Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If Mack Brown is head coach on August 30, 2014

Lord Vader

No , what Mack has been is occasionally great, usually good, often underachieving with the talent level and the Texas resources. At times clearly failing. Grossly incompetent would not be correct, not living up to our standard of excellence would be correct.

I don't see it happening, but 10 wins this year would make 10 such seasons in 15 years with a Heisman winner, a national championship and more Big 12 wins than any other coach. He's kept the program well out of the Fullmer Cup. Heck, for not even offering the little character risk over at the farm school he deserves something.

He is a good coach who has done good things for the program. Its just that the game seems to have passed him by. He doesn't see glaring weaknesses in his program until they have reached crisis level. All too often he is a step or two behind in coaching decisions, on field and off. We deserve a coach whose greatest moments lie ahead, not one whose greatest moments are long past.

I can tolerate one more year if he announces his resignation before the season begins.

I think you'll be seeing 10,000+ empty seats at every home game next year, regardless of the coach. The slate of home games is borderline laughable, particularly in conference. The only two teams we play with a chance of being ranked are BYU and Baylor, and I'm sure those two teams will really excite the fan base. For the foreseeable future we will not play a single game against a rival at home. I'm not sure there's another team in the country who can say that.

I can't take another year of Mack Brown. Wears me out just thinking about it. Can't imagine how the fans would react. Most would be really pissed. I can see more crowds like the Kansas game. I'm already apathetic. Even the wins don't feel that great. Part of it is because we are beating bad teams. The other thing for me is it's the same story we have been living for years with Mack Brown. A couple embarrasing losses, then a few wins over bad teams, and then 9 or 10 wins and another minor bowl. Ground Hog Day all over again.

I can't take another year of Mack Brown. Wears me out just thinking about it. Can't imagine how the fans would react. Most would be really pissed. I can see more crowds like the Kansas game. I'm already apathetic. Even the wins don't feel that great. Part of it is because we are beating bad teams. The other thing for me is it's the same story we have been living for years with Mack Brown. A couple embarrasing losses, then a few wins over bad teams, and then 9 or 10 wins and another minor bowl. Ground Hog Day all over again.

This is accurate