Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mack Brown Talks Nick Saban

via al.com

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — Don't look now, but Mack Brown is on a bit of a heater.

The embattled Texas coach quietly won six straight games since he was declared a lame duck in September. His Longhorns stand on top of the Big 12 standings, but still have its toughest tests in Oklahoma State and Baylor.

But the questions continue about his job and all the wild rumors surrounding Alabama coach Nick Saban.

"Nick is a friend and he's done a tremendous job at Alabama," Brown said Friday morning on the Tim Brando Show on CBS radio. "Nick's not trying to get my job, I mean, I know Nick. So I don't have to worry about that. And if I do my job, there won't be any job to be open to get, so I think that's the other thing."

Brown said he closed himself off to any media coverage of Texas football in recent months to keep the distractions out.

Saban has repeatedly denied any interest in any jobs outside of Alabama. He happened to follow Brown on the Brando show Friday morning, but the topic never came up.

Lol, Black Jack Mack.. is punking a lot of people right now. Even though it may be time I love fight he is putting up right now. I just wish this fight he has in him now would have come a couple of years ago.

In fact I'm starting to think if he wins the Big 12 he could have fighting chance to stay another year. Just a note he can win the Big 12 with a loss.

I'm probly wrong, but you know I'm not the only one thinking this.... or am I?

Edited by texasdobbs
Lol, Black Jack Mack.. is punking a lot of people right now. Even though it may be time I love fight he is putting up right now. I just wish this fight he has in him now would have come a couple of years ago.

In fact I'm starting to think if he wins the Big 12 he does this he could have fighting chance to stay another year. Just a note he can win the Big 12 with a loss.

I probly wrong, but you know I'm not the only one thinking this.... or am I?

no, you are not the only one.

So basically Mack Brown is saying "I know I am nothing compared to Nick Saban, and that Texas wants me to retire. However, I'm not giving up my job even though I can't get Texas to where they want to be, and don't deserve the same pay as Nick Saban; BUT Nick is my friend so he is not going to push for my ouster behind my back. See you in 2014, 2015, ... 2020."