Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

An update to the little birdie thread.

MBHORNSFAN

Agreed. I hope Mack goes out on a high note because he really deserves it. He's taken a seriously bad rap (a lot of it deserved but a lot of it not) for hanging on too long (which he did). People have painted the picture of Mack hanging on for the money, which I think is clearly not right. I think he really thought he could fix things and it just didn't work out.

Absolutely. He has a chance of putting the University before himself, which is something he has not done in the past few years.

I just don't see it happening, unless Mack really wants to retire.

My source is everything I read and hear, not some guy in a parking garage telling me to follow the money.

So you think Mack can stay forever and continue to put a subpar product on the field? Mack has no say in the matter.

I just don't see it happening, unless Mack really wants to retire.

My source is everything I read and hear, not some guy in a parking garage telling me to follow the money.

I think Mack realizes that the status quo has changed and his days are numbered. Either he can go with it and have a statue and building named after him, or he can make it ugly and try and delay the inevitable.

As much as I'm grateful to Mack Brown for the National Championship he and Vince Young brought to the 40, he is just as responsible for the demise of the program over the last few years. Unfortunately for his legacy, most will remember him for the throwing of assistant coaches under the bus and being more concerned with off the field issues than on field at the end of his tenure.

The last few years is well below par considering the resources that this university has. Clearly time to go and begin the next chapter in UT football.

Well some of you are cut me up for this but I would like to see Texas win out. Mack should be able to go out on a high and not a low. I wish Mack no ill feelings only good and happy retirement.

It would also be good for the football team to win out. My friends y'all have a great weekend.

I am with you on this!! HOOK'EM and you have a good day