Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Portal Recruiting (Re-Opens April 15th)

TFloss32

2 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

It's been two days since AM committed. How come no one has sent me my $9.95???

I'm going to go ahead and say it here.  While I'm stoked that AM is with Texas now, but there had to have been some sort of tampering with this one.  Like Addison with USC.

I'm not saying I dislike it because Texas is just playing the game with others.  However, I will not bitch and moan when the rumors fly about Worthy and Barron again about tampering.

13 minutes ago, texbound said:

I'm going to go ahead and say it here.  While I'm stoked that AM is with Texas now, but there had to have been some sort of tampering with this one.  Like Addison with USC.

I'm not saying I dislike it because Texas is just playing the game with others.  However, I will not bitch and moan when the rumors fly about Worthy and Barron again about tampering.

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

lol

1 hour ago, Billybass said:

Yep AM is a great pickup. I am stoked for next year. 
We got plenty of badass receivers, should be improved Oline, QE will have more experience, Baxter coming in to beef up RB’s.

There will be pressure on Sark to produce. It will be his third year. We will still have to deal with the shitty refs, but really there is no excuse not to win the Big 12 and contend for the playoffs.

It’s time for Sark and team to win 10+ games.

11 hours ago, TXFF said:

Love how Sark is using the portal...immediate impact players only need apply. The portal doesn't offer many of those guys, but Sark knows what to do when they become available.

Replace your departures via the portal with high school recruits, the value is about the same and the upside is better. Sark is using the portal exactly as you should when you have talent on the roster.

1 hour ago, texbound said:

Sadly, I think you are right.

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Replace your departures via the portal with high school recruits, the value is about the same and the upside is better. Sark is using the portal exactly as you should when you have talent on the roster.

agree....and, we are likely to see some receivers enter the portal after May evaluations. 

I havent said this in a long, LONG time but, IMO, Texas is doing an excellent job recruiting and then filling depth chart needs with transfers.

After the 2023 class signed, identified needs have been addressed. Whether they go after DE/DL might depend on overall numbers. by my count they may have to encourage a couple of schollie players to explore options.

WR (1) - 4*/92 Adonai Mitchell (Georgia)
DE (1) - *SDE is a significant need*
DT (1) - *Could use additional upperclassman*
CB (1) - 4*/91 Gavin Holmes (Wake Forest)
S (1) - 4*/90 Jalen Catalon (Arkansas)
P (1) - 3*/84 Ryan Sanborn (Stanford)

2 hours ago, texbound said:

Noticed this on several posts here, Adonai Mitchell goes by AD, so let's use that abbreviation instead of AM. Especially since the letters A and M next to one another should makes us all feel about queasy. 

5 hours ago, Billybass said:

Yep AM is a great pickup. I am stoked for next year. 
We got plenty of badass receivers, should be improved Oline, QE will have more experience, Baxter coming in to beef up RB’s.

There will be pressure on Sark to produce. It will be his third year. We will still have to deal with the shitty refs, but really there is no excuse not to win the Big 12 and contend for the playoffs.

You have to strain to see a weakness on 2023 Texas.   I honestly think the biggest question mark is at QB.  

4 hours ago, texbound said:

Texas was contacted by him, not the other way around. Big difference.

14 minutes ago, Billybass said:

The Oline, QB, receivers all maturing at the same time. 
You may be right about QE being biggest question mark. But I like what I see.

really soon, this team is going to be damn good

Proof will be in pudding, we should won 10 this year actually I think 11. Agree or disagree, you can lay at least 2 L's at QE,maybe Sark & QE can share 1