Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A few thoughts after a nice win

MBHORNSFAN

1. Lets be clear a win is a win

2. Kstate is not a good football team. But it felt nice to finally end the streak.

3. Need more evidence that it's time for Mack to go? The fact that in just a few days Greg Robinson has the defense playing a lot better. The fact that mack did not fire Manny Diaz after last year is a travesty and proves that he is not in touch with reality.

4. The defense made some mistakes but as my co-hos Matt pointed out to me after the game it was nice to see some guys making tackles after only a five yard game. We have seen that these little gains can turn into huge gains. (The Robinson effect)

5. I have to be honest the play calling of Major sometimes frustrates the hell out of me.

6. Case McCoy is just not good. We are so limited on offense when he plays. The defense can toll up the corners and only has to cover the middle of the field. He is no threat to throw a 30 yard out pattern pass.

7.A terrible break for Hicks. Hopefully he will get healthy and he can come back next year.

8. It was nice to see some of the young players step up. Marcus Johnson had a nice game. Kendall Sanders also did some nice things. I also think Gray is finally getting into his groove. I still want to see him break some tackles. He seems to get tripped up a lot.

9. The O line is still not where it needs to be but Kennedy Estelle is showing signs that he is going to be real good. Where is Desmond Harrison? I am told he is just not ready yet. Makes lots of mistakes when he is in there. (Another blunder by Mack not allowing his to practice)

10. We really need to beat Iowa State & build some momentum going into the OU game.

11. I still have no idea how the season will play out but it was exciting to see the team to show & play with so much emotion. Like I said on the Orange Report the players are playing hard but that still may not be enough for us to beat good teams.

12. Horns fan it could be worse we could be WVU. 37-0 loss to Maryland. What a shit show they are. (F@#K you Stockton Shorts)

13.I still believe Mack will not be back next year regardless of how many wins or losses we end up with.

14. I am still perplexed that Overstreet does not play more.

15. eight games left who knows how it will go but enjoy the ride. I know I will. Hook'em

Edited by MBHORNSFAN

Agree with all points.

Mack isn't coming back. Holgerson made a serious mistake taking the WVU job. The D is showing signs of life. A bye week should give Robinson time to really make some improvements I would think. Case is, well Case. It is what it is with him. I'm starting to think Overstreet may have violated a team rule or something. Only reason I can think of that we haven't seen more of him with Daje out.

Saw today on Horns247 that Mike Davis and Daje should be good to go for the ISU game. That'll be a good shot in the arm.

Basically the schedule over the next few weeks sets up nicely for robinson. He gets lots of time to work with linebackers and defense before ou game. Dont have high expectations for ou game right now.. But from what we can see, they are playing hard with alot of pride. I just want to see how they will react when behind... And they will get behind in ou game. Hopefully they come out with a fire that they havent in years. Im anxious to see. Gray finally coming into his own.

Good post but i really wish i could agree with #13. IF Mack beats Ou and gets to 8 wins he will be back. I want Mack gone 100% even if we win out but i fear he will be back.

This team will still have a hard time beating Ou, Ost, Bu(I fear this game as a Texas fan bc they could put up 50 easy).

#3-Robinson is an upgrade but this D is really bad, KSt is just worse. 237 yards receiving by 1 guy, BU Wrs are seriously laughing.

• Administrators

I was amazed at what I saw from both Kendall Sanders and Marcus Johnson. Sanders is obviously a freak of nature and the dude needs to get more throws. If we can get Mike Davis and him healthy at the same time...... Marcus Johnson made some damn fine clutch passes to keep the chains moving. K-State sucks but I think we can get a win next Thursday in Ames. Should set up an interesting RRR game. OU plays Notre Dame this weekend and I will be wearing my Fighting Irish shirt.

I was amazed at what I saw from both Kendall Sanders and Marcus Johnson. Sanders is obviously a freak of nature and the dude needs to get more throws. If we can get Mike Davis and him healthy at the same time...... Marcus Johnson made some damn fine clutch passes to keep the chains moving. K-State sucks but I think we can get a win next Thursday in Ames. Should set up an interesting RRR game. OU plays Notre Dame this weekend and I will be wearing my Fighting Irish shirt.

Not sure what's worse. The fact that you have a fighting Irish shirt or the fact that you admitted it. Of course, you drink wine too so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised. :)- LOL

• Administrators
Not sure what's worse. The fact that you have a fighting Irish shirt or the fact that you admitted it. Of course, you drink wine too so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised. :)- LOL

Aren't you just a barrel of laughs, K. I prefer to call it "culture" and my wine palate is growing stronger and stronger. And no, I don't own a Notre Dame shirt but I wouldn't mind wearing a "Catholics versus Hillbillys" one for the upcoming game.

Aren't you just a barrel of laughs, K. I prefer to call it "culture" and my wine palate is growing stronger and stronger. And no, I don't own a Notre Dame shirt but I wouldn't mind wearing a "Catholics versus Hillbillys" one for the upcoming game.

LMAO. Well played dude. Well played.