Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
Sign in to follow this  
colonelhorn

Bowl Potentials for Texas

I was reading the Rivals Bowl Predictions and the have Texas in the Cotton Bowl playing Auburn. I would take this in a heartbeat but the they have the Cotton Bowl invite listed for the #2 Big12 team. Are we the second best team in the Big12??????

I was reading the Rivals Bowl Predictions and the have Texas in the Cotton Bowl playing Auburn. I would take this in a heartbeat but the they have the Cotton Bowl invite listed for the #2 Big12 team. Are we the second best team in the Big12??????

I don't think we are the 2nd best team and surely not record wise with OU and OSU still sitting ahead of us and likely to finish ahead of us. Making it to the Cotton Bowl would be a helluva feat for us this year though.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the Holiday Bowl or Alamo Bowl for us probably.

I was thinking Holiday Bowl also. I believe that is reserved for the Big12 #5 team which is realistically where we are. Would be a great matchup against a PAC 12 team and it certainly would be a tremendous success for Mack and company this year.

Texas is headed to the Houston Bowl. They will lose to Missouri, Kansas State and A&M. I will concede the Baylor game to you. 7-5 is your team's final record. Take a picture and remember I said it.

You could be right, but then again, I could be president one day too. I honestly think we finish no worse than 2-1 over the next three games. Missou folds against top caliber talent, KSU always gives us fits and hopefully we can finally beat the shit outta them and then the Thanksgiving ass whipping we'll be laying on your overrated bunch as a send off into even worse mediocrity in the $EC. I think we'll be Ok.