Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Early Christmas Present from Mods

TFloss32

On 12/11/2022 at 12:55 PM, DMAC said:

Hmm.  I know I am not in the majority here but why would he get the boot just because he doesnt conform to the majority opinion?  Doesnt seem right, forums should be able to express your opinion no matter how unpopular.  Dont we have enough censoring in the social media as it is?  Yea I had him blocked and I never agreed with him but he should be able to say what he wants regarding the program.  Treading a dangerous path here.

I was booted off BON for simply stating Texas should start Foreman over J Gray.  This was before Foreman was a stud.  I was flamed to no end and some mod banned me for that.  I shit you not.  I do take solace knowing I was right, look how it turned out but it doesnt seem right.

I wish i had the email sent said something like "you are now banned enjoy".  NFG but sometimes forums seem to be like echo chambers rather than debates and ideas

agree 100%

I have NEVER been a fan of banning people because their opinion doesnt agree with mine.  You'd think that on a free open forum fans from different schools would be allowed to post different perspectives. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

agree 100%

I have NEVER been a fan of banning people because their opinion doesnt agree with mine.  You'd think that on a free open forum fans from different schools would be allowed to post different perspectives. 

Different perspectives and genuine discussion isn't the same as obvious trolling or whiny messages to moderators.

All fans are welcome here.

In fact, there are a few guys here who post all the time, and they aren't Texas fans if I had to bet on it.

On 12/11/2022 at 8:18 PM, DMAC said:

In all seriousness though

Not one poster here can do any of the following:

1. Make Card the starter.
  2. Get Sark fired.

Let me make this very clear.  I didnt enjoy JDs presence either.  Period.  I have added 2 people to my ignore list in 8 years and he was one of them.  I am not defending him nor his opinions.  I dont think I ever agreed with him and truly thought he was an ag troll.  I am just defending his right to say what he thinks.  Doesnt matter if he is brash.  There is an ignore list to be taken advantage of to suit individual preferences.

Let me take this a step further....

In all the years I was a moderator of the Scout Longhorn site, not once did I ever post a thread CELEBRATING banning anyone - NOT ONCE.  I bent over backwards to NOT ban people.  Trolls are obvious but someone should NEVER be banned just because they have a difference of opinion.  

2 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Different perspectives and genuine discussion isn't the same as obvious trolling or whiny messages to moderators.

All fans are welcome here.

In fact, there are a few guys here who post all the time, and they aren't Texas fans if I had to bet on it.

NO... you have deleted some of my post just because you dont like my opinion. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Soldierhorn said:

In all the years I was a moderator of the Scout Longhorn site, not once did I ever post a thread CELEBRATING banning anyone - NOT ONCE.  I bent over backwards to NOT ban people.  Trolls are obvious but someone should NEVER be banned just because they have a difference of opinion.  

Who has been banned here because of a difference in opinion?

And, yes, we will celebrate a person being banned who has admitted he's here to piss off the board.

• Administrators

NO... you have deleted some of my post just because you dont like my opinion. 

Nope, I deleted your posts because I didn't have the power to outright ban you and hoped you'd get the message.

You followed me over here from SpursTalk, kept sending me whiny DMs and wouldn't stop taking weird shots for no reason.

You obviously still don't understand, after multiple warnings over the years, that is has zero to do with your opinions.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

that shows thin-skinned pettiness 

Who has been banned for their opinions?

Johnny received multiple personal warnings explaining he needed to stop trolling and received his own thread which he wouldn't abide by.

"Petty"...

14 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I think TFloss showed some remarkable patience with he who shall not be named. This went on for months and months.

This was not a matter of free speech or a difference in opinion. This was a matter of behavior.

It is probably easy for you to walk in and question it since you missed almost all of it. Before you judge, you should probably do your due diligence.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I didnt follow you anywhere. I have been a member here much longer than you have. 

And, AGAIN.... on Spurstalk, you moderated and wanted to ban people who disagreed with you. You do that here as well. 

I've banned one person on each site in 12 years of doing this.

You've built up this weird narrative in your mind that I've never had to deal with in that span of time.

Just you.

Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

I think TFloss showed some remarkable patience with he who shall not be named. This went on for months and months.

This was not a matter of free speech or a difference in opinion. This was a matter of behavior.

Middle aged men cant ignore or look past someone they disagree with?  sounds weak and elitist

3 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I didnt follow you anywhere. I have been a member here much longer than you have. 

And, AGAIN.... on Spurstalk, you moderated and wanted to ban people who disagreed with you. You do that here as well. 

Who has been banned because they disagreed with TFLoss? I certainly haven't witnessed it and I've been here almost a decade now.

TFloss rarely expresses his own opinion. Most of what he posts is by someone else and about someone else.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

Dont be dishonest, it was because you didnt have admin rights on Spurstalk.  What you did do, almost daily, was delete opinions which you disagreed.

From one person named playblair, who had already been tagged as a troll on the main forum.

• Administrators

and, there you go... you should ban yourself.  you dont have the mature temperament an administrator should have 

You can't even be truthful with your posts, but I'm immature.

I'm still waiting on who I have unfairly banned.

Soldierhorn, I have nothing against you. I've enjoyed your posts for the most part since you've been here. But the holier than thou approach never sells, particularly when you target the entire board.

Some unsolicited advice from me would be to learn more about what you're speaking to before you run out and tell everyone they have it all wrong. No, you're not advanced in moral conduct beyond us. You're just a JD virgin who was spared the past six months of caca.