Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who is the one coach?

The one guy that intrigues me is Gruden.

If he starts fast the momentum could be Epic.

Media savvy, not to old, available, recognizable and most importantly, knows Xs and Os as well as anybody!

Of all coaches who I think we have any chance whatsoever with, I select Saban first because I think he's the safest bet with low risk high reward.

After him, here's my list:

2. Carroll

3. Meyer

4. Harbaugh

That list is based solely on low risk, high reward. We know what these guys have had success at the college level so the risk v reward would be worth it.

Higher risk candidates that I wouldn't care to take a flier on:

Tomlin

Gruden

I really don't understand all of the Gruden/Tomlin love. Some would argue that Tomlin benefited greatly from Cowher. I wouldn't completely agree but I wouldn't say they're too far off.

Personally, my first pick for Head Coach would be Meyer. You simply can't argue with the success he's had everywhere he has gone. But I don't see him leaving Ohio State. So to round out my Top 5 choices:

1. Urban Meyer

2. Nick Saban

3. Mike Gundy

4. Art Briles

5. Gus Malzahn

And my final five to round out my top ten if we can't get those guys.

6. Kirby Smart

7. Mike Bobo

8. Will Muschamp

9. Chad Morris

10. Jeremy Pruitt

I really don't understand all of the Gruden/Tomlin love. Some would argue that Tomlin benefited greatly from Cowher. I wouldn't completely agree but I wouldn't say they're too far off.

Personally, my first pick for Head Coach would be Meyer. You simply can't argue with the success he's had everywhere he has gone. But I don't see him leaving Ohio State. So to round out my Top 5 choices:

1. Urban Meyer

2. Nick Saban

3. Mike Gundy

4. Art Briles

5. Gus Malzahn

And my final five to round out my top ten if we can't get those guys.

6. Kirby Smart

7. Mike Bobo

8. Will Muschamp

9. Chad Morris

10. Jeremy Pruitt

I think Urban and Saban come in a close second for me.

Not a fan of Harbaugh?

I think Urban and Saban come in a close second for me.

Not a fan of Harbaugh?

I'm a big fan of Harbaugh. I just don't think there is any chance of him leaving San Francisco. Sure, this is Texas. But San Francisco is one of the most storied NFL Franchises in existence and he's one year removed from a Super Bowl. Unless we're talking about the other Harbaugh.

1. Jim Harbaugh - The guy turned around San Diego, Stanford and now the SF 49ers. He's won everywhere he's been at every level. He worked from the bottom to the top so you know he has the fire. Comes from a coaching family. If he took over here we'd go on a run similar to what Alabama is doing now without question and maybe better. His teams play tough, physical and back down from nobody. Talk about a culture change from MB.

2. Nick Saban - The only reason I don't have him #1 is because I think he's only got 5-7 years left, while Harbaugh could potentially be here for 15 and win just as much as Saban. Saban will go down as the GOAT when he hangs them up.

3. Urban Meyer - Another guy who has worked his way through the ranks and won everywhere. Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and now Ohio State. He's the only coach in college history to have won 20+ consecutive games three DIFFERENT times. And he did it at 3 different schools. Wouldn't argue if someone has him above Saban because of his youth and better fit for the way Texas HS football is played in regards to his system. He's a guy who could steal the crown as GOAT from Saban if he keeps doing what he's doing.

4. Pete Carroll - His age is an issue, but like Saban he looks and acts a lot younger than his age suggests. When you look at Saban, Carroll and Mack you'd think Saban and Carroll were 10 years younger. He rebuilt USC into a powerhouse and shared a title, won one outright and played for another. His recruiting is the stuff of legend. The biggest knock is the fact that when he left USC they were nailed with probation for the Reggie Bush stuff, but I don't hold that against him because that same type of thing could have happened anywhere under anyone. The fact that he's taken over a Seattle franchise that wasn't very good and has built it into arguably the best team in the league says all you need to know about how hot he is since getting the USC job.

5. Jimbo Fisher - I think I might be slightly overrating him, but I'm a HUGE Jimbo guy. He took over for a legendary coach who was struggling and has turned FSU into an absolute monster. They are DESTROYING everyone they face right now. He recruits as well as anyone in the country and turns those players into beasts. I also love how he watched a solid DC get his own head coaching gig and then instead of hiring someone with a name and DC experience went out and grabbed a guy in Jeremy Pruitt from Saban's staff and after a slow start he's got them playing awesome on defense. Oh and he is a Saban guy, winning a national title as Saban's OC at LSU. I think Jimbo might be turning into the next Saban right before our eyes. And I've been one of his biggest critics for years, but that has changed completely.