Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Early Christmas Present from Mods


TFloss32
 Share

Recommended Posts

Some keep referring to the 1st amendment as protecting speech from anyone. This is incorrect. It keeps Congress from passing any law that would curtail or sensor speech against the government. So in essence it protects you from the government. If it was meant to protect you from other citizens there wouldn't be any libel or slander laws.

And as far as a public forum is concerned, people lose their jobs all the time because of things posted online. That's far worse than being banned from a website.

The entire Bill of Rights was written to protect the citizen from all forms (Federal, State and Municipal) of government.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

and, there you go... you should ban yourself.  you dont have the mature temperament an administrator should have 

Here is a thought: If you think the admin and the board is too immature for you, perhaps you should ban yourself. 😉 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Baron said:

Some keep referring to the 1st amendment as protecting speech from anyone. This is incorrect. It keeps Congress from passing any law that would curtail or sensor speech against the government. So in essence it protects you from the government. If it was meant to protect you from other citizens there wouldn't be any libel or slander laws.

And as far as a public forum is concerned, people lose their jobs all the time because of things posted online. That's far worse than being banned from a website.

The entire Bill of Rights was written to protect the citizen from all forms (Federal, State and Municipal) of government.

We have a valedictorian on the board!

Well Done Reaction GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Soldierhorn, I have nothing against you. I've enjoyed your posts for the most part since you've been here. But the holier than thou approach never sells, particularly when you target the entire board.

Some unsolicited advice from me would be to learn more about what you're speaking to before you run out and tell everyone they have it all wrong. No, you're not advanced in moral conduct beyond us. You're just a JD virgin who was spared the past six months of caca.

 

It's not a "holier than thou approach."  It's a belief in open and fair forum discussion without spiteful moderation. I dont post very often nowadays (on any board), but you know a lot of my posts get deleted by TFloss for no reason. I have DM'd screen shots of deleted posts in the past. 

And, the moderator shouldnt instigate conflict knowing he can just delete what the other person says... and that does happen.  I hadnt posted in a while and then THIS post (1 Dec 22) from TFloss comes out of nowhere.  What was the point of this post?  someone with editing rights being confrontational and contentious? 

 

 

TFloss post [221201].jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
28 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

It's not a "holier than thou approach."  It's a belief in open and fair forum discussion without spiteful moderation. I dont post very often nowadays (on any board), but you know a lot of my posts get deleted by TFloss for no reason. I have DM'd screen shots of deleted posts in the past. 

And, the moderator shouldnt instigate conflict knowing he can just delete what the other person says... and that does happen.  I hadnt posted in a while and then THIS post (1 Dec 22) from TFloss comes out of nowhere.  What was the point of this post?  someone with editing rights being confrontational and contentious? 

 

 

TFloss post [221201].jpg

The point of this post was to tease you because I clearly stated you were banned and I would start deleting your posts after multiple warnings.

I also posted that because of the crazy DM you sent me before leaving.

Did you think you'd sneak in the back door and I wouldn't say anything?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

The point of this post was to tease you because I clearly stated you were banned and I would start deleting your posts after multiple warnings.

I also posted that because of the crazy DM you sent me before leaving.

Did you think you'd sneak in the back door and I wouldn't say anything?

what?  I didnt leave. I dont post very much and hardly at all during the summer.  IIRC, I still posted on Sirhornsalot's monthly gardening threads; however, not sure about every one

There was no sneaking. hahaha  on an open forum no less.  I post more during the season. So, you are conceding starting a confrontation out of pettiness and spite.  You post a lot of good material taken from other sites but you have shown you should not have admin privilege. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Soldierhorn said:

what?  I didnt leave. I dont post very much and hardly at all during the summer.  IIRC, I still posted on Sirhornsalot's monthly gardening threads; however, not sure about every one

There was no sneaking. hahaha  on an open forum no less.  I post more during the season. So, you are conceding starting a confrontation out of pettiness and spite.  You post a lot of good material taken from other sites but you have shown you should not have admin privilege. 

I can see why you're upset a lot if you consider my joke a "confrontation" or "pettiness", as if you don't expect me to say a word after the bizarre things you've said to me behind the scenes.

The idea that you think this is a "public forum" and a private owner can't do whatever he wants on his website is hilarious, but maybe you're a brilliant troll and acting as dumb as possible for fun.

I'll tell you what...despite you being unable to provide any real examples of who has been treated unfairly or why you've been mad for three years, you can hang out and I won't delete your posts as long you be normal like everyone else.

If I see you taking random shots at others or myself, you send another crazy DM about moderation or if I receive complaints about you (which I have and still let you stay), then that's it and you can find another board which suits your behavioral and moderator standards.

Happy Holidays, soldier, and you can have the last word.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

It's not a "holier than thou approach."  It's a belief in open and fair forum discussion without spiteful moderation. I dont post very often nowadays (on any board), but you know a lot of my posts get deleted by TFloss for no reason. I have DM'd screen shots of deleted posts in the past. 

And, the moderator shouldnt instigate conflict knowing he can just delete what the other person says... and that does happen.  I hadnt posted in a while and then THIS post (1 Dec 22) from TFloss comes out of nowhere.  What was the point of this post?  someone with editing rights being confrontational and contentious? 

 

And you can only get there by ignoring what others say, those who have been through the whole thing.

TFloss was incredibly tolerant. We were practically begging for action to be taken. But he held his ground until a decision above him was made.

For you to think that somehow we're all against freedom of speech and open and fair forums says only one thing – HOLIER THAN THOU. We believe and expect all those things. If they didn't exist, we wouldn't be here. You fail to consider any of that and just diss us all.

JD was a huge problem. He was killing the quality of this board. He made himself a ongoing distraction and then declared with his own words on this very board that his personal mission on this board was to get Sark fired.

You and TFloss obviously have some sort of history from another board. But that is another board and really has no place here. I've seen nothing wrong with your posts to this point, just continue with that practice and you shouldn't have a problem here.

If you get singled out without cause, we'll see it and raise a stink.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

And I will throw this out there for the sake of transparency and/or for those who don't understand how this works.

Aaron contacted me recently because he logged on the board for the first time in a while, and he immediately noticed Johnny.

The call was made then and there because he doesn't want problem children affecting his product, especially after they have been personally warned multiple times.

It's an extremely simple concept used by businesses everywhere, and freedom of speech or whatever you think it is doesn't apply to an internet message board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

 

I can see why you're upset a lot if you consider my joke a "confrontation" or "pettiness", as if you don't expect me to say a word after the bizarre things you've said to me behind the scenes.

I am not upset; there's no reason to be upset. NOTHING I have said "behind the scenes" is "bizarre." You are only saying that for other's consumption. I have DM's screen shots of legitimate posts you deleted for no other reason except for spite - that is not bizarre; that's being up front and honest.

I dont post obscene, vulgar or purposefully confrontational posts. cursing is not even part of my language. If someone wants to get confrontational, I generally dont even respond - it's not that important. Before posting on HornsSports this morning, I had already posted on the USC, Ohio St, Sooner, WV boards, and several twitter responses. In 20 yrs on these sites, I have NEVER been moderated, except for the Nebbie site and I didnt even post there LOL, banned for TRUE comments on the Ohio St site LOL... talk about thinned skinned. Nonetheless, people like you take this stuff WAY too personally and make it unnecessarily confrontational. 

I'm the one that tried to keep it behind the scenes. YOU are the one brought this to the forefront with your ridiculous post on 1 December. 

The idea that you think this is a "public forum" and a private owner can't do whatever he wants on his website is hilarious, but maybe you're a brilliant troll and acting as dumb as possible for fun.

AGAIN, you are implying something I did NOT say, which is your defense mechanism. As I stated, this is a public forum with private ownership - that's ALL I said. You are being dishonest saying that I dont think a private owner can do whatever he wants on his website; of course he can and I never said otherwise. Dont be dishonest and twist things that were not said. I also agreed with whomever said that this is not a "free speech issue" because it's not. 

I'll tell you what...despite you being unable to provide any real examples of who has been treated unfairly or why you've been mad for three years, you can hang out and I won't delete your posts as long you be normal like everyone else.

AGAIN, you are implying something that is not true but that's normal for you. I post "normal" and you are implying I dont, which is dishonest - again. YOU or anyone else will not find ONE post where I post anything vulgar, attacking or accusatory. I dont do that; you do and you do it with moderating privileges. 

If I see you taking random shots at others or myself, you send another crazy DM about moderation or if I receive complaints about you (which I have and still let you stay), then that's it and you can find another board which suits your behavioral and moderator standards.

And, AGAIN... your words imply something that is simply not true. I dont take shots at others and you wont find an example of me doing so. As for you, I tried to keep this behind the scenes but your pettiness wouldnt let it stay there. I have screen schots of what you have done. All you have are dishonest words to make yourself look better than you practice. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I will take it a step further since y'all are my boys (and girls).

A certain poster once accused me of deleting opinions I didn't like after he fired off a conservative political take in the middle of a football recruiting thread.

I'll let you guess how that worked out for him with the other posters.

I then get a DM saying the posts were deleted because I only supported liberal opinions and the others must be stopped for making fun of him.

The posts were deleted because it wasn't a political thread. Quite simple.

I'm 38 and haven't voted blue a single a time in my life, but that sums up the lunacy of what I was dealing with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

 

And you can only get there by ignoring what others say, those who have been through the whole thing.

TFloss was incredibly tolerant. We were practically begging for action to be taken. But he held his ground until a decision above him was made.

For you to think that somehow we're all against freedom of speech and open and fair forums says only one thing – HOLIER THAN THOU. We believe and expect all those things. If they didn't exist, we wouldn't be here. You fail to consider any of that and just diss us all.

JD was a huge problem. He was killing the quality of this board. He made himself a ongoing distraction and then declared with his own words on this very board that his personal mission on this board was to get Sark fired.

You and TFloss obviously have some sort of history from another board. But that is another board and really has no place here. I've seen nothing wrong with your posts to this point, just continue with that practice and you shouldn't have a problem here.

If you get singled out without cause, we'll see it and raise a stink.

why would you say that I think "we're all against freedom of speech." I've NEVER said that on any forum for more than 20yrs, even going back to the '90s on sports bulletin boards.  That would be going against my fundamental conservative beliefs.  

You know and have seen screen shots of deleted posts by TFloss that I have posted "behind the scenes" for almost a year and for him to misrepresent that on open forum HAS to be responded to.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
9 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I can see why you're upset a lot if you consider my joke a "confrontation" or "pettiness", as if you don't expect me to say a word after the bizarre things you've said to me behind the scenes.

I am not upset; there's no reason to be upset. NOTHING I have said "behind the scenes" is "bizarre." You are only saying that for other's consumption. I have DM's screen shots of legitimate posts you deleted for no other reason except for spite - that is not bizarre; that's being up front and honest.

I dont post obscene, vulgar or purposefully confrontational posts. cursing is not even part of my language. If someone wants to get confrontational, I generally dont even respond - it's not that important. Before posting on HornsSports this morning, I had already posted on the USC, Ohio St, Sooner, WV boards, and several twitter responses. In 20 yrs on these sites, I have NEVER been moderated, except for the Nebbie site and I didnt even post there LOL, banned for TRUE comments on the Ohio St site LOL... talk about thinned skinned. Nonetheless, people like you take this stuff WAY too personally and make it unnecessarily confrontational. 

I'm the one that tried to keep it behind the scenes. YOU are the one brought this to the forefront with your ridiculous post on 1 December. 

The idea that you think this is a "public forum" and a private owner can't do whatever he wants on his website is hilarious, but maybe you're a brilliant troll and acting as dumb as possible for fun.

AGAIN, you are implying something I did NOT say, which is your defense mechanism. As I stated, this is a public forum with private ownership - that's ALL I said. You are being dishonest saying that I dont think a private owner can do whatever he wants on his website; of course he can and I never said otherwise. Dont be dishonest and twist things that were not said. I also agreed with whomever said that this is not a "free speech issue" because it's not. 

I'll tell you what...despite you being unable to provide any real examples of who has been treated unfairly or why you've been mad for three years, you can hang out and I won't delete your posts as long you be normal like everyone else.

AGAIN, you are implying something that is not true but that's normal for you. I post "normal" and you are implying I dont, which is dishonest - again. YOU or anyone else will not find ONE post where I post anything vulgar, attacking or accusatory. I dont do that; you do and you do it with moderating privileges. 

If I see you taking random shots at others or myself, you send another crazy DM about moderation or if I receive complaints about you (which I have and still let you stay), then that's it and you can find another board which suits your behavioral and moderator standards.

And, AGAIN... your words imply something that is simply not true. I dont take shots at others and you wont find an example of me doing so. As for you, I tried to keep this behind the scenes but your pettiness wouldnt let it stay there. I have screen schots of what you have done. All you have are dishonest words to make yourself look better than you practice. 

 

I would send these screesnshots to Aaron since he's my boss, and since this is super important to you.

That's my recommendation as I obviously can't do anything to satisfy you, even after extending an invitation to stay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

why would you say that I think "we're all against freedom of speech." I've NEVER said that on any forum for more than 20yrs, even going back to the '90s on sports bulletin boards.  That would be going against my fundamental conservative beliefs.  

You know and have seen screen shots of deleted posts by TFloss that I have posted "behind the scenes" for almost a year and for him to misrepresent that on open forum HAS to be responded to.  

 

1. You criticized the decision to ban JD.

2. You then contended that it was anti-free speech and whatnot.

3. You repeated item #2 even after learning that almost all of the board agreed with the decision. In fact, it appeared you just dug yourself in at that point.

4. Like it or not, thats a reflection of the rest of us. As if you're the only one who can recognize this issue (if it were actually occurring) and we were just fans of the decision to ban because apparently we didn't respect freedom of speech. You can play the "I didn't say that" if you like, but you and I know both know the implication was made. More than once. So to act like it didn't happen it a bit insulting, if you ask me.

Apparently you went political on a football thread and had a post deleted. Just don't do that. I'm probably as conservative as you are and I somehow manage to keep away from the political stuff (though it is sometimes mighty tempting).

I would suggest that you two just try to get a long. I'm sure he'll leave you alone as long as you are posting your normal stuff. I would encourage you to stick around because your posts are well thought out and we tend to like that around here.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

1. You criticized the decision to ban JD.

2. You then contended that it was anti-free speech and whatnot.

3. You repeated item #2 even after learning that almost all of the board agreed with the decision. In fact, it appeared you just dug yourself in at that point.

4. Like it or not, thats a reflection of the rest of us. As if you're the only one who can recognize this issue (if it were actually occurring) and we were just fans of the decision to ban because apparently we didn't respect freedom of speech. You can play the "I didn't say that" if you like, but you and I know both know the implication was made. More than once. So to act like it didn't happen it a bit insulting, if you ask me.

Apparently you went political on a football thread and had a post deleted. Just don't do that. I'm probably as conservative as you are and I somehow manage to keep away from the political stuff (though it is sometimes mighty tempting).

I would suggest that you two just try to get a long. I'm sure he'll leave you alone as long as you are posting your normal stuff. I would encourage you to stick around because your posts are well thought out and we tend to like that around here.

 

1. I disagree in principle.  I agreed with DMAC and further stated "I have NEVER been a fan of banning people because their opinion doesnt agree with mine.  You'd think that on a free open forum fans from different schools would be allowed to post different perspectives."   and, I dont retract any of that.

2, 3.  I NEVER said that, much less repeat it.  Dont just repeat misrepresentations that TFloss so easily throws out. 

Going political? Again, you are taking what TFloss says as fact when I have shown how easily he misrepresents things. 

I havent posted anything other than normal. HE has been the one attacking (through dishonest moderating) since he was given moderating rights here.  I've been a member here since 2013 and I bet most people here didnt even know or cared about my postings until now.  

Last post of the day. I'm past due on the job site. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
Just now, Baron said:

On a lighter note. Has Hornsports done something new with advertising or has Google chrome doubled down on their ads? I'm getting full page ads.

And yes I know it's off topic.

Good question as I'm getting those as well.

I know Aaron is working on some software bugs and updates, so I will mention it to him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

It's Festivus a week early, man.

The annual airing of grievances except I've yet to figure out what we're mad about.

I think I'm a dishonest, liberal heathen who needs to be fired...?!

Festivus: I got a lot of problems with you people GIF – Seinfeld Memes

For what it's worth, I think you're doing a great job as Mod. I too was at Spurstalk prior to coming here and was really glad to see you come over. I posted at Spurtalk sparingly and under a different handle. I remember soldierhorn also and don't remember ever having a negative experience with him there. Keep up the good work!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
10 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

For what it's worth, I think you're doing a great job as Mod. I too was at Spurstalk prior to coming here and was really glad to see you come over. I posted at Spurtalk sparingly and under a different handle. I remember soldierhorn also and don't remember ever having a negative experience with him there. Keep up the good work!

Appreciate it.

Thanks for coming over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Soldierhorn said:

1. I disagree in principle.  I agreed with DMAC and further stated "I have NEVER been a fan of banning people because their opinion doesnt agree with mine.  You'd think that on a free open forum fans from different schools would be allowed to post different perspectives."   and, I dont retract any of that.

2, 3.  I NEVER said that, much less repeat it.  Dont just repeat misrepresentations that TFloss so easily throws out. 

Going political? Again, you are taking what TFloss says as fact when I have shown how easily he misrepresents things. 

I havent posted anything other than normal. HE has been the one attacking (through dishonest moderating) since he was given moderating rights here.  I've been a member here since 2013 and I bet most people here didnt even know or cared about my postings until now.  

Last post of the day. I'm past due on the job site. 

lol, I did call my shot here and you didn't disappoint. I said you'd come charging with the "I didn't say that" which at best, would be disingenuous.

I really don't care if you get along or not. I'm bowing out of this spat here and now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...