Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beard is done

jrcruz1026

10 hours ago, java said:

Except for A & M, darn!  There is a glimmer of hope and then a big Splat!  Right smack on their face. Do you think they are simply traumatized?

Poor aggys.

Don't look now but aggy has been playing decent ball lately and they're sitting in second place in the $ec with a 4-0 conference record.

51 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Don't look now but aggy has been playing decent ball lately and they're sitting in second place in the $ec with a 4-0 conference record.

31 minutes ago, Huskie1 said:

I saw that too but couldn't bring myself to type it.

C'mon guys! We all know that agsy does well at some point during the season, but when it comes to crunch time, agsy does agsy things and will somehow s*it the bed. You can set your watch by it. This is a fact of life. Kinda like water is wet... Sit back and enjoy.

19 hours ago, Huskie1 said:

Cincy and BYU will be bottom dwellers in the big 12. Houston is obviously legit. I would say the conference might be marginally better.

Don’t look now but the SEC is up and coming in hoops. Kentucky is down but Bama is ligit and they have several higher level teams. 

I agree... the sec is not a cakewalk.  But the Big  is arguably the best basketball conference.  I'd say the past few years the Big  is probably the best (top to bottom).   I could be wrong (and don't care to research) but I believe Cincinnati has been pretty good in basketball - historically?  Cougar High is, perhaps, the best team in the country this year.  BYU is.... well they are BYU.  

23 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Donot look now but bottom dweller Cincy. is giving #1 Houston more than they want.

Up by 10  At 7 left in first half.

Houston is #3 behind Purdue & Bama. Be that said, this doesn't hurt my feelings they're losing.

I was visiting with a friend, who grew up and still has family in Lubbock, about Coach Beard. I asked if there had been any issues prior to Austin. 
He said in Lubbock it was common knowledge that Beard was a heavy drinker and a mean drunk. He also said the girl friend was crazy as a road lizard. 
Long story short, this wasn’t the first time something like this had happened it was just a lot easier to keep it quiet in Lubbock than in Austin. 

On 1/29/2023 at 4:03 PM, RickyFlair said:

I was visiting with a friend, who grew up and still has family in Lubbock, about Coach Beard. I asked if there had been any issues prior to Austin. 
He said in Lubbock it was common knowledge that Beard was a heavy drinker and a mean drunk. He also said the girl friend was crazy as a road lizard. 
Long story short, this wasn’t the first time something like this had happened it was just a lot easier to keep it quiet in Lubbock than in Austin. 

That doesn’t speak well for CDC. If this is true Beard should have been vetted better.

On 1/31/2023 at 8:35 AM, Billybass said:

That doesn’t speak well for CDC. If this is true Beard should have been vetted better.

It's a good question as to what vetting took place and what it did, or didn⁷'t reveal. On the other hand  the BB program is in a much better place now then when Beard was hired.

It's not like Texas had to pay a bunch of money to get rid of him. So yeah Beard wasn't the long term answer we were hoping for, but I don't think it's going to harm CDC's position with the BOR, or whoever else he is accountable to.

23 hours ago, Billybass said:

When you do a background check it's hard to give much credence to rumors.  If there was an arrest, you would/could/should find it.  But there could be multiple motives for hearsay.  

On 1/29/2023 at 4:03 PM, RickyFlair said:

It’s sad that they did keep it quiet, particularly after they screwed Leach when a spoiled, entitled kid lied.