Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs Baylor

The defense has played well the last couple of weeks. I believe they are understanding their roles and responsibilities better and it's becoming fun for them. I think we'll see them play well again. They do play a soft zone so Baylor will be able to move the ball with short passes, but it will be a bend but not break type of defense. Keep them to field goals and We can put them away before the 4th quarter.

Offensively again if we keep the passes to fewer than 30, we'll be fine. Run, run, run. Sark will throw everything plus the kitchen sink at Baylor to win this one. If Ewers struggles and we are behind, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Card. If we do, Card has to avoid taking sacks and improve on his 3rd down passing completion.

Texas 38

Baylor 23

On 11/21/2022 at 7:01 PM, Hiwood said:

Texas has a game that truly means something, they want another shot at TCU on a neutral field

they take care of business against Baylor at home and Kansas breaks the hearts of everyone and pulls off the upset

huge difference between 7-5 and 8-4

If we make it, we will have backed in.

13 minutes ago, Brad Usrey said:

So if we back in, we should do what? Decline the appearance. 
The system is set up for the two teams that do the most throughout the entirety of the season to play for the championship. If we win and KSU loses, we will be one of those two teams. I for one would be thrilled to get another shot at TCU for the title. If we win, it won’t be like we are claiming an Aggie type banner, we will have won it on the field. If that happens, I’d bet there are more than a few Longhorn fans that won’t care how we got into the game.🤘

2 hours ago, hookemhorb said:

The defense has played well the last couple of weeks. I believe they are understanding their roles and responsibilities better and it's becoming fun for them. I think we'll see them play well again. They do play a soft zone so Baylor will be able to move the ball with short passes, but it will be a bend but not break type of defense. Keep them to field goals and We can put them away before the 4th quarter.

Offensively again if we keep the passes to fewer than 30, we'll be fine. Run, run, run. Sark will throw everything plus the kitchen sink at Baylor to win this one. If Ewers struggles and we are behind, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Card. If we do, Card has to avoid taking sacks and improve on his 3rd down passing completion.

Texas 38

Baylor 23

You're allowed to speak bad about Ewers on this board, but not Card. 😏

1 hour ago, tejasrulz said:

Not true. It will mean we, Texas, won the necessary games to play in the championship while Kansas St didn't.

Also if we would've beat 2nd tier Texas Tech & overated Okie Lite we wouldn't have to depend on Kansas beating KSU.

3 hours ago, Brad Usrey said:

so what , at this point because of our past hiccups we are backing into any bowl game we are invited to, but this Longhorn fan did not enjoy not even being bowl eligible last year, Hey we let some games get out of our grasp but that is now water under the bridge, we can argue about those all you want after Sat

What if UT sneaks in the the BIG12 championship game and happens to win it, how are you gonna keep them out of a NY6 bowl game as a conference champ

30 minutes ago, Brad Usrey said:

Also if we would've beat 2nd tier Texas Tech & overated Okie Lite we wouldn't have to depend on Kansas beating KSU.

And if KSU hadn't lost to us and folded like a cheap suit against TCU, it wouldn't matter. I mean, their offense completely turtled from midway in the 2nd qtr to the end of the game. Only had 82 yards of total offense the rest of the game and blew an 11 point half-time lead. 

Damn, that sounds familiar. 

1 hour ago, Brad Usrey said:

And if Gideon catches an easy int., we play in a 3rd title game under Mack, he is finishes on a high note, gets to ride off into the sunset a hero with Texas still on top and the last decade plus in football purgatory doesn't happen.

IF ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. 

1 hour ago, NEOkHorn said:

And if Gideon catches an easy int., we play in a 3rd title game under Mack, he is finishes on a high note, gets to ride off into the sunset a hero with Texas still on top and the last decade plus in football purgatory doesn't happen.

IF ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. 

And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumped. lol

Run the same Kansas offensive gameplan back. Rain all day will limit the passing game.  Baylor will be stacked in the box like TCU so Quinn will have to make some timely plays in the passing game to keep the chains moving. They don't need a lot of deep shots, just enough to create space for Robinson and Rojo/Brooks.

Low scoring game

Texas 24

Baylor 13

9 hours ago, david ficken said:

Defense plays well yet again.

Think the offense shows like last week only not able to put 55 up. Expect the ST to play better at home this  week.

How much does last week's game affect Baylor and their mindsets. 

Texas - 42

Baylor- 20

Or the last two weeks' games. They're on a two-game losing streak. K-State rolled them the week before TCU.

Aranda sells out against the run, daring Texas to throw the ball downfield.  Texas declines to fall into that trap and counters with a steady diet of running into a brick wall and sideways passes.

Coach Ks unit continues to improve and impress - and keeps Texas in a close defensive struggle.   TEXAS WINS!! 

Texas - 2 

Baylor - 0 

At the beginning of the year, me and all the members in my Longhorn texting group, in an attempt to be realistic after last years abysmal showing,  all agreed that we would be thrilled with 8 regular season wins this season.   8 wins would spell success for Sark - and we’d all be content.

We are 1 win away!  I view this game as very important on many levels.  8-4 just feels a whole lot different than 7-5.