Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crossfire with McPhaul - 11/06/2013

HornSports Staff

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're in this situation because Mack has lost it. This season, everyone had high hopes, including Mack. Those hopes crashed when we lost to BYU...then to Ole Miss.

I can't remember what poster it was that said it...but our wins this season have come against teams with below average QB play. What happens when we face a team that can sling and run the ball? Do you think Mack has really brought the team along well in the last six weeks, aside from Robinson? I've heard he's been more distant.

This renewed fire from Mack...instilled in Joe, will work itself out in the next few weeks. I'm certain.

This. Do we really need more on the field proof of the enormous coaching (and coaching up) inadequacies?

If Mack is allowed to stay, this ridiculous situation will go into the MBA texts right along with Schlitz's decision to downgrade their ingredients (a bone headed move that cost them enormous market share [really all of their market share] )

Thanks McPhaul, this was my first Crossfire you didn't disappoint. I wish I could say the same for some of the info you shared.

For one:

I realize Jamail is a great attorney who has given huge sums of money to UT. But given the fact that he's damn near a century old and Mack's attorney.

Why does he have the right to dictate what direction UTs Athletic Dept. goes? He may not be alive in six months and yet he's at the center of decisions that could affect the University's future for years to come. I realize you may not have an answer so at the very least this is a venting post for me.

I don't care how Mack finishes out this season. He should be gone. If he does manage to weasel his way into another season than I'm done with UT for 2014. We're losing recruits to schools that wouldn't have been given the time of day a few short years ago. LHN is still trying to find its legs. Given this situation, I can't believe Mack coming back for another year is even under discussion.

Rant over, thanks for sharing.

I got the mobile notification from ESPN app... "Nick Saban on Texas coaching speculation: 'I'm totally committed to the University of Alabama.'"

I don't know about you but I was grinning from ear-to-ear. This is what we need him to say, if you are in the Saban to Texas group.

Again, what do you expect him to say right now? Same for Joe, Red, Mack, etc.

As a few others have already pointed out, how do you reconcile Jamail's supposed greater involvement with a 60% probability that Saban comes to Texas? Those two things seem to be highly contradictory.

Remember, Mack found out about the AD hire on Twitter according to Chip Brown. Noodle on the implications of that, especially if Jamail was involved.

As a few others have already pointed out, how do you reconcile jamail's supposed greater involvement with a 60% probability that Saban comes to Texas? Those two things seem to be highly contradictory.

Not necessariy. Everyone is hoping that Mack does the right thing and steps down. Patterson is a agent of change and Joe was involved his selection. it is apparent that Browns close friends and some BMD's do not want to be the hatchet man but, so they hire an AD that has no problems ushering in a new era.

Thanks McPhaul, this was my first Crossfire you didn't disappoint. I wish I could say the same for some of the info you shared.

For one:

I realize Jamail is a great attorney who has given huge sums of money to UT. But given the fact that he's damn near a century old and Mack's attorney.

Why does he have the right to dictate what direction UTs Athletic Dept. goes? He may not be alive in six months and yet he's at the center of decisions that could affect the University's future for years to come. I realize you may not have an answer so at the very least this is a venting post for me.

Supposedly he's donating $150MM to UT upon his death, which carries a lot of weight. We have enough rich donors to cover that easily though if they have a mind to.

If wasn't for this:

Saban, 53, is 9-2 this season and 48-15 in five years at LSU, taking his team to a bowl game every season. LSU went 3-8 the year before he arrived and 8-4 in his first season. An SEC title followed in 2001, and he led the Tigers to last season's BCS national championship.

"It's the most self-gratifying experience I've had as a coach," Saban said. "But I've always been driven by challenges - the next challenge that makes driven people want to take advantage of the next opportunity." 12/25/04 SEC Digital Network

And this...

Alabama lured Saban from the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday, ending five weeks of denials and two days of deliberation. Saban, who two weeks ago declared "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach," accepted the Tide's job offer job and abandoned his attempt to rebuild the Dolphins after only two seasons. 01/04/07 ESPN

I'd believe him.

Thanks for the report, McPhaul. This will be interesting to watch. Saban having to do a dance with the Alabama media about the Sexton email to Hicks and Mack trying to do his best Jerry McGuire act. Seems there may be a disconnect somewhere with Mack and Joe. If Joe was involved in the AD search and Mack found out via twitter, something tells me Joe may be putting some distance between him and Mack.

Briles will fire Mack and possibly hire himself in just a few weeks. Would love Saban too but it just seems far fetched.

If Jamail was the one who hired Patterson then maybe he's not going to tie his hands and if he was going to would Patterson have taken the job? MY guess without knowing either person or anything about them or how they think or what they would do in any given situation is that Patterson would have turned it down. So take that for what it's worth.

Briles? No Way! nope... nope... nope... nope... nope... nope... nope... nope... nope...

MIKE TOMLIN... Most definitely!