Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Very real rumors about Mack Brown's resignation

Infinity

This is my first post on Horn Sports and I am posting this with good information on some fronts and nothing but strong, reliable rumor on the other front. Please be advised that none of this has been verified, except the fact that the Texas football players know something is going on. "Going on" means the players on the football team have been told that something regarding the coaches, assistants and personnel is transpiring. Particularly that nobody on the Texas staff will be kept after the season is over. This is tough information to hear but it is from a reliable source.

There also is a rumor that Mack Brown will resign tomorrow as head coach at his Monday Press conference - with the understanding that he will finish out the season. I was told this by a half-n-half source but I have also read it on a thread at Inside Texas.

Regardless, things have really picked up over the last 24 hours with respect to the Mack and DeLoss Dodd's future at Texas.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's presser because it should tell us a lot.

If they are willing to make an official move now and let mack finish this season, this season is lost... And they know it.

Pisses me off still... So many pros and cons. Unless you have somebody lined up, ready to save what recruits you can, i think you keep quiet, or let the hammer fall now. Staying till the end of season can cause alot of collateral damage to come for years....

If this is true, I will be the first one to go on record and thank Mack Brown for everything he did, even if he held on too long. Granted, I wasnt in control of a multimillion dollar program, but I had a job I loved once where things went south and I fought to stay when going on was best for everyone, so I get it, but this was still years overdue.

If this is true, I will be the first one to go on record and thank Mack Brown for everything he did, even if he held on too long. Granted, I wasnt in control of a multimillion dollar program, but I had a job I loved once where things went south and I fought to stay when going on was best for everyone, so I get it, but this was still years overdue.

Exactly. Mack has obviously done some great things at/for Texas and I'll be appreciative ones he is gone. It just should've happened a couple of years ago.

• Administrators
EVEN if everyone is out after the season, it's over 10 years too late.

Mack Brown and DeLoss Dudd should have been fired in 2001.

There's no "oustering" at the Presser. Mack talking his game like he typically does, still has the goal of winning a Big 12 Championship.

• Administrators
My understanding is that Mack made no major announcements this morning. Even if a decision is made, I am sure the players will learn first, etc...

It's business as usual on the 40 Acres - nothing was announced this morning. Other than the injuries to this team are mounting.