Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chris Beard Fired

10 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Wow. I guess there was just no getting through this for him. It is highly disappointing as I think we all thought we finally had our head coach. 

Do we go get another big name/winner or do we stay put with Rodney Terry?

Rodney Terry is interviewing from now through March.  If not Terry, I’d go big names.  A couple tires I’d kick:

Scott Drew

Kelvin Sampson 

3 minutes ago, Huskie1 said:

Either of those would be a home run. IMHO, Few is a longshot but Wright may come back for the right situation. (No pun intended)

Wright is available now and has skins on the wall. He’s still relatively young at 61. 
CDC seems to usually go for the home run hire so we’ll see. 

13 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Wright is available now and has skins on the wall. He’s still relatively young at 61. 
CDC seems to usually go for the home run hire so we’ll see. 

Is Wright a realistic option? I'm not familiar with his situation. He seemed to have a pretty good thing at Villanova, yet he retired. 

I just listened to this basketball radio deal thing with two basketball writers. They knew Beard well and indicated they knew it would end up fired.

Anyway names they mentioned:

Jerome Tang KSt

Brad Underwood Illinois 

Musselman Arkansas 

Bruce Pearl Auburn 

Nate Oats Alabama 

Chris Holtmann Ohio St

Ed Cooley Providence 

13 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

I just listened to this basketball radio deal thing with two basketball writers. They knew Beard well and indicated they knew it would end up fired.

Jerome Tang KSt

Brad Underwood Illinois 

Musselman Arkansas 

Bruce Pearl Auburn 

Nate Oats Alabama 

Chris Holtmann Ohio St

Ed Cooley Providence 

Bruce Pearl, no thanks.

Tang is interesting.

32 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Jerome Tang KSt

Brad Underwood Illinois 

Musselman Arkansas 

Bruce Pearl Auburn 

Nate Oats Alabama 

Chris Holtmann Ohio St

Ed Cooley Providence 

I read that Beard was offered the chance to resign, but chose not to.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Bruce Pearl, no thanks.

Tang is interesting.

They both loved the idea of Bruce Pearl. Said him or Tang should be the first calls. IDK. They’ve been covering college basketball for 20 something years so makes me think about who they mentioned.

4 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

They both loved the idea of Bruce Pearl. Said him or Tang should be the first calls. IDK. They’ve been covering college basketball for 20 something years so makes me think about who they mentioned.

Pearl is a program-killer. I think he's left two places under NCAA investigation that led to probation. I know it happened at Tennessee. Its remarkable that he can still coach in the NCAA, IMO.

Make Jay Wright say no. Reach out to Oats’ and Musselman’s agents. Reach out to Ivey.

One thing I haven’t heard mentioned this time around, but I think would be a possibility: Billy Donovan. I know the Bulls allegedly extended him but no details have been released. I’d assume the Bulls are going to blow it up and rebuild. Does Donovan really want to go through that?

1 hour ago, TexCoyote said:

They also said other coaches around the country are going to be trying to get our players to transfer. I wish we could get someone hired before 3 months so we can start getting this going again. Jay Wright is one of the only ones we could get right now 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, longhorn_mig said:

Make Jay Wright say no. Reach out to Oats’ and Musselman’s agents. Reach out to Ivey.

One thing I haven’t heard mentioned this time around, but I think would be a possibility: Billy Donovan. I know the Bulls allegedly extended him but no details have been released. I’d assume the Bulls are going to blow it up and rebuild. Does Donovan really want to go through that?

I like your first sentence. Any of those would be great, IMO. Ivey is very interesting and provides a unique angle.

Wasn't Donovan at Florida at some point?