Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chip Brown

Darrell McPhaul

they have had little to nothing over there in the way of reporting worth reading lately. The war rooms have been pointless

They better hope this report coming out is big time because they have teased it all day...

gonna be some pissed off people over there if it isnt big news

Another problem is IT seems to release similar stories to OBs.. only a day or two before hand. This might have been a better story if JS didn't release a Bellmont and Athletic Department story just two days before. Now Chip's story just seems stale.

Reading that report confirmed the suspicions I stated on the El Mahico thread....Orangebloods has made a deal with Steve Hicks to push his agenda in exchange for advance heads up on major breaking news. Now, I don't have a problem with this at all...it's good for the program overall honestly. Hicks is leading the charge to land Saban and clean up Bellmont which are both worthy causes if you're a Longhorn fan. That said, those of us over here can read those reports and posts on that site from the remaining insiders understanding them for what they are...useful propaganda. I guarantee you there never would have been a report from Orangebloods like that one biting Bellmont so aggessively 6 months ago. They are positioning themselves with the winning regime to set themselves up for preferred access in the future. As I said, I've got no problem with any of it. The good news is the spotlight is finally being put on the folks who've been dragging UT sports down the past few years.

Reading that report confirmed the suspicions I stated on the El Mahico thread....Orangebloods has made a deal with Steve Hicks to push his agenda in exchange for advance heads up on major breaking news. Now, I don't have a problem with this at all...it's good for the program overall honestly. Hicks is leading the charge to land Saban and clean up Bellmont which are both worthy causes if you're a Longhorn fan. That said, those of us over here can read those reports and posts on that site from the remaining insiders understanding them for what they are...useful propaganda. I guarantee you there never would have been a report from Orangebloods like that one biting Bellmont so aggessively 6 months ago. They are positioning themselves with the winning regime to set themselves up for preferred access in the future. As I said, I've got no problem with any of it. The good news is the spotlight is finally being put on the folks who've been dragging UT sports down the past few years.

this is prob true because its gotten to the point where you cant even mention Saban there without 20 people telling you zero chance he's coming and basically you're an idiot for talking about it.

Hell IT puts up a new update on Saban last night and within an hour or so some no name poster on OB magically happened to have dinner with a Bama BMD last night too and says Saban isnt coming. Funny stuff

Baghorn,

Several weeks ago on OB's there was a controversial mix-up with a poster on OB's named "shicks" making a threatening post towards a couple of insiders, namely McPhaul and El Machico, with the latter then receiving a not so nice email. It was revealed that the post was in fact BOR member Steve Hicks, which was confirmed by Ketch. I'm sure you recall that incident.

Question: Given what you wrote above, is it possible the OB Mod's were behind that "incident" as a way to scare of insiders like McPhaul and El Mahico from posting inside info? Like their way of controlling the message. The insiders at that time were getting a lot of attention and kudos and not sure the OB mods were liking that very much.

The reason I moved from OB to Hornsports was McPhaul. The "insiders" have become the "stars of the show" during a time where readers want to know what is happening behind closed doors. After the incident on OB, I don't know why any "insiders" would continue to post on OB.

The coaching search at UT and the changes which are made inside the athletic department will separate the "insiders", or should I say, their sources. Those who nail it will be trusted by a great number of readers and will earn loyalty from those readers as far as subs are concerned and will impact future followers.

The game within the game is the credibility of "insiders" and the accuracy of their sources during a time which interest is at a all time high. Should be alot of fun to see this play out.

After reading that article I called and cancelled my account after 9 years.

I replied to that thread just mentioning the tease was a letdown and most of that info had been reported elsewhere weeks ago and Ketch banned me. no shit.

Been a poster on that site for at least a decade. Some poster also claimed Im going around posting OB has cut a deal with Steve Hicks. I suspect it was prob one of Ketch's troll accounts, and funny enough I wasnt the one who posted that!

Wow they are sensative over there right now. So you are going to just blow out decade long posters because they question your product and point out the info is old?

• Administrators
I replied to that thread just mentioning the tease was a letdown and most of that info had been reported elsewhere weeks ago and Ketch banned me. no shit.

Been a poster on that site for at least a decade. Some poster also claimed Im going around posting OB has cut a deal with Steve Hicks. I suspect it was prob one of Ketch's troll accounts, and funny enough I wasnt the one who posted that!

Wow they are sensative over there right now. So you are going to just blow out decade long posters because they question your product and point out the info is old?

I assume when you get banned they don't process your credit card for payment?

I agree 100% that most of this backlash is warranted due to the unneeded build up of the report. But I thought this site wanted start a culture of not bashing the other sites. I get calling out the tease but it's starting feel like piling on a little bit... just saying.

I replied to that thread just mentioning the tease was a letdown and most of that info had been reported elsewhere weeks ago and Ketch banned me. no $#@!.

Right there with ya brother.

I replied to that thread just mentioning the tease was a letdown and most of that info had been reported elsewhere weeks ago and Ketch banned me. no $#@!.

Loved the part where defensive ketch says "that hey they are up some 400 new subscribers and are at an all time high" That is great but the 100 longtime posters/insiders that have left more than out way the 400 newbies in terms of what they bring to the board. So in fact they have become an inferior site and even though they are making more money they must be feeling the effects of the defections or ketch would not have acted like he has this week in a couple of threads.

Man It is nice to have this place to come to and be free to have and opinion.........

Hope you didnt get the boot too Baghorn. Its being claimed over there your post in this thread was posted by me. Hilarious stuff

Wow Dizz, sorry to hear that. I'm pretty close to banning myself from posting over there anyway based on the way things are developing. Which is a shame as I've been a member of that site going back to TheUniversity.com days. Oh well, this board is a better fit for what I'm looking for in a Longhorn message board. I really appreciate the tone and example McPhaul is setting for this board.