Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
bbdude

Indy Car Tragedy

I have always respected the Indy Car series as true racing that took a tremendous amount of skill and guts. It is sad that Dan Wheldon lost his life yesterday competing.

Not sure what contributed to the crash but most of the drivers had concerns as they ran at speeds upward of 225 miles per hour.

This is a sad story. After these tragedies happen they always talk about how the track was in bad shape, etc. Sad part is lots of crazed fans go to see the crashes. In this case it was one they most likely did not want to see. He leaves behind 2 young children too.

I love auto racing in general. and this is a tragedy, but there are people who will say the sport is too fast and they need to slow the cars down. My things is, these men and women know the risk behind the wheel and wouldn't change it. But going over 200mph does seem to push the envelope. even for a speed junkie like me.

I love auto racing in general. and this is a tragedy, but there are people who will say the sport is too fast and they need to slow the cars down. My things is, these men and women know the risk behind the wheel and wouldn't change it. But going over 200mph does seem to push the envelope. even for a speed junkie like me.

I tend to agree with this. If you were to ask folks why they go watch these races they will say because of the high speeds. Sure the racers know the risk but they keep doing it because it is a sport like all the others. It pays pretty well also. The speed and the rush is what it is all about.