Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****CFP NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD: Georgia vs. TCU

11 hours ago, UTfish said:

I'm pulling for Georgia to lose, but TCU to lose by more. Both will be vampires trying to suck top recruits away from us. 

Hope the dogs choke on frogs and the frogs die in the dog's belly. 

Other than that, I really don't care. 

On the bright side...Vampire Georgia will still be sucking in the top recruits while TCU just plain sucks. 

After last night we see where we need to get too. I’m trying to keep myself excited because Sark and Kirby are both out of the Saban tree. I always said if you can’t get Saban, you have to get one of his top guys. Also Kirby is a great recruiter and Sark has shown that he is as well. We just have to keep stacking talent and hope we make the turn. A combination of high school and portal guys. The Alabama’s and Georgia’s show you where you have to take it. I honestly hope Sark is the man to do it. 

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Anyone still in denial that stars don't matter and still going with give me 3 stars and coach them up is just dumb. Elite 4 and 5 stars matter.  

I don't think we have anyone here claiming stars don't matter, which is encouraging.

All I'll say is sometimes those 3-stars develop late and become 5 stars after all the voting is done. Colt McCoy is one example.

26 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't think we have anyone here claiming stars don't matter, which is encouraging.

All I'll say is sometimes those 3-stars develop late and become 5 stars after all the voting is done. Colt McCoy is one example.

Stetson Bennett was a 2* walk on.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/01/10/georgia-tcu-players-eating-chicken-wings-drinking-beer-game-college-ncaa-football/

Georgia Dominated TCU So Much That Players Were Eating Wings And Drinking Beer While The Game Was Still Going On

image.thumb.png.be2dd968e0828c37a0c57293e3cdeeaf.png

Okay, so this is just absolutely epic.

As we all know, the No. 1 Georgia Bulldogs successfully defended their national championship with flying colors, beating the living hell out of the No. 3 (LOL) TCU Horned Frogs by a whopping score of 65-7.

In fact, the Dawgs dominated so much that they were able to kick back and relax. These guys (in true legendary fashion) were eating chicken wings and drinking beer during the live game — oh, and there was some champagne mixed in too.

Back-to-back national champions, and now instant legends for this beautiful display of pure glory.

I already liked the University of Georgia before this. Like I stated in my prediction piece, I’ve got several reasons to like the Bulldogs — I’ve got family that went there, my daughter’s name is Georgia (nicknamed Peach), I’m an Atlanta Braves fan — I could go on and on. The point is: they already had me.

But now?

Now I want to go out and buy a national championship t-shirt, a college football jersey for next season, and start rooting for these guys. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still on board for future Michigan Wolverines glory and the trainwreck known as the Miami Hurricanes. I can’t help but to root for their rival Florida State Seminoles because my dad is such a huge fan. But I think I want to make the Bulldogs the 17th college football program that I root for. (I don’t know why I’m like that with college sports, but I’m weird like that, I know.)

But can you blame me?

Any team that has Georgia‘s swag, wins back-to-back national championships, and steamrolls one so much that it had the luxury of eating chicken wings and drinking both beer and champagne during a live game, I’m certainly a fan of.

I respectfully disagree TCU loss should embarrassed the whole state of Texas. That is the same logic that aggie has won multiple national championships and chanting "SEC, SEC, SEC!" That logic would mean all Big 12 was embarrassed. I have a hard time imagining a person from West Virginia, Kansas or Oklahoma woke up feeling embarrassed and had to call their psychiatrist. The same goes for ALL Texans.  The truth is Alabama (FYI, I'm not a fan of Alabama) would have been a better representative, but TCU was the media darlings. The way TCU beat Baylor had everyone calling them Cinderella. Kansas State beat them and they got demolished by Alabama. Michigan gave TCU 2 pick 6s and two goal line turnovers and TCU still had to hang on to win. What the world saw last night was Cinderella was really a LUCKY purple ogre. The only entity that should be embarrassed is TCU (and perhaps the committee who put them in the final four). Even Donkey knows a fire breathing dragon is better than a lucky ogre. 

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Georgia Dominated TCU So Much That Players Were Eating Wings And Drinking Beer While The Game Was Still Going On

image.thumb.png.be2dd968e0828c37a0c57293e3cdeeaf.png

Tbe rivalry between Blow U and Kansas State has resided some, but at one time K State really hated Blow U. The history was at one time Kansas State was HORRIBLE. Now combine that with the arrogance of Barry Switzer. Those OU teams were good. Barry would have BBQ cater on the sidelines for halftime. The score would be out of reach at half time. Barry would pull the starters and they would be eating BBQ and having a party. Once 2nd stringers made their mark they hot to enjoy the party, etc., etc.

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If I were to rate him now, I'd say he's a 4-star. He did develop during his time at Georgia. Keep in mind, he is 25.

Just shows how hard he worked and how much it helped him develop to be around the arguably the best oline in America, 5 star RBs, the best TE in America, 5 star WRs and the arguably the best defense for multiple years.

he was gutsy in winning close games and deserves a lot of credit too. 

1 hour ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

I respectfully disagree TCU loss should embarrassed the whole state of Texas. That is the same logic that aggie has won multiple national championships and chanting "SEC, SEC, SEC!" That logic would mean all Big 12 was embarrassed. I have a hard time imagining a person from West Virginia, Kansas or Oklahoma woke up feeling embarrassed and had to call their psychiatrist. The same goes for ALL Texans.  The truth is Alabama (FYI, I'm not a fan of Alabama) would have been a better representative, but TCU was the media darlings. The way TCU beat Baylor had everyone calling them Cinderella. Kansas State beat them and they got demolished by Alabama. Michigan gave TCU 2 pick 6s and two goal line turnovers and TCU still had to hang on to win. What the world saw last night was Cinderella was really a LUCKY purple ogre. The only entity that should be embarrassed is TCU (and perhaps the committee who put them in the final four). Even Donkey knows a fire breathing dragon is better than a lucky ogre. 

The hatred for aggy is on a whole different level and as far as WVa, zero u, okie lite, kansas lite, k st and Iowa St are concerned, they can suck a bunch of green ones. They don't matter at all.

Hell, SFA and SHSU should be embarrassed by TCU's performance