Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fire mack now

Mitch Lovell

• Administrators
What a performance they clearly don't listen to his voice anymore there's no way we beat ou or any team that can run its pretty sad we can get any recruit in the nation and we can't even tackle man what I would give to have a real dc back

As many beers as I've had and as upset as I am I definitely would entertain it.

We're 9 minutes out and BYU has 508 rushing yards against this team.

Inexcusable.

The worst is Mack didn't recruit RGIII because of Garrett Gilbert. He passed on Johnny Football and couldn't be bothered to talk to Winston. He was asked in a press conference if Tyrone Swoopes might see some playing time. He answered that Swoopes had not practiced well enough to play.

I would not be surprised if Swoopes transfers and Heard de-commits. I know I would.

This coaching staff is the worst kind so staff. They have no ability to inspire kids and can't evaluate talent. Fire them all. NOW!

• Administrators

I could give a rat's ass about the qb recruiting mishaps but Mack's welcome at Texas as head coach is worn out. This is not fair to these kids that play at UT. Bill Powers and DeLoss need to get their heads out of their asses and make good on their obligations to the university.

Fire Barnes too! Basketball is gonna be just as bad

Seriously Mack is a great salesman... Sold the alumni, fanbase, and media a big fat f##king yellow lemon. Absolute embarrassment. So many questions being asked now... We couldnt give Winston at least a call? We missed on RG3.. Mack had the right idea with Vince. The game was evolving with that style of quarterback. Instead of sticking with what worked, and recruiting what was needed, Mack tried to change the style of the game, and buck what it was evolving too. Well how did that work out.. He still doesnt have an oline that can play that smash mouth style of football. Our last 3 qb's, should be playing in the conference usa. And then the hiring of manny diaz... Words cant explain the disgust with that move.

Mack has kept us from scandal, been good with character issues, graduated and nurtured these kids to fine young men. But yet wheres the risk. Mack doesnt take the gambles or risks on recruits, that he should. That other schools do. And it shows on the field. Take the risks, take the gambles. We will never forget 2005, but we cannot forgive the lemon you are selling us now.

• Administrators

I haven't had this feeling about Texas since UCLA beat our asses 66-3 in 1997. Mackovic was fired after the season. Mack won't be fired until the end of the season (and I think the performance tonight gets him to step down ultimately) but Texas needs a succession plan.

I haven't had this feeling about Texas since UCLA beat our asses 66-3 in 1997. Mackovic was fired after the season. Mack won't be fired until the end of the season (and I think the performance tonight gets him to step down ultimately) but Texas needs a succession plan.

I am right there with you.. I was watching ou/wv game thinking we had a good chance headed to red river game. Now, im wondering how we get by ole miss... Never thought id see the day the pokes were the class of big 12.

I have been saying this on ESPN Texas forum (now closed) for almost 12 years - fire Mack Brown and DeLoss Dudd.

Mack Brown doesn't have it. Bob Stoops has beat Mack Brown by a 3:1 ratio, and every 3 years, Mack Brown gets routed to the tune of 65-14.

I was already convinced after the 1st quarter that Texas would get beat by BYU.

Texas offense is as weak and pathetic as the one under Greg Davis. Texas defense is now comparable to West Lake High.

Back in 2002-3 or so I wrote several letters to UT AD DeLoss Dudd, telling him to fire Mack Brown and hire Steve Spurrier. He didn't listen. Now look at South Carolina.

Mack Brown can't win a game without exceptional players (e.g. Vince Young) He doesn't know even the basics of game planning and game time adjustment. His choice of offensive coordinator Greg Davis - the worst in the Big 12 if not Division 1 - has cost Texas 10 years of underachieving offense despite top recruits year after year.

Now Mack Brown is making 5 millions a year, more than coaches with multiple NC titles, thanks to the brainless AD DeLoss Dudd.

Time to fire Mack Brown. (I'm not holding my breath, obviously)

Be prepared to see big routs by Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, etc.

a 5-6 loss season is in order.

Yeah case McCoy sure does suck

been saying the same about him and his brother. In their defense, they have never had adequate coaching in college. Former offensive coordinator Greg Davis was a complete joke. That's why Vince Young and company refused to listen to Greg Davis' ultra-lame play calls in crucial games.

Major Applewhite was a very good quarterback. However, as offensive coordinator, he has suffered the same handicap Texas quarterbacks have suffered - a very bad mentor.