Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beard is done

jrcruz1026

I just saw Anwar posted the arrest record. He slapped her glasses off her face, threw her off the bed, bit her. It was her own words. I don’t see how he’ll come back from this. Suspended without pay. I guess Rodney Terry will coach out the season. CDC will make a move in the offseason 

52 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

I just saw Anwar posted the arrest record. He slapped her glasses off her face, threw her off the bed, bit her. It was her own words. I don’t see how he’ll come back from this. Suspended without pay. I guess Rodney Terry will coach out the season. CDC will make a move in the offseason 

Just read it. He simply snapped according to her. Inexcuseable if true. Going to be hard to whitewash this one. 

DA won't be able to press charges if she doesn't cooperate. There would be no case then.

I think I'd like to know what's on Beard's tape.

I could see them letting some time go by before re-instating him, especially once the case is dismissed.

I could also see them dismissing him and then he suing UT. Even if there is evidence, its not worth much unless its presented and substantiated in a court of law.

7 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

DA won't be able to press charges if she doesn't cooperate. There would be no case then.

I think I'd like to know what's on Beard's tape.

I could see them letting some time go by before re-instating him, especially once the case is dismissed.

I could also see them dismissing him and then he suing UT. Even if there is evidence, its not worth much unless its presented and substantiated in a court of law.

I'm curious what started this all up to begin with. Doesn't make any sense to me 

17 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

I'm curious what started this all up to begin with. Doesn't make any sense to me 

I just learned on LHN that there is a court order on him preventing him from being near or at his home. So maybe this isn't going to go away, at least not quickly.

His career hangs in the balance.

Its unfortunate for both him and UT, but a man's hands should never go around a woman's throat. Not even for five seconds.

14 minutes ago, NWAHorn said:

I have zero tolerance for a man placing his hands or arms on a woman unless the threat is so violent that there simply is no other alternative. They need to sever ties with Beard now. There is no walking this back. 

He says he has audio tape that shows he was not the aggressor. I think we have to let this play out, but you're right, it sure stinks to high heaven right now.

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I just learned on LHN that there is a court order on him preventing him from being near or at his home. So maybe this isn't going to go away, at least not quickly.

His career hangs in the balance.

Its unfortunate for both him and UT, but a man's hands should never go around a woman's throat. Not even for five seconds.

I agree

There has been conflicting information, even from normally reputable news sources.  I’ve taken a wait and see attitude.

I have a friend who had some issues with a teenage daughter.  The wife wasn’t strong enough to hold the daughter when in a rage, only the husband.  They were instructed by a psychiatrist to video anytime he had to restrain the daughter to keep her from doing something potentially dangerous.

That was the wife’s role.

From the for what it’s worth department.

Hook ‘em!

On 12/12/2022 at 11:23 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

He says he has audio tape that shows he was not the aggressor. I think we have to let this play out, but you're right, it sure stinks to high heaven right now.

I think his career is effectively over now.  He may be innocent maybe not.  Negative recruiting is going to be easy.  Just ask mom: Do you want your son to go be mentored for 4 years by a "wife beater"?  It could potentially effect our other sports too.  Ask a volleyball player: what kind of campus culture do you want to go spend 4 years in?

It's all over but the crying.  You can't let that cloud hang over the athletic department.

2 hours ago, Wayne said:

I think his career is effectively over now.  He may be innocent maybe not.  Negative recruiting is going to be easy.  Just ask mom: Do you want your son to go be mentored for 4 years by a "wife beater"?  It could potentially effect our other sports too.  Ask a volleyball player: what kind of campus culture do you want to go spend 4 years in?

It's all over but the crying.  You can't let that cloud hang over the athletic department.

All of that is true, but we'll see how it plays out.

Devil’s advocate ( assuming he is indeed innocent):

Want your child to attend a University that doesn’t jump to conclusions and lets the facts speak for themselves? While I understand it didn’t look good at the time, I appreciate the University allowing me to return to my job once I was proven innocent.  Your child will be given the same consideration should the need arise.  

8 minutes ago, UT1983 said:

Devil’s advocate ( assuming he is indeed innocent):

Want your child to attend a University that doesn’t jump to conclusions and lets the facts speak for themselves? While I understand it didn’t look good at the time, I appreciate the University allowing me to return to my job once I was proven innocent.  Your child will be given the same consideration should the need arise.  

Innocence/truth doesn’t matter in recruiting. We all know that; it’s all perception. Even if he is innocent; that wont be the story. The story will be that it was all swept under the rug because of money and power.  And he won’t get a clean bill of health from any outcome. If she won’t testify and charges are dropped, he loses.  If the DA says there’s not enough evidence, he loses. If she says she lied, he loses.  He loses. The only way he could have potentially won was to leave no marks on her; he didn’t. 

4 hours ago, Wayne said:

Negative recruiting is going to be easy.  Just ask mom: Do you want your son to go be mentored for 4 years by a "wife beater"?  

First I would be surprised if he CDC is able to keep him, although I would guess he would like to.

If he was to stay it would need to involve some combination of some facts that put his behavior in a less negative light, and or other reason(s) he should be given another chance combined with some kind of pubic sincere self examination and plan for change. Again not likely. 

As far as recruiting,  this may do some harm, but at the end of the day recruiting is about relationships, belief in the coaches ability to develop the players and win lots of games and of course NIL. If Beard can survive I don't believe any of that changes significantly. 

1 hour ago, java said:

If Beard is innocent, and my gut instinct says he is, it would be hypocrisy to say “you lose”.

Drew wasn’t innocent & his flaws involved harboring players that murdered a fellow player.  That was brutal.

Java, that was Dave Bliss who did that. Drew was hired because Bliss was fired over the murder thing.

Certainly not an expert but I expect there to be a statement soon by either the university or Beard that he suffers from mental or emotional disorders and will step away for health reasons. There will be a settlement that will allow him to keep some salary and the university will move on. The mental health issues will allow for a distancing and some recovery time for all. Some time over the next 6-12 months there will be a quiet release that a settlement between Beard and the lady has been reached and he will coach somewhere else in a couple years.

I think everyone is missing the point. With Dave Bliss help covering up a murder along with making tuition payments for players, Scott Drew and his shenanigans, Art Briles saga, lack of transparency by Baylor administration, etc., UT doesn't want to be thought of in the same vein as Baylor. As far as that goes, not like A&M lying about 12th Man (their biggest tradition), Gene Stallings (caught red handed cheating), Jackie Sherrill, Johnny M, Dumbo or OU with Switzer, Big Red Motors and one of the most penalized schools by NCAA, etc. Winning does not cure all; winning with integrity cures all. 

6 minutes ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

I think everyone is missing the point. With Dave Bliss help covering up a murder along with making tuition payments for players, Scott Drew and his shenanigans, Art Briles saga, lack of transparency by Baylor administration, etc., UT doesn't want to be thought of in the same vein as Baylor. As far as that goes, not like A&M lying about 12th Man (their biggest tradition), Gene Stallings (caught red handed cheating), Jackie Sherrill, Johnny M, Dumbo or OU with Switzer, Big Red Motors and one of the most penalized schools by NCAA, etc. Winning does not cure all; winning with integrity cures all. 

To compare this incident with a murder, rape or a cheating scandal seems unfair. Yes it's serious, but we haven't heard any explanations from Beard, or possible plans for him to address his personal issues. 

I will be surprised but not shocked if he can survive this.