Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

McPhaul... El Mahico on OB claiming new leader?

Manzana Blanca

It's basically going the route that the insiders have said it would: once Patterson took over, the silence in regards to Saban would increase and smokescreens would abound. We aren't hearing any new leaks on Saban but we're hearing tons of new names, almost one every two or three days.

Following the blueprint already given to us.

orangeman, no offense but your reasons for why he's staying at Alabama are pretty much all off base. We've been talking to the man for over a year at this point. Of course, we didn't approach him...he approached us. This has all happened through informal but very powerful channels. Although he's currently the highest paid coach at Alabama he has still lost approximately $30m since he's been at Alabama and only has a net worth of about 2-3 years salary. We'll take that compensation to a whole other level....with the bulk of it being in the form of off the books investments that the 'Bama guys can't touch that will erase his financial issues in 8 digit fashion. We've already agreed to provide him a budget for hiring his staff that blows the doors off what Alabama agreed to and his staff is currently receiving. He wife and kids would much prefer to be in Austin than Tuscaloosa. His wife has already bought a house in Austin. He'll have an opportunity to do something historic here in terms of winning MNC's at 3 different schools with more resources at his disposal than he could get anywhere else. Plus we just hired his first choice as our athletic director to work with him. You may not realize this but this thing is pretty much a done deal outside of somebody screwing it up at this point. Do you really think a guy like McPhaul would go out on a limb and say Saban to Texas is 100% at this point if that wasn't the case? This thing is VERY real and as of today it's nothing more than a 6 week countdown till it's announced after Saban completes his goal for this season of winning his 3rd consecutive MNC.

This sounds like a pretty confident post to me.

orangeman, no offense but your reasons for why he's staying at Alabama are pretty much all off base. We've been talking to the man for over a year at this point. Of course, we didn't approach him...he approached us. This has all happened through informal but very powerful channels. Although he's currently the highest paid coach at Alabama he has still lost approximately $30m since he's been at Alabama and only has a net worth of about 2-3 years salary. We'll take that compensation to a whole other level....with the bulk of it being in the form of off the books investments that the 'Bama guys can't touch that will erase his financial issues in 8 digit fashion. We've already agreed to provide him a budget for hiring his staff that blows the doors off what Alabama agreed to and his staff is currently receiving. He wife and kids would much prefer to be in Austin than Tuscaloosa. His wife has already bought a house in Austin. He'll have an opportunity to do something historic here in terms of winning MNC's at 3 different schools with more resources at his disposal than he could get anywhere else. Plus we just hired his first choice as our athletic director to work with him. You may not realize this but this thing is pretty much a done deal outside of somebody screwing it up at this point. Do you really think a guy like McPhaul would go out on a limb and say Saban to Texas is 100% at this point if that wasn't the case? This thing is VERY real and as of today it's nothing more than a 6 week countdown till it's announced after Saban completes his goal for this season of winning his 3rd consecutive MNC.

Okay. We will have to agree to disagree here.i don't think mcphaul or any one else has anything to lose by saying Saban is 100%. All they have to say is that something changed and we went a different route. If this was very real it would be in the very real world of national media and not on forums.we aren't talking about high school football here.and the Saban's still own their house in crowned pointe in Tuscaloosa. they sold their lake house in Georgia and their son lives in Austin and recently got married. The Saban's have also recently bought property in Baton Rouge. Come national signing day we will have a new coach but it won't be Nick Saban. I thought Oliver was going to be the new ad that delivered saban.guess the insiders were right on that one. It just hilarious when people say this is a done deal. Really hilarious that they think this would somehow stay secret in this day in age. And that him losing 30 million would also stay quiet is naive at best. His safest bet at making the history books (like he hasn't already) is in Tuscaloosa. There's no way anyone can say that he can replicate that success in Austin on the other hand he stays in Tuscaloosa for 5 more yrs and wins at least two more nc's(pretty easy with the talent there) and surpasses bear Bryant and doing so in the era of roster limitations makes it even more impressive than what Bryant did. Our bias is thinking that he needs ut to do this when we need him more than he needs us.and it was our regents that contacted sexton.not the other way around.

LMAO! i took the orange pill long long ago.

The real estate deals are rumors from what ive been able to establish. Nothing in papers or being spewed by the bammers. Their boosters would've covered the losses Im sure. And as for the challenges, I think that would definitely be the case if he was 52 and not 62 with a roster full of NFL talent and championships just waiting to be won with that talent. From the bammers perspective, they said to me to look at how he's acted over the years and how much he's lightened up, smiles, jumps in the aj's arms, that he really seems to be happy and has total control over that program from top to bottom. he's got a well oiled machine where all the current players have bought in and the new ones either do so or get weeded out quick. I can definitely see where they are coming from. I WISH im wrong but for the life of me i just dont see him making that move and if he was that only one side would be having talk of it. We shall see tho. Im sure we will get a top notch HC regardless tho and be back competing for NC's like god intended.

Not really knowing what your agenda is, but it is certain you are simply speculating - supported by nothing. I WILL say this if you are a Bama, Bellmont or OB supporter, which it appears you are one of them. There is a big old train headed your way - it's called the heartbreak train. Sorry. :)

Not really knowing what your agenda is, but it is certain you are simply speculating - supported by nothing. I WILL say this if you are a Bama, Bellmont or OB supporter, which it appears you are one of them. There is a big old train headed your way - it's called the heartbreak train. Sorry. :)

You are speculating as well my friend. Every one is that isn't named nick saban. I hate ob and the rivals network.

I have to admit if Saban is not coming here there sure is a lot of something going on. It just does not make any sense but it sure is fun.

That's why it's ridiculous to think this whole dramatic exercise, of Saban to UT, was choreographed for the explicit purpose to squeeze more money from Bama. Particularly if Saban wanted a raise. Because all he had to do was tell his agent to tell Bama he wanted one and there would be no negotiation over it.

Everyone needs to get "we are being played" out of their minds - that simply isn't the case.

You do know what an agents job is don't you? Our people asked.he listened.end of story . nothing else except what insiders have said. He wasn't trying to squeeze money after all his contract didn't change. I'll start thinking there is smoke when the guys at work start getting worried or even talk about anything. There's not much insiders can prove. I don't think we are getting played cause I don't think it's ever reached that point.

Actually, he may not be far off, at all. Everyone isn't buying the Saban to Texas talk. I'm one of them as well. As bad as I want to believe it, I just don't see it happening. I do hope it does, even though if it does it doesn't guarantee anything as far as wins and championships go.

You do know what an agents job is don't you? Our people asked.he listened.end of story . nothing else except what insiders have said. He wasn't trying to squeeze money after all his contract didn't change. I'll start thinking there is smoke when the guys at work start getting worried or even talk about anything. There's not much insiders can prove. I don't think we are getting played cause I don't think it's ever reached that point.

While I've always believed that opinions offered freely are far more valuable than those solicited, I draw the line when it becomes rhetoric, and motivated agenda. But, thanks for the effort.

Edited by Bevo11

Actually, he may not be far off, at all. Everyone isn't buying the Saban to Texas talk. I'm one of them as well. As bad as I want to believe it, I just don't see it happening. I do hope it does, even though if it does it doesn't guarantee anything as far as wins and championships go.

Christ, send me your address and I will send you the 9.95. lol

You are wrong in saying you have to be Saban to know what he wants to do. You COULD be the person that he told, personally, he would accept the job only if Mack Brown is gone. Would you consider that person a speculator?

Look, I have no problem with someone opining a different opinion than mine or others. That's what these kinds of forums are for - opinions and discussions. Also, I have many friends from Louisiana, Georgia and Alabama and almost to a man (and woman) they believe this whole Saban to Texas rumor is just Sexton's ploy to get more money from Bama. That's why I commented on this mantra being ridiculous. Because it is.

You are wrong in saying you have to be Saban to know what he wants to do. You COULD be the person that he told, personally, he would accept the job only if Mack Brown is gone. Would you consider that person a speculator?

Look, I have no problem with someone opining a different opinion than mine or others. That's what these kinds of forums are for - opinions and discussions. Also, I have many friends from Louisiana, Georgia and Alabama and almost to a man (and woman) they believe this whole Saban to Texas rumor is just Sexton's ploy to get more money from Bama. That's why I commented on this mantra being ridiculous. Because it is.

Again, that's not something that has been verified. It's speculation that he said that to his agent. I've yet to see anyone go on record outside of an "insiders" saying that this was said. We still don't have an official opening for Macks job and conflicting rumors about his "retirement". Nothing the insiders have said has come to pass.they got the ad wrong already. When some of the stuff they say start coming to fruition then they will have some credibility lined up with this story. Until then they are the ones blowing the smoke.

Actually, I fall into your camp. My disbelief in Saban coming here has always been centered around the motivation - or lack of it. Why would he feel the need? I never believed money whipping him was the answer, feeling he was already amply wealthy. I didn't buy the so called "challenge" either. He has plenty of that at Bama. As far as his wife, he is the principal money winner and she goes where her husband goes - as it should be.

But there is some new info that has now caused me to believe there may really be legs to Saban coming to UT - and that is money, or Sabans need for it. People that aren't millionairs should realize that everything is relative. Knowing that a man is worth 10 - 15 million doesn't tell the whole story. Wealth is predicated on standard of living and I suspect the Sabans live very well indeed. In fact, I would wager their current wealth is simply not enough security for them. Particularly if they have lost, as it has been reported, the bulk of their investment income.

Basically, they need more - a lot more. And Texas has it. Now that is motivation that could convince me he is Texas bound.

Again, that's not something that has been verified. It's speculation that he said that to his agent. I've yet to see anyone go on record outside of an "insiders" saying that this was said. We still don't have an official opening for Macks job and conflicting rumors about his "retirement". Nothing the insiders have said has come to pass.they got the ad wrong already. When some of the stuff they say start coming to fruition then they will have some credibility lined up with this story. Until then they are the ones blowing the smoke.

Until Saban actually comes here it will always be speculation - particularly if you aren't privy to the private discussions which neither you or I are. I find it interesting, however, you are more willing to believe your co-workers as the gospel and not the UT blogs. This is what makes you seem to have an agenda.

As far as going on record - it's on record, as reported even by the AP, that Hicks met with Sabans agent and was convinced he was coming here enough to query Mack as to when he was going to retire. It's also on public record that Sabans wife has bought a house in Austin.

It's on record that Saban lost money in a Louisiana deal as well.

It's true that it's not on record, yet, that Saban has said he is coming to Austin - but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

Edited by doc longhorn

Until Saban actually comes here it will always be speculation - particularly if you aren't privy to the private discussions which neither you or I are. I find it interesting, however, you are more willing to believe your co-workers as the gospel and not the UT blogs. This is what makes you seem to have an agenda.

As far as going on record - it's on record, as reported even by the AP, that Hicks met with Sabans agent and was convinced he was coming here enough to query Mack as to when he was going to retire. It's also on public record that Sabans wife has bought a house in Austin.

It's on record that Saban lost money in a Louisiana deal as well.

It's true that it's not on record, yet, that Saban has said he is coming to Austin - but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

It's not that I believe theirs more than ours.its that it's not even being talked about and something like this would be talked about by both sides if there were any truth.its also public record that they bought a house in Baton Rouge last year too but you don't see LSU fans jumping to conclusions.its also a known fact that their son lives in Austin and recently got married. A wedding gift perhaps? The ap only reported what they know that they spoke and that was it.if they were still speaking it would have been in the ap by now and not relegated to ut forums. There is no proof that they have lost a substantial amount of money. That's another claim made only on the forums. My agenda is simple. Don't get my hopes up for something that has no evidence beyond the fact that his agent was approached by us, he listened, and obviously Saban said if I were to move UT would be it. That in no way means that he ever intends to do so. I'll get into a frenzy when we are given something substantial and verifiable. Insiders at paysites.there have an Agenda. That's getting ut brethren to join their sites for this insider information. That's worth it with recruits but with coaches that have clauses were the coaches institution must be asked permission to speak to said coach it would be well known by both camps that there are talks.since it's only our boards I think we are the ones getting played.

"Okay. We will have to agree to disagree here.i don't think mcphaul or any one else has anything to lose by saying Saban is 100%. All they have to say is that something changed and we went a different route. If this was very real it would be in the very real world of national media and not on forums."

This is exactly right. The 100% guarantee unless something changes was freaking hilarious. Use some common sense people. Do you guys really believe that all of these "insiders" have scooped Vegas? Why are the odds of saban to Texas so long?