Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs Kansas

Man, that was a tough loss last game. Offense looked like shit. So many dropped passes…they jammed the box, and we couldn’t do a damn thing about it. Demoralizing.

Herman left our Oline in freaking shambles. 
Anyway….

Im going

Horns 35 Kansas 21

And hope like hell the refs don’t screw us. Because they are crooked. Too damn much money gambled on sports.

47 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

66-3 got me to stop.

Later it was 63-14

Then it was 65-10

This year is nothing compared to that stuff.

3 hours ago, Brad Usrey said:

I have watched e very Longhorn game could since 64 Cotton Bowl but will watch Texas high playoffs Saturday.  

I sat, in person, through all 3 of those games and others yet I went and/or watched the next game. That's what fans do.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You didn't think we had four losses on our schedule this year?

I thought that the ceiling could have been 10-2. 8-4 is the floor in my book anything below that will be a disappointment. What makes this year frustrating are the losses by a combined 19 points. The worrisome part is the repeat of 2nd half slumps and that is definitely coaching related.

10 minutes ago, Baron said:

I thought that the ceiling could have been 10-2. 8-4 is the floor in my book anything below that will be a disappointment. What makes this year frustrating are the losses by a combined 19 points. The worrisome part is the repeat of 2nd half slumps and that is definitely coaching related.

But 8-4 is a significant improvement over 5-7. As would be 7-5. And last year we didn't have Bama on the schedule and lost to OU.

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

7-5 is disappointing because we all knew back in August that Texas would be favored in ten games.

We were favored to beat undefeated TCU when we had three losses. Back in August we really didn't know much and thought TCU would be 6th in the conference. Back in August aggy was ranked #6 in the nation.

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We were favored to beat undefeated TCU when we had three losses. Back in August we really didn't know much and thought TCU would be 6th in the conference. Back in August aggy was ranked #6 in the nation.

True, but I think most of us had a decent understanding of where this team was in regard to our opponents.

1 minute ago, Baron said:

True, but I think most of us had a decent understanding of where this team was in regard to our opponents.

But of all the things we thought, 8-4 was the consensus with possibilities of going 9-3. We beat Tech in OT, we're finishing 9-3. 

5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

But of all the things we thought, 8-4 was the consensus with possibilities of going 9-3. We beat Tech in OT, we're finishing 9-3. 

Yes, 8-4 was the consensus. I'm merely stating that this season has been disappointing because of the close losses. Texas is literally only 19 points away from being 10-0. 

I think if we go 7-5 we will lose a couple of recruits and Ant Hill. IMO we need to win out.

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

For the love of God, get off the excuse mantra. NOBODY I've seen has tried to make excuses. At least try to make your posts interesting. Ditch that line.

I want the best QB to play. Beyond that, thats for you to worry about.

You have no idea what the facts are. They don't consult you. So quit preaching a fool's gospel.

You seem so angry.  Now go F@#K yourself dipshit.  

On 11/18/2022 at 12:22 AM, Sirhornsalot said:

We are a fast-food society. We want what we want and we want it now. We've grown accustomed to this. It's now in our DNA.

You see it with the posters who want to fire a head coach after 1.5 years.

You see it with posters who condemn a freshman QB for having a couple of bad games.

You see it with posters who see TCU winning big and think the same should be done here. 

We aren't TCU. Sark does not have a junior/senior-laden roster. We have freshmen and sophomores in key positions instead.

You won't reconcile the fact that we've already improved on last year and should finish about where most predicted we would.

And suddenly, thats not good enough. We want more and we want it now.

Some of you are just going to be miserable because you won't get it now. 

Very well stated. Some you can’t have this discussion with. They don’t accept this way of looking at this team. No matter that it is the absolute truth.

16 minutes ago, 82Horn said:

Very well stated. Some you can’t have this discussion with. They don’t accept this way of looking at this team. No matter that it is the absolute truth.

In late 2018 the transfer portal was introduced. Last year the NIL was introduced with virtually no rules. 
 The days of giving coaches 4 years to get their people are long gone.