the exact amount that has been rumored Texas would offer in base salary. I would imagine thats been on the table for awhile, and he hasnt signed it. Im sure Bama folks are confident as they are prob in denial just like Texas fans would be if he were here and in the same shoes. Time will tell. I think what Texas would offer off the field as discussed by several in terms of Shale deals etc would blow away anything Bama could offer in that aspect.

I've said the same thing as I have read this same comment on IT. The money amount is just too coincidental and, besides, if the comment is true, I would expect Bama to counter offer as a matter of course anyway.

Edited by doc longhorn