Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

John Harbaugh?

Lord Vader

...personnally, i think that coach harbaugh would be an ideal candidate should he be interested in the texas position (should it become vancant).

anything that may prove to become an option, other than the three ring circus that the nick roll/tide saban option presents... anything!

SC is in kind of a funny position. Orgeron could have a hell of a run there if they're willing to go with him. He learned a lot from his first stint and the man could always recruit.

Is Michigan really in the market this year? They're a good proxy for us; this hire has to be smart for us. A coach who can't even match Mack's success is not out of the question. Some of these candidates are simply unknowns at this level. That's why I'd be all in on Saban if the chance is there; don't care if it's 2 years or 6. He's going to win.

The timing is interesting. This dude lives in Bristol and Cowherd came out yesterday saying there are some "Big" names in the NFL that USC and UT will be fighting over. Could this be what he was referring to and could this be coming from Cowherd?

Yeah, but keep this in mind. Colin Cowherd hasn't done one piece of investigation or confirmation in his life. IN HIS LIFE. He makes his living off of rumor and innuendo. So unless someone is giving him the information sitting across from him, don't believe a word he says because he's been wrong a heck of a lot more than he's been right...and it's not even close.

Now he's not as lazy or slimy as Thayer Evans or Matt Hayes. Those hacks are in a class all by themselves but he is lazy and likes to stir the pot and then, as he has said in the past, let truth come out.

Hook'em!

SC is in kind of a funny position. Orgeron could have a hell of a run there if they're willing to go with him. He learned a lot from his first stint and the man could always recruit.

Is Michigan really in the market this year? They're a good proxy for us; this hire has to be smart for us. A coach who can't even match Mack's success is not out of the question. Some of these candidates are simply unknowns at this level. That's why I'd be all in on Saban if the chance is there; don't care if it's 2 years or 6. He's going to win.

On the contrary, both Harbaugh brothers have extensive experience in recruiting, which to me is the primary unknown regarding most NFL candidates. I think it's safe to say either could handle football operations pretty well.

Yeah, but keep this in mind. Colin Cowherd hasn't done one piece of investigation or confirmation in his life. IN HIS LIFE. He makes his living off of rumor and innuendo. So unless someone is giving him the information sitting across from him, don't believe a word he says because he's been wrong a heck of a lot more than he's been right...and it's not even close.

Now he's not as lazy or slimy as Thayer Evans or Matt Hayes. Those hacks are in a class all by themselves but he is lazy and likes to stir the pot and then, as he has said in the past, let truth come out.

Hook'em!

I agree. I listen to him from time to time and he can drive me nuts but he does seem to have a contact or two associated with the SC program. I think those are his only contacts in the sports world. It wouldn't surprise me if the general premise that UT and SC could be talking to the same pool of NFL coaches isn't true. There have been so many names thrown around I have no idea what to believe anymore. It will be an interesting December.

Cowherd doesn't make his living off rumor and innuendo, he makes his living off of his opinions about what has happened in sports and off of melding business world lessons, life lessons, and sports. That said usc is definitely interested in some nfl coaches...del rio...and nobody really knows what's going on with texas.

Cowherd doesn't make his living off rumor and innuendo, he makes his living off of his opinions about what has happened in sports and off of melding business world lessons, life lessons, and sports. That said usc is definitely interested in some nfl coaches...del rio...and nobody really knows what's going on with texas.

Proof is in the pudding. But don't rely on me. Why not ask people like Cafardo, Shaunessey, McMullen, Cowlishaw and Brown. Old school sports journalists know the score.

Hook'em!

So this writer is from Michigan went to UF and know lives in CT and his "insiders" come up with this list???

Texas:

1. John Harbaugh

2. Art Briles

3. Chris Petersen

USC:

1. John Harbaugh

2. Sean Payton

3. Kevin Sumlin

Michigan:

1. John Harbaugh

2. Greg Schiano

3. Kevin Sumlin

So this writer is from Michigan went to UF and know lives in CT and his "insiders" come up with this list???

Texas:

1. John Harbaugh

2. Art Briles

3. Chris Petersen

USC:

1. John Harbaugh

2. Sean Payton

3. Kevin Sumlin

Michigan:

1. John Harbaugh

2. Greg Schiano

3. Kevin Sumlin

Petersen saw the "clown show" in Austin thru Harsin's eyes. I would be ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED if Petersen ended up in Austin.