Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****Game Thread: Baylor Bears @ Texas Longhorns*****

HornSports Staff

Just saw the score and am up to speed.  Obviously can see why QB completion reopens next season per Sark.  Talent cannot overcome laziness when it comes to working on mechanics.  Hope Quinn can figure it out and understand that he has to become the leader on offense and work harder than everyone else to be QB 1.  

11 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

I hope Ewers improves and finds success.  But the errant pass to a wide open Sanders cost us a TD.  The safety cost us…. 2.  And the fumble cost us 8.  This was NOT a good game.  I simply disagree.  

Have you noticed we don’t even attempt deep passes any longer?  Not what we need to run Satk’s offense.  Sark is hamstrung by bad QB play…. 2 years in a row now.  

That errant pass went right through both hands. That was on Sanders.

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

That errant pass went right through both hands. That was on Sanders.

It was a little high, but Sanders catches that ball 9 out of 10 times. 
The safety was on Ewers. Bad mistake. But he came back and played good. So he has the mental toughness. 
Oline breakdown in pass protection hurt. 
Oline is young too. They can run block now for sure. When they get the stunts and blitzes blocked, this team will be really good. 
It’s coming…

Texas fans (me) need to have more patience but I think the last 12 years of mishaps have worn thin on our patience. I just want to see improvement and we have seen improvement since Sark has been there. With the way he is recruiting we should continue to see improvement. We’re going to need it to compete in the SEC. Just like everyone was ready to get rid of PK but he has made our defense alot better. Still have to keep getting better but we’re recruiting better players so we should be up from here. 

5 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Texas fans (me) need to have more patience but I think the last 12 years of mishaps have worn thin on our patience. I just want to see improvement and we have seen improvement since Sark has been there. With the way he is recruiting we should continue to see improvement. We’re going to need it to compete in the SEC. Just like everyone was ready to get rid of PK but he has made our defense alot better. Still have to keep getting better but we’re recruiting better players so we should be up from here. 

Yes. Good words! ✅

12 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

I’ll go part way with you…. That needs to be a better pass.  

Definitely needs to be a better pass just like the low pass to Sanders early in the TCU game. Both could have changed the dynamics of the game. Young QBs have a tendance to guide the ball on plays like those. Hopefully Quinn will improve in several areas and Sanders will continue his development. If so, it bodes well for the Horns going forward.

2 minutes ago, TXFF said:

Going 8-4 with a freshman QB and LT as well as youngsters elsewhere is a solid regular season. QE's season was as good or better than other freshmen QBs we've had including Vince and Colt and those guys turned out pretty good.

Careful factual statements aren’t always well received. Especially when it doesn’t fit some posters narratives. Haha

This thing is moving in the right direction. Sark is going to get it done.  He’s not perfect, but I am well pleased with the state of the program.

QB play must improve next year.  Whoever it is - it just has to be better for us to go where Longhorn nation wants to go.  But at this time last year, I would have put these in the “must get better” category: 

WR, OL, TE, Edge, DL, LB, CB, S, defensive coordinator, and yes…. QB.  

25 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

So “We Back”? or is the streak of average play now at 13 years? 

Season isn’t over yet…

Nobody is saying we back. There has been noticeable progress in building for the future, and we don’t lose a ton. I think 10 wins next year is a reasonable assumption, and if Bijan comes back could have a higher ceiling. Realistically I think when offensive line and line hit Junior years we will seriously contend for a title. As early as 2024 we could be really salty with quality depth up and down the roster. List of positions that showed improvement from 21 to 22 is long. I think Receiver and QB have some growth and development to come. DB as well. RB, DL, LB, and OL have been the strength of this team. And both sides of the line have some major growth coming as well. Certainly cause for optimism.

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

This thing is moving in the right direction. Sark is going to get it done.  He’s not perfect, but I am well pleased with the state of the program.

QB play must improve next year.  Whoever it is - it just has to be better for us to go where Longhorn nation wants to go.  But at this time last year, I would have put these in the “must get better” category: 

WR, OL, TE, Edge, DL, LB, CB, S, defensive coordinator, and yes…. QB.  

Always good to enter the season comfortable with the kickers.lol

Gotta love how all those folks (you know who they are) crapped all over Sark about not being able to adjust after halftime aren't giving him any credit for the adjustments in this game.

As talented as DJ Campbell is, he played poorly at first, but did get better as the game wore on.  Some of yall need to chill out and realize it's a process with all these young players and we will get better as time goes on and they get more experience.....

9 minutes ago, BruiseLee said:

Gotta love how all those folks (you know who they are) crapped all over Sark about not being able to adjust after halftime aren't giving him any credit for the adjustments in this game.

As talented as DJ Campbell is, he played poorly at first, but did get better as the game wore on.  Some of yall need to chill out and realize it's a process with all these young players and we will get better as time goes on and they get more experience.....

Absolutely. After 2 turnovers gifted points to Baylor for no reason since the running game was already working, he never passed again. Great adjustments. Finally after 2 years. 

16 minutes ago, BruiseLee said:

The difference for Campbell was that we stopped running passing plays. He's great at run blocking and not so great at pass blocking.