Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Portal Recruiting (Re-Opens April 15th)

TFloss32

9 hours ago, texbound said:

Not sure if you're just making a joke, but Hudson committed to Purdue.

Feel like it is more about JD than Card. Hard to criticize a  QB that had 109 QBR in 2022

5 minutes ago, texbound said:

That's what I was thinking.  I miss JD.  Better yet, I miss having JD on ignore and seeing other people argue with a ghost.

You may like his views  * they may have been slanted  but he give balance to all who looked at Horns situation  with orange colored glasses.

3 hours ago, Brad Usrey said:

You may like his views  * they may have been slanted  but he give balance to all who looked at Horns situation  with orange colored glasses.

Agreed.  Forums are about different opinions.

Has he officially left Hornsports?

13 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

Portaled to Purdue Global.😉

Probably so.

JD was accused of being an aggie, etc… I actually think he is related to Hudson Card.  We were debating who would be the starting QB during Spring training, and I presented my family theory to him - he did not deny.  Anyhow, that explains the fierce loyalty to HC… just a theory.

I guess I’m less hard on JD than most, because I came to agree with him during last year - that Hudson should be reinstated as starter.  Not pulling Quinn, I believe, very likely cost us two W’s.

Water under the bridge.   I wish Card the best at Purdue, and I look forward to much improvement by QE after another offseason of work.   The Alamo Bowl was a big step in this direction.   

2 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Probably so.

JD was accused of being an aggie, etc… I actually think he is related to Hudson Card.  We were debating who would be the starting QB during Spring training, and I presented my family theory to him - he did not deny.  Anyhow, that explains the fierce loyalty to HC… just a theory.

I guess I’m less hard on JD than most, because I came to agree with him during last year - that Hudson should be reinstated as starter.  Not pulling Quinn, I believe, very likely cost us two W’s.

Water under the bridge.   I wish Card the best at Purdue, and I look forward to much improvement by QE after another offseason of work.   The Alamo Bowl was a big step in this direction.   

You may be right on JD.

As far as the HC and QE debate, I absolutely think Texas would've won at least 2 more games had Quinn been pulled.  However, I understand what Sark did.  It was never about the 2022 W/L record for the season.  It was about the maturation process.  Card would've still departed and Quinn would still have some major learning to do in 2023. 

By having Quinn experience those humbling moments and having him fight his way through it, I truly believe it will pay off in 2023.  We shall see if QE puts in the hard work.  Like the the great Moe Norman said, "Hard work, can't buy it"

11 minutes ago, texbound said:

You may be right on JD.

As far as the HC and QE debate, I absolutely think Texas would've won at least 2 more games had Quinn been pulled.  However, I understand what Sark did.  It was never about the 2022 W/L record for the season.  It was about the maturation process.  Card would've still departed and Quinn would still have some major learning to do in 2023. 

By having Quinn experience those humbling moments and having him fight his way through it, I truly believe it will pay off in 2023.  We shall see if QE puts in the hard work.  Like the the great Moe Norman said, "Hard work, can't buy it"

Don't know if I've ever seen Moe Norman mentioned before on here. Got to love it! 

6 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Probably so.

👌💯

4 hours ago, texbound said:

You may be right on JD.

I thought coaches were suppose try to win games? Yes he wanted Ewers to go thru humbling but was it for him since he recruited Ewers.  Until Ewers proves otherwise, I think he is spoiled & greedy kid. He left his hs to go school out of State where he would get paid,gota have priorities. 

4 hours ago, texbound said:

You may be right on JD.

I get what you’re saying, and you may be right…. But if you are then I flat out disagree with that philosophy.  A coach owes it to the rest of the players, like the ones battling it out in the trenches for example, to do what he can to win the game.  If he left QE in to further his development, at the expense of beating the team that ended the year at #2, or OSU (a top 10 team when we played them) then I believe that is unconscionable (sports not morality).  In both of those games, we had about 21 players, playing good enough to beat top 10 teams.  

I know this post isn’t about the transfer portal.  Perhaps continuing this conversation is unconscionable?  

5 hours ago, 83Dee said:

I get what you’re saying, and you may be right…. But if you are then I flat out disagree with that philosophy.  A coach owes it to the rest of the players, like the ones battling it out in the trenches for example, to do what he can to win the game.  If he left QE in to further his development, at the expense of beating the team that ended the year at #2, or OSU (a top 10 team when we played them) then I believe that is unconscionable (sports not morality).  In both of those games, we had about 21 players, playing good enough to beat top 10 teams.  

I know this post isn’t about the transfer portal.  Perhaps continuing this conversation is unconscionable?  

To play devil's advocate here, maybe Sark really believed Ewers could turn it around at some point? 

Look at what Trevor Lawrence did this past weekend.  He threw 4 INT's in the first half.  He SHOULD have been benched, but he wasn't and he ended up bringing the team back and won the game.

7 minutes ago, BruiseLee said:

To play devil's advocate here, maybe Sark really believed Ewers could turn it around at some point? 

Look at what Trevor Lawrence did this past weekend.  He threw 4 INT's in the first half.  He SHOULD have been benched, but he wasn't and he ended up bringing the team back and won the game.

Did you watch the OSU game (I know you did)?  Anyone who held out hope that QE was going to turn that thing around…. I question their judgment.

We’re all rooting for QE to take a quantum leap…. He has the tools!   Tha Alamo Bowl game me some hope that this will happen.  

• TFloss32 changed the title to 2023 Portal Recruiting (Re-Opens April 15th)