Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chris Beard Fired

On 1/6/2023 at 7:01 PM, Baron said:

Beard's firing happened quite suddenly considering how quiet things were from the University. I'm wondering where the pressure to fire him now came from. Was it related to the announcement that a hearing had been set, which coincidentally occurred the same day? Or was it that the incredibly woke crowd at UT forced this?

Thinking about the incident, I would be willing to bet both were inebriated. Why else would a grown man bite someone? Unless you are a loose cannon, which Beard might be considering some of his fireside chats.

Regardless, this all sucks. I had no doubt Texas was on track to become a BBall powerhouse. Rodney Terry just doesn't give me any confidence considering his record as a head coach. I hope I am wrong.

Beard had no alcohol in his body. I believe he was tested while in jail. Regardless he screwed up.  

On 1/7/2023 at 8:38 PM, MBHORNSFAN said:

Beard had no alcohol in his body. I believe he was tested while in jail. Regardless he screwed up.  

The Alcohol would explain the irrational decisions made that evening, now what can we conclude about his state of mind at the time; honestly I’ve never been slapped in the face by my spouse and cannot honestly say how I’d respond but I’d like to think I wouldn’t respond with violence bc you just don’t put your hands on a woman period