Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Worthy hitting the portal?

jrcruz1026

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Good grief, you kind of went all over the place with one.

I think you might have missed the part of my post where I clearly said, "And no, that doesn't mean that I don't think he won't be good". 

But I also guess that I missed seeing where Isiah Naylor was an all-american 😉

NTG, I'm going to ignore you getting lost in the meaning. All American was the hypothetical player. Neyor doesn't play center. Your geekness is left intact though.

Neyor was all-conference and got some AA noise last year. He's a proven commodity. Unless they change what the forward pass is or he becomes a junkie, that's not going to change. 

5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

NTG, I'm going to ignore you getting lost in the meaning. All American was the hypothetical player. Neyor doesn't play center. Your geekness is left intact though.

Neyor was all-conference and got some AA noise last year. He's a proven commodity. Unless they change what the forward pass is or he becomes a junkie, that's not going to change. 

Oh, that's okay. My wife ignores me from time to time as well 😉

17 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

I have seen a few posters complain about people being hard on HC but they seem to have no problem dumping all over Ewers. Seems they could relate to Doc’s words.

Great post and clip. The hate I've seen directed at Ewers and Sark is nothing like what was said about Card. 

6 hours ago, Brad Usrey said:

True X has had drops but the overthrows outnumber  the drops. You know kids want to go to league,they want play with someone that hit long ball.

Worthy has dropped numerous passes right the hands.  I cant remember one game in which he had his hands on the ball and atleast dropped one pass.  He didnt do that last year.  One in the endzone vs okie lite.  He is struggling and compared to last year he is average now.

Wow, why are we getting so worked up over a rumor.  Is it even credible?  Let's just see how it shakes out before we start casting stones at a player.  Does anyone even know the original source? Same source that said Lane Kiffen was going to Auburn.

"Rumors hitting the mill about Worthy transferring after this season"

That's all it takes?  No link, no source.

13 hours ago, Coot said:

Through 11 games this year Worthy leads the team in receiving yards (614) and receiving touchdowns(9), and is second in number of receptions (46) only to Sanders (47). I think if Worthy left it would be a significant loss.

Meh, let him go.  The December 5th date changes everything for HS recruits as well.  If they want a spot, they may have to take it earlier than the 21st with the portal action in play.

18 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

On transfers is there any one not named Watts who has excelled at Texas.

Or played up to expectations.

I would say that Ewers (from O-hi-0 St) has lived up to expectations at times... but still learning and growing]

I think Agiye Hall (from Alabama) will be a contributor later but hasnt exceeded expectations... yet

Sophomore Tucker-Dorsey (from James Madison) made some plays Saturday. I think he has exceeded expectations. 

3 hours ago, texbound said:

Wow, why are we getting so worked up over a rumor.  Is it even credible?  Let's just see how it shakes out before we start casting stones at a player.  Does anyone even know the original source? Same source that said Lane Kiffen was going to Auburn.

"Rumors hitting the mill about Worthy transferring after this season"

That's all it takes?  No link, no source.

Unfortunately that is all it takes now a days. With social media, things spread like wildfire. I could post something about a Godzilla siting near Houston and people would start evacuating. 

Everyone has to be the first to report something. All for a handful of followers. 🙄

1 minute ago, hookemhorb said:

Unfortunately that is all it takes now a days. With social media, things spread like wildfire. I could post something about a Godzilla siting near Houston and people would start evacuating. 

Everyone has to be the first to report something. All for a handful of followers. 🙄

And...it's always taken as truth by far too many.  I am heading to Houston to check that out, though.