Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beard is done

jrcruz1026

1 hour ago, dssl said:

To compare this incident with a murder, rape or a cheating scandal seems unfair. Yes it's serious, but we haven't heard any explanations from Beard, or possible plans for him to address his personal issues. 

I will be surprised but not shocked if he can survive this.

I didn't intend to compare directly to murder. I can see where my post could have been misconstrued. My apologies. What I was pointing to was Baylor started winning and that supposedly cure everything.

6 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Sure was. Unsure where this will end up. Do they drop charges if she changes her statement? Do they have evidence that he bit her…….teeth marks, bruising etc.??? IDK 🤷‍♂️ 

Technically they could still pursue it, but they will only pursue it if they believe a conviction is likely,  so they most likely drop the charges. 

This ISN'T a surprising development. The University is presumably doing their own investigation,  and will need to decide if the risks of keeping him out weigh the benefits.

If the University is confident that this is an isolated event and he attends whatever classes or counseling then I would think they will keep him.

If the University finds other incidents,  or other red flags that indicate this is a pattern then it will be much more difficult for them to retain him.

11 minutes ago, dssl said:

Technically they could still pursue it, but they will only pursue it if they believe a conviction is likely,  so they most likely drop the charges. 

This ISN'T a surprising development. The University is presumably doing their own investigation,  and will need to decide if the risks of keeping him out weigh the benefits.

If the University is confident that this is an isolated event and he attends whatever classes or counseling then I would think they will keep him.

If the University finds other incidents,  or other red flags that indicate this is a pattern then it will be much more difficult for them to retain him.

Good post. It’s going to be interesting. 

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, dssl said:

I'll preface this saying I know nothing, so I asked my UT Law best friend how this could go down and if the fiancée holds all the cards here as far as dropping charges.

He mentioned it's up to the DA, but that they seriously consider the complainant's recommendation.

My only question now is if the visible evidence on the scene and that he was charged with a felony will allow for charges to be dropped.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TexCoyote said:

Sure was. Unsure where this will end up. Do they drop charges if she changes her statement? Do they have evidence that he bit her…….teeth marks, bruising etc.??? IDK 🤷‍♂️ 

Yes, the police report cited visible evidence of teeth marks, bruising, etc.

That's why I've been wondering how Texas would be able to get around this.

7 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

I’m not saying it’s true about this report but I personally know of instances where non existent “evidence “ was put into incident reports. I would assume that if there were marks on the lady, they were photographed. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Huskie1 said:

I’m not saying it’s true about this report but I personally know of instances where non existent “evidence “ was put into incident reports. I would assume that if there were marks on the lady, they were photographed. 

Scenarios are endless, obviously.

I'm just trying to think like CDC and Texas, and what they may do.

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

If they have pictures she could claim it was self inflicted, or come up with some other explanation. 

I don't find her reversal credible , but I would think in a he said,  and she agrees it's hard to imagine a conviction. 

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, dssl said:

If they have pictures she could claim it was self inflicted, or come up with some other explanation. 

I don't find her reversal credible , but I would think in a he said,  and she agrees it's hard for me to imagine a conviction. 

My first reaction is you'd think their legal team could've come up with a stronger statement than that given almost two weeks to think about it.

12 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

My first reaction is you'd think their legal team could've come up with a stronger statement than that given almost two weeks to think about it.

I'm not a lawyer, but even though it doesn't seem credible it may be a good legal strategy.  From A PR perspective you would have thought something more nuanced and reflective would have been better. 

I personally think that sado masochism is nuts, but I believe it is legal in Texas as long as both parties consent and there's no great bodily harm. 

They could claim that her injuries were a result of S&M, but if that became public knowledge, I don't think he would be retained by UT.     If kept quiet, he might keep his job.

Just a thought. 

26 minutes ago, Billybass said:

He’s supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, but if there are pictures of bite marks etc…, horns need to go in another direction whether he is convicted or not. 
let’s take the high road

The high road is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not a court of public opinion.