Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fan Feedback: Worst Recruiting Miss of the Mack Brown Era

Lord Vader

I think what is worse than missing on Gilbert is the talent that was bypassed completely and said to be not worth the scholarship at quarterback. You may miss periodically but missing on the three stars listed above, 2 being Heisman winners, is completely ridiculous. Also the kid from Florida State is playing pretty damn well. I would like to know who the source was that told Mack to stay away from the kid now starting for Florida State.

I think what is worse than missing on Gilbert is the talent that was bypassed completely and said to be not worth the scholarship at quarterback. You may miss periodically but missing on the three stars listed above, 2 being Heisman winners, is completely ridiculous. Also the kid from Florida State is playing pretty damn well. I would like to know who the source was that told Mack to stay away from the kid now starting for Florida State.

Agreed... Just what does mack do btw? Id like to know.. It sure aint recruiting, or coaching

Agreed... Just what does mack do btw? Id like to know.. It sure aint recruiting, or coaching

Though many may disagree, I don't believe Gilbert's lack of success rest entirely on his own shoulders. UT didn't develop him, didn't work with him... Why? Cause all the money was on Colt. I believe the coaches failed Gilbert. We all know they don't have the ability to develop a qb. They only know how to ride a great qb to wherever he may go. I'm not sure how the qb position turned into the mockery that it is at this point, 1st and 2nd string wouldn't start on about 100 of 120 rosters around the country.