Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oklahoma State Game Thread

• Administrators

At least they made a decision and stuck with it. The dual qb situation was a disaster waiting to happen. Ash made some goofball freshman mistakes but he wasn't that terrible. Ash looks like he will be the guy from now on. Case has to be a little miffed. Overall I thought our guys did a decent job.

At least they made a decision and stuck with it. The dual qb situation was a disaster waiting to happen. Ash made some goofball freshman mistakes but he wasn't that terrible. Ash looks like he will be the guy from now on. Case has to be a little miffed. Overall I thought our guys did a decent job.

Love ya Dude but have to disagree..Ash looked like a high school QB at best..No arm strength, a poor runner and makes bad decisions..all of course IMHO..Funny, Ash gets three picks against OU and wins the QB job..I think it is time to quit giving scholarships to juniors..just saying..

• Administrators

Had McCoy played and we lost folks would be calling for Ash. Like I said I applaud the coaching staff for making the tough choice - picking Ash and letting him have on the job training. I don't know if it was the right choice but we have a starting quarterback now. He could lose the job, sure, but at least we have a starter.

Looks as though the QB competition is over to me. Ash wins. Not really sure the right call was made, but they have apparently made it. Ash didn't play too bad, but he certainly didn't play well either. Chalk it up to the learning curve I guess.

I still think McCoy is the better QB this year. Not necessarily from now on, but for this year. He seemed to move the ball better everytime I saw them play.

• Administrators

If David Ash remains the starter for the duration of the year will McCoy toy with transferring? We need a solid backup who can come in in the event of an injury or jst pathetic play from the starter. McCoy should ride it out regardless - he'll get his chance.

If David Ash remains the starter for the duration of the year will McCoy toy with transferring? We need a solid backup who can come in in the event of an injury or jst pathetic play from the starter. McCoy should ride it out regardless - he'll get his chance.

Rumors are already flying that Case will transfer. You never know anymore with players. I hope he stays, but then again, if I were in his shoes and thought I could play QB and be the starter somewhere, I guesss you'd have to look at your options.

• Administrators

Agreed but Mack has a connection to the McCoy family and I'm sure he has said the right things to get Case to stick around. remember the rumors that were thrown out about him transferring (even before the season started)... He's good but he ain't his brother - yet. I think it would very premature for him to transfer out of the burnt orange and white jersey this early in the game.