Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Saban from MSU to LSU

Fuddy

Here's part of a post from Amie on OBs

"he sent his wife on her own to Baton Rouge when he left Michigan State for LSU. She went to Baton Rouge and scouted out the town before he made his final decision. Sounds like she is already doing that."

Thoughts?

Interesting... I just can't wrap my head around him wanting to leave Alabama, he is already dominating the SEC, he is a god in that state, and unless Texas just throws a blank check at him and says put your price on it, He is making more than enough money. The only thing I can think of, is the fact he likes challenges. Maybe he wants the challenge of taking a team like Texas and seeing if he can win titles with them. I don't want to get my hopes up

I was told his wife is a "non-practicing" realtor, in other words she is very savvy and probably has an eye for details that don't show up on "virtual" tours...that's for the posters that wonder why they aren't they aren't doing this from the safety of Tuscaloosa.

I mean if I'm gonna drop a ton on a property, I do not want any last minute surprises. It's not gonna be like they are be able to stay in Ala for long after/if he announces.

Interesting... I just can't wrap my head around him wanting to leave Alabama, he is already dominating the SEC, he is a god in that state, and unless Texas just throws a blank check at him and says put your price on it, He is making more than enough money. The only thing I can think of, is the fact he likes challenges. Maybe he wants the challenge of taking a team like Texas and seeing if he can win titles with them. I don't want to get my hopes up

Austin > Tuscaloosa

Retirement probably comes into play too. A lot more options in Central Texas than the entire state of Alabama.

I don't consider the Texas job a "challenge" for Saban; that could obviously change but we aren't THAT bad.

Saban is a narcissist, he is always looking for a new record to break and place him in the realm of legendary coaches! Bear already owns Alabama and the #1 spot will never be up for grabs! However, DKR was a great but he's not as legendary as Bear (even though Bear could never beat DKR), which means Saban may see Texas as an opening for the history books for him! Money aside, Saban would take the job at Texas for a new challenge and the record of three championships from three different teams. History shows that he only lasts 4 years at most at each school and swoops to save other programs in their time on need, well this is Texas' time of need and he's been at Alabama for 6 years now!

I do not like Saban, but I give him a 40% of coming to Texas this year. If Alabama wins a 3-peat, I give him a 70% chance!

Edited by ridik01