Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stealth Negotiations, Nick Saban to Texas. Why?

monarch

STOP! LOOK! LISTEN! Please place your pieces back into your holsters, before you even think of shooting the messenger...

Peer into your souls, and finally admit it... aren't you asking yourselves the very same question that I am? Let's be honest here Gents, of course I would be happy to accept Nick Saban, as the next head coach of the Texas Longhorns. Personally, I think that he reeks of arrogance. Not to mention, that there is just something about that intimidating "glare" of his.... that so many of his players, as well as a few victims of the media, just hate to fall victim too. Nevertheless, he is indeed a winner, and I can certainly appreciate as well as respect that....

But why is he coming to Texas?

This man is akin to "The Golden child". You know it, I know it, we all know it.... There is literally nothing that he could want for. Nick Saban, wears many MNC rings. Money, is just not an object. What further "gridiron" achievements could he desire? Where does his humility derive from? Why is he really leaving Alabama? He seems to have it all.... so much so, that we could actually refer to him as "St. Nick".

Mike Tomlin, is of course my first choice as our prospective head coach. Therefore, many of you may now be asking, "well, doesn't Mike Tomlin espouse the same exact lifestyle vs accoutrements as does Nick Saban"? Yes he does.... but there in lies his "humility factor" due to the fact that Mike Tomlin, would indeed be stepping down as per the NFL, in lieu of his team's mounting losses. He would essentially be venturing into the college ranks, and would certainly have something to prove to "Longhorn Nation". Whereby, Nick Saban, just does not have anything to prove....anywhere.

I can feel it within my gut, that Nick Saban, shall indeed be announced as the next head coach of the Texas Longhorns. Shall I be happy? Yes, of course. Shall I celebrate / rejoice? Yes, of course. Will the aforementioned query still remain? Well, unless someone may actually be able to answer it, upon the most comprehensive / unambiguous manner.... yes, of course.

Edited by monarch

I like arrogance, something that has been missing around here for quite a while. But, couldn't you substitute the word "confident" in the same post and be admired for it?

If a man thinks he is the best ever at something/anything and the facts argue that this is the case. Is he arrogant or confident?

What don't you buy?

I just don't see any reason he would want to pick up and leave Alabama. He pretty much owns the SEC, can have almost any recruit he wants, is beloved in most of the entire state and makes a nice salary. I know Texas would offer him more, but other than saying he was able to go to a 3rd school and win a title, what would be his motivation?

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if it happened, I just don't see the driving factor.

I just don't see any reason he would want to pick up and leave Alabama. He pretty much owns the SEC, can have almost any recruit he wants, is beloved in most of the entire state and makes a nice salary. I know Texas would offer him more, but other than saying he was able to go to a 3rd school and win a title, what would be his motivation?

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if it happened, I just don't see the driving factor.

....seems to be a re-interpretation as per my entire posting. yes, of course.

Don't be short sited. Money is a big factor and so is the opportunity.

I'm with you, I would be shocked if he came. He hates spread offenses and the LHN.

I'm with you, I would be shocked if he came. He hates spread offenses and the LHN.

Not to steal Terrell Owen's agent's quote, but he may soon have approx 7.5-8 million reasons to like them w/ the checkbook to hire a staff for the ages...