Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Worthy hitting the portal?

I’d expect Riley to try and pry every quality wr he can through the portal. He is losing Addison and there are questions about his ability to develop his own talent. Hope Worthy stays bc I’d expect him to have a monster season next year with the wr room a little deeper.

10 minutes ago, texbound said:

I read something about that, but it was a "what if" pod cast that said if he does then USC would be an option.  The way social media takes things I think it just blew up from there 

So supposedly, there's more to this than a hypothetical situation, I am hearing initial conversations are more than likely already happening with him and the UT of the West

2 minutes ago, jrcruz1026 said:

So supposedly, there's more to this than a hypothetical situation, I am hearing initial conversations are more than likely already happening with him and the UT of the West

Well, it wouldn't surprise me that LR is tampering.  Did the same shit with Addison and Pittsburg.  He is such a slime bag. 

1 minute ago, texbound said:

Well, it wouldn't surprise me that LR is tampering.  Did the same shit with Addison and Pittsburg.  He is such a slime bag. 

Fong said that this is a common occurrence behind the scenes with most transfers before players enter the portal; he says once a player hits the portal officially, they've already determined where they're going to go, so relationships and conversations have already been going on in the background prior

This just doesnt make sense.  As much blame as QE gets for the passing woes Worthy owns a lot of it himself.  He has so many drops this year and has been inconsistent after having stellar season last year.  Hes in a slump so changing teams fixes that?  I doubt it.

3 minutes ago, DMAC said:

This just doesnt make sense.  As much blame as QE gets for the passing woes Worthy owns a lot of it himself.  He has so many drops this year and has been inconsistent after having stellar season last year.  Hes in a slump so changing teams fixes that?  I doubt it.

As correct as you are, it’s almost impossible to convince some kids of that who never think it’s their fault. Should be an interesting off-season. No doubt some will jump on every potential negative to call for heads to roll.🙄

11 minutes ago, DMAC said:

Better QB prehaps. Also going home.

14 minutes ago, texbound said:

Well, if we're hearing about it then I'm sure the coaching staff has also heard the rumor.  So, we should see how things shake out.  Shit, knowing Aggy it was probably started by them to take focus off their dumpster fire.

It's hard not staring into the eternal fire

5 hours ago, jrcruz1026 said:

Fong said that this is a common occurrence behind the scenes with most transfers before players enter the portal; he says once a player hits the portal officially, they've already determined where they're going to go, so relationships and conversations have already been going on in the background prior

It's how the game is played now days. If we're not doing the same thing, then we need to start. 

3 hours ago, DMAC said:

After posting up the Zapruder films on Worthy, it doesn't change that QE is 2nd to last in PFF evaluations of P5 QB's. 

X man has absolutely dropped some stuff. He also gets open like no one else. We need him.

He isn't the only MVP likely to exit on Dec. 5th. It's allowable for teams to send coaches to interview High school coaches.

4 hours ago, jrcruz1026 said:

Worthy could put his name in the portal prior to bowl season, so if Texas somehow does end up in the Sugar Bowl, it could be without its most prolific wideout

I think I'm okay with this. Worthy has certainly not been the WR he was last year. I've never seen a team's #1 have so many drops and quit on routes.

We'll be fine without him. Next man up.

We get Neyor back next year and should see some progress in others before then. 

31 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Not if they're former Sooner coaches, no. Swtizer's record was as good or better . . you want him too?

smh

Not a coach but an ex QB turned out ok.

Not putting mant ggs in a basket for a WR who has yet to play a down.

Worthy has a problem  but will not speclate on what it is.