Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****Game Thread: Baylor Bears @ Texas Longhorns*****


HornSports Staff
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Absolutely. After 2 turnovers gifted points to Baylor for no reason since the running game was already working, he never passed again. Great adjustments. Finally after 2 years. 

Why do you hate yourself? You couldn't be happy if we spotted you the H, both Ps and the Y.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Why do you hate yourself? You couldn't be happy if we spotted you the H, both Ps and the Y.

 

Because he's an aggy. They're on their way to 4-8. Nothing to be happy about. He's just stirring up crap he doesn't even believe. It doesn't matter how well Texas does, he'll find something to pick apart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are 8-4 with an outside chance to go to the big 12 championship.  Let’s go KU!

I thought about being critical about some things but I’m going to enjoy this.   We ran the damn ball the last two games and rode our stud RBs.  This should’ve been the game plan all season but for many reasons wasn’t.   This line can run block much better than pass block.  
 

This was progress from last year yet we left so much to desire and could’ve won a few more games in a down year for the Big 12 overall.

We played as good as a top 5 team in many games but also played like a bottom half of the big 12 team many times too.

 

The future is bright.  It’s bright at every position from what I can see.  There will be some holes to fix but we have much better talent and are utilizing them in ways we haven’t since 2009.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 82Horn said:

Careful factual statements aren’t always well received. Especially when it doesn’t fit some posters narratives. Haha

What is happening here?  I swear some of you have a fetish on being sunshine pumpers.  Jesus are we not allowed to fkn state the obvious when poor play is involved.  Because I guarantee most of you got pissed about the safety on Ewers intentional grounding but since we won we are supposed ignore the rather poor play from Ewers for the previous 3 games.   Yes he’s young and inexperienced and right in line with other young great quarterbacks like VY and Colt but spare me homer shit.  Some of you act like it’s all good even though some wanted to bench just 3 weeks ago.  Just stay factual.  
 

He had a good game stat wise but he made some shit decisions and his mobility is horrible.  Will he improve yes I am sure but he went down from the middle of the season until the end.  Even his own body language points to him showing frustration in his play. I’m just calling it what it is.  No one here is pulling more for Ewers than me but he hasn’t been lights out and people should be able to point that out without the homer flames you guys throw out.  It’s just stupid.  Lemme guess because one certain poster likes Card over Ewers we are all supposed to only talk praises about Ewers?  Laughable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s a forum and we all have different opinions. 
 

Sark has done a good job.  We improved record wise and players are being developed.    Quinn will as well but he started hot and went downhill.  That’s not improvement this year but he’s inexperienced.  Not a knock on him just facts.  Some of wanted to lynch PK just a few games but now he’s all praise.  Hopefully next year with an experienced OL we will be even better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DMAC said:

What is happening here?  I swear some of you have a fetish on being sunshine pumpers.  Jesus are we not allowed to fkn state the obvious when poor play is involved.  Because I guarantee most of you got pissed about the safety on Ewers intentional grounding but since we won we are supposed ignore the rather poor play from Ewers for the previous 3 games.   Yes he’s young and inexperienced and right in line with other young great quarterbacks like VY and Colt but spare me homer shit.  Some of you act like it’s all good even though some wanted to bench just 3 weeks ago.  Just stay factual.  
 

He had a good game stat wise but he made some shit decisions and his mobility is horrible.  Will he improve yes I am sure but he went down from the middle of the season until the end.  Even his own body language points to him showing frustration in his play. I’m just calling it what it is.  No one here is pulling more for Ewers than me but he hasn’t been lights out and people should be able to point that out without the homer flames you guys throw out.  It’s just stupid.  Lemme guess because one certain poster likes Card over Ewers we are all supposed to only talk praises about Ewers?  Laughable

Read thru any game thread, this isn’t about one poster. There are fans that go way negative immediately. Down 9~0 early in first quarter. Well we bash everything from QB and our coach. I am trying to be the other side of the equation. Did Ewers make good decisions? Well not always, however he is basically a freshman who didn’t play any meaningful football in 2 years. Game is faster, and he is learning on the fly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll jump in on this, QE was young this year and had a lot to learn. While he is a R-FR, this was his first live action in 2 years.  There was a lot to learn from setting protection, reading the defense and adjusting to it, having to read through his progressions and learning that he can't just rely on arm talent 

I believe there will be a switch that happens (maybe it did) where the game will slow down for him.  Bottom line is Sark knows QBs more so than any of us and he sees it in Quinn and will make sure all of those adjustments are made in the off-season. Remember, there was 0 film for Quinn to learn from.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, texbound said:

I'll jump in on this, QE was young this year and had a lot to learn. While he is a R-FR, this was his first live action in 2 years.  There was a lot to learn from setting protection, reading the defense and adjusting to it, having to read through his progressions and learning that he can't just rely on arm talent 

I believe there will be a switch that happens (maybe it did) where the game will slow down for him.  Bottom line is Sark knows QBs more so than any of us and he sees it in Quinn and will make sure all of those adjustments are made in the off-season. Remember, there was 0 film for Quinn to learn from.  

Are you sure about that statement? Have you not read the posts of the all-knowings of this board?  😏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 82Horn said:

Read thru any game thread, this isn’t about one poster. There are fans that go way negative immediately. Down 9~0 early in first quarter. Well we bash everything from QB and our coach. I am trying to be the other side of the equation. Did Ewers make good decisions? Well not always, however he is basically a freshman who didn’t play any meaningful football in 2 years. Game is faster, and he is learning on the fly. 

Well Done Good Job GIF by Robert E Blackmon

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Any objective observer realizes Quinn wasn’t ready to start this year. He has to make a big leap to be an average P5 QB. 
 The team was capable of more, the coach and QB weren’t. 
 

Agreed! That was my argument for Hudson Card from the beginning- too much expectations on a young freshman too early, but don’t doubt QE can and will become a much better QB next year 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Any objective observer realizes Quinn wasn’t ready to start this year. He has to make a big leap to be an average P5 QB. 
 The team was capable of more, the coach and QB weren’t. 
 

An objective observer probably saw Quinn's first few games and saw decent to very good quarterback play and someone with arm talent that can't be found just anywhere.  Then he played poorly the next few games.  You make it seem like he played like absolute trash all year, but he's had some good games which would lead one to believe he might snap out of his skid of bad games.  But of course you omit his good games in all your arguments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BruiseLee said:

An objective observer probably saw Quinn's first few games and saw decent to very good quarterback play and someone with arm talent that can't be found just anywhere.  Then he played poorly the next few games.  You make it seem like he played like absolute trash all year, but he's had some good games which would lead one to believe he might snap out of his skid of bad games.  But of course you omit his good games in all your arguments.

Actually he was dogging Ewers for not throwing over 300 yards against ou. He's obsessed and consistent. "Ewers bad, Sark bad, Card God", SOS every post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 82Horn said:

Why he got to play the fiddler ? I am excited to see his growth from year 1 to year 2.  I am sorry I don’t see your and Johnny Deep’s point.  QE growth is key for next years team, and I am excited to see it. 

Why be so defensive of a simple statement Ewers is a Red shirt freshman.

It his fault he took the money and sat out his freshman year. He is paying for it now by not having that experence.

Glad yousee his growth I see regresion from Ala. game.

As for as QBS I could care less who playes just so it gives best chance to win. 

Saw two good ones last nite Fla. ve F. St .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...