• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Early Christmas Present from Mods

TFloss32

14 minutes ago, DMAC said:

K, an example?

We just got rid of it, now you want me to relive it? lol 

DMAC, its like the guy had no concept of how to participate on a message board. He viewed our board as a tool for him to push certain agendas and in pushing the agenda, he would take any and all subjects and turn them into opportunities to bash a player he didn't like. He spent weeks pimping Card, which I have no problem with someone who happens to like Card. But to work it into everything was resulting in digital vomit. He stopped pimping Card once Card stopped playing and began bashing Ewers. He also tried to push firing Sark after 1.5 seasons. Ridiculous, non-serious BS.

Hell I think I agreed with the guy a couple of times. But, a broken clock is right at least twice a day.

14807e78-f2cb-43f3-8d8a-122a3ebbe751_tex

24 minutes ago, DMAC said:

K, an example?

Whether its an opinion or behavior they are both expressed in written form which can be easily ignored via the "ignore user" list.  Opinion is a stance how you convey that opinion is behavior.  But who cares if he rants?  Why does it bother people just ignore the guy.

He made it known that it was his goal to get Steve Sarkisian fired. 

In all seriousness though

Not one poster here can do any of the following:

1. Make Card the starter.
  2. Get Sark fired.

Let me make this very clear.  I didnt enjoy JDs presence either.  Period.  I have added 2 people to my ignore list in 8 years and he was one of them.  I am not defending him nor his opinions.  I dont think I ever agreed with him and truly thought he was an ag troll.  I am just defending his right to say what he thinks.  Doesnt matter if he is brash.  There is an ignore list to be taken advantage of to suit individual preferences.

23 minutes ago, DMAC said:

In all seriousness though

Not one poster here can do any of the following:

1. Make Card the starter.
  2. Get Sark fired.

Let me make this very clear.  I didnt enjoy JDs presence either.  Period.  I have added 2 people to my ignore list in 8 years and he was one of them.  I am not defending him nor his opinions.  I dont think I ever agreed with him and truly thought he was an ag troll.  I am just defending his right to say what he thinks.  Doesnt matter if he is brash.  There is an ignore list to be taken advantage of to suit individual preferences.

Your opinion is duly noted and respected. I'm pretty glad he's gone though.

Free speech isn't across the board. For example, you cannot run into a theater and scream "FIRE!" and not pay a consequence. Same thing working here. It wasn't like no one ever brought it to his attention. People here tried to get along, just like they always do.

37 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Your opinion is duly noted and respected. I'm pretty glad he's gone though.

Free speech isn't across the board. For example, you cannot run into a theater and scream "FIRE!" and not pay a consequence. Same thing working here. It wasn't like no one ever brought it to his attention. People here tried to get along, just like they always do.

Ok yea this is getting ridiculous.  I do not agree with at all.  Screaming fire in a theater can cause immediate harm to people that is no where here.  If words or abrasive behavior on a public forum is causing people harm then they should reevaluate why they are here.  This is such a dumb topic to have to discuss.  It reminds of stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.  I mean common man.  Ya know I respect you but this is different and you know it bud.

7 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

At a certain point, there becomes enough evidence to determine what's happening isn't an attempt at logical debate or new ideas.

This. ⬆️

What most people don't understand or don't want to follow, especially on public forums and being a keyboard warriors, is understanding the difference between an argument and a debate. 

An argument is determining WHO is RIGHT and WHO is WRONG; whereas, a debate is trying to determine WHAT is RIGHT. In this case it was neither. It was a case of a person on a mission to go out of his way to disrespect this board and its members. Yes, one has a right to free speech, but remember free speech isnt free. It includes consequences of what was said. Don't believe me. Try telling a Bandido or Hell's Angel he is a pretty boy or sissy. It's free speech, but your medical bill won't be...assuming you are still alive.

1 hour ago, DMAC said:

Ok yea this is getting ridiculous.  I do not agree with at all.  Screaming fire in a theater can cause immediate harm to people that is no where here.  If words or abrasive behavior on a public forum is causing people harm then they should reevaluate why they are here.  This is such a dumb topic to have to discuss.  It reminds of stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.  I mean common man.  Ya know I respect you but this is different and you know it bud.

I really admire your position DMAC simply because it requires that you to have missed everything the rest of the board has had to endure. You know me better.

That is not the same. 

How many people know the Bill of Rights here? 

Freedom of speech is restricted by ONE component as SHA has already stated.  When free speech can cause harm to others. 

Consequences for IRL smack talk sure but if you hate keyboard warriors then I hate to break it to but you do realize you are on an online internet forum board?

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I really admire your position DMAC simply because it requires that you to have missed everything the rest of the board has had to endure. You know me better.

I know man.  I did miss it because I ignored the guy long ago.  If only we all had then he would have left on his own accord long ago

2 minutes ago, DMAC said:

I know man.  I did miss it because I ignored the guy long ago.  If only we all had then he would have left on his own accord long ago

I had him on ignore myself. But you still see his posts when others would quote him.

Some people here didn't feel about him as strongly as others, which is fine, but obviously it circulated his posts.

I think @North Texas Golfer is a good barometer for the board. He's a nerd and more tolerant than I and has a nice niche on this board. Even he was sick of it.

I'm as conservative as they come and don't take freedom of speech lightly. But this wasn't a matter of freedom of speech. It was his freedom to harass and grind.

Glad you've been coming around again. We've missed you.

Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

I had him on ignore myself. But you still see his posts when others would quote him.

Yea i have to admit i wish the ignore removed quotes when people would reply him.  I just passed over those. 

I been very busy and this my busy season but I am pretty stoked about the direction of the program.  I truly believe Sark is a good fit and things will get better.  Least I hope so but we look good on defense and Ewers will have more experience next year.  Its looking good so far

Bottom line is that he was a guest here, as are all of us. He didn't live up to the standards and was rightfully booted.

DMAC and SHA, great discussion. Something that was nearly impossible with jd around. We can debate his departure, but the board is far better without him. He knew what he was doing and his time finally ran out.

I am glad his ass is gone too. Why should the rest of us have to put up with an Aggie troll ? I come here for information and to talk about the horns. I am convinced he did not want the horns to succeed.

I have enjoyed Tfloss’s work for a long time. We participated on another board before this. I think, not sure, that this is the first guy he has ever banned.

You have to protect yourselves, some conduct is over the line and should not be permitted. 

13 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

DMAC, its like the guy had no concept of how to participate on a message board. He viewed our board as a tool for him to push certain agendas and in pushing the agenda, he would take any and all subjects and turn them into opportunities to bash a player he didn't like. He spent weeks pimping Card, which I have no problem with someone who happens to like Card. But to work it into everything was resulting in digital vomit. He stopped pimping Card once Card stopped playing and began bashing Ewers. He also tried to push firing Sark after 1.5 seasons. Ridiculous, non-serious BS.

Hell I think I agreed with the guy a couple of times. But, a broken clock is right at least twice a day.

He was pushing Sark getting fired last year when Sark benched Card.

Here is a direct quote (I blocked him after seeing this) from our departed aggy so please excuse the language:  People talk shit about Card taking sacks, at least he knows how to do it without dying."

The above was stated after the Bama game and in my opinion way over the line. This is very similar to aggy calling Colt "Cart McCry". He made some others very nasty remarks about Ewers that people quoted so I saw them. 

I for applaud the mods, actually it was Aaron, for banning him. I only wish he'd done it sooner.

14 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You too,with the broken clock.😁

We will have to agree to disagree on this topic boys.  Im slammed today with work but I did want to quickly chime in.

It is a public forum.  Anyone can sign up and post on this board.  It does not matter whether there are ads or moderators.  The law is very clear.  If you censor speech you are a publisher not an unmoderated bulletin board.  Therefore you can subject to civil discourse.  If the speech causes physical harm that is the one exception, which is not the case here.

Regardless I do not envy TFloss or Aaron for the tough decisions they have to make.  Most of us get along quite well.  Every now and then we get a troll like JD and its probably a headache for the admins.  I totally get it but for me this issue is about free speech.  Once people are ok with censoring or banning then Karma can come back to bite you, it might be you on Twitter saying something other define as harassment and get you booted.  It happens all the time. 

This isnt a safe space its the internet. 

I wont change my mind but it was a good discussion.  I see everyone's point and I know its difficult but once we start making exceptions then free speech becomes conditional.  For example Hate speech.  There is no such thing as hate speech.  Hate is a modifier and is subjective to everyone.  Who defines that?  If I say I hate broccoli is that deemed hate speech to vegans?  You get the point.

Speech is speech and if people dont like it then ignore.  The majority will usually win but its on us to ignore dumbass trolls like JD.

Good debate fellas g2g back to work.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DMAC said:

BTW @TFloss32  Dont take this as me calling you out.  You do a great job here and I appreciate all the info you provide.  I know your job is tough.  Nothing personal

Not at all, but trust that this wasn't a matter of "I don't like your opinions, so you're banned."

It's been literally months in the making, and one person's behavior isn't above the health of the board.