Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs Kansas

We are a fast-food society. We want what we want and we want it now. We've grown accustomed to this. It's now in our DNA.

You see it with the posters who want to fire a head coach after 1.5 years.

You see it with posters who condemn a freshman QB for having a couple of bad games.

You see it with posters who see TCU winning big and think the same should be done here. 

We aren't TCU. Sark does not have a junior/senior-laden roster. We have freshmen and sophomores in key positions instead.

You won't reconcile the fact that we've already improved on last year and should finish about where most predicted we would.

And suddenly, thats not good enough. We want more and we want it now.

Some of you are just going to be miserable because you won't get it now. 

18 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

They're not a bad team this year. In fact, they have an identical record to what we have (6-4) and have been ranked.

And?  Kansas has beat no one good. And we still suck..... Keep making excuses for poor coaching. I am still hoping Sark figures it out because coaching changes suck.... 

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Some of you are just going to be miserable because you won't get it now. 

2010-2022.........................Texas fans have been very patient. 

yeah we want it now... Ironically I have been to every home game over that terrible stretch. But yeah we are bad fans. LMAO

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You won't reconcile the fact that we've already improved on last year and should finish about where most predicted we would.

so what will the excuses be next year if Ewers still sucks and Arch beat him out? Oh yeah we can't be good now because we have a true freshman QB... Excuse after excuse.. I get it that is all Texas fans have to hold out hope at this point. 

Bottom line anyone who says Sark is the guy is in 100% hope stage. There is not data to show he is... We all want him to succeed but to date he is doing exactly what had has historically done. 11-11.

Sark will get 2 more years. He better be winning more then 8-9 games are he will be gone that is 100% fact. 

10 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Sorry for time line mixup. Just wanted him hired when available to see if he could turn Texas around. Water under the bridge and wishfoll thinking.

CDC had Sonny hired and Eltife on the board of directors shot him down for Sark. Wishful thinking now. 

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I wonder what CDC saw in a head coach that would be going into his 11th season as a head coach and had complied a career 63-58 record?

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2022/11/14/texas-boosters-wanted-steve-sarkisian-instead-of-sonny-dykes-report/?fbclid=IwAR0-cwieREvq-jfIC2gcY213RIt0RI3PWgQBLX0xwbDGzQUIKuXA9YcwURc

“The Austin American-Statesman reported Friday that a deal between then-SMU coach Dykes and Del Conte, Texas’ athletic director, was all but done in December 2020. Sources told long-time columnist Kirk Bohls that talks went so far, it got to the point where they even discussed when Dykes would be introduced at the university where his father, Spike, once worked for Darrell Royal.

“Of course, it didn’t happen. Or the part where he gets hired, anyway. Of the rest, I have no doubt. Del Conte conceded in the Statesman report that he did, indeed, talk to Dykes, whom he’d recommended to SMU. Known him for years, he said. Great guy. But he described their talks as part of a nationwide vetting process, insisting they were ‘nothing more than conversations with Sonny.'”

Maybe if we let our AD do his job...

5 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2022/11/14/texas-boosters-wanted-steve-sarkisian-instead-of-sonny-dykes-report/?fbclid=IwAR0-cwieREvq-jfIC2gcY213RIt0RI3PWgQBLX0xwbDGzQUIKuXA9YcwURc

“The Austin American-Statesman reported Friday that a deal between then-SMU coach Dykes and Del Conte, Texas’ athletic director, was all but done in December 2020. Sources told long-time columnist Kirk Bohls that talks went so far, it got to the point where they even discussed when Dykes would be introduced at the university where his father, Spike, once worked for Darrell Royal.

“Of course, it didn’t happen. Or the part where he gets hired, anyway. Of the rest, I have no doubt. Del Conte conceded in the Statesman report that he did, indeed, talk to Dykes, whom he’d recommended to SMU. Known him for years, he said. Great guy. But he described their talks as part of a nationwide vetting process, insisting they were ‘nothing more than conversations with Sonny.'”

What does that have to do with my question?

And, for Pete's sake, at least use a better source than the AAS and Kirk Bohls. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

Cute. This is a bunch of tabloid level reporting - "Now, Sherrington is quite skeptical of this reports’ validity, and not because he doesn’t believe the American Statesman is a source, but because there are plenty of rumors that Del Conte had little to do with the hiring of Steve Sarkisian."

On 11/17/2022 at 10:17 AM, Johnny Depp said:

I would hope there wouldn't even need to be a discussion. Liepold took over a team that was 7-38 with no bowl wins over the previous four seasons. Sark took over a team that was 32-18 with 4 bowl wins over the previous four seasons. Lets not even talk about the advantages that Texas has with roster talent, football resources, etc....

If Liepold goes 2-0 over Sark, it should be obvious to everyone that the clown needs to go. And I don't give a damn what Manning or any of our other recruits would do as a result, because a second consecutive loss to KU would prove this joke of a coaching staff has no clue what to do with a talent advantage. Start over and try not to hire a guy with "7 win" as his nickname. Its laughable, but if I was AD, this would be a must win for Sark in year 2 if he wants to coach at UT. We SHOULD absolutely crush KU with the talent disparity between the two schools. Sadly, we'll probably be slugging it out in the 4th qtr.

from Surly 

A poster on Surly Horns calls Sark a clown and also says the coaching staff is a joke. 

This is the same Surly Horns that I am talking about that has the lowest standards of any Texas site/message board, bar none. 

And despite having the lowest standards of any board, it only took them 4 days to ban you before you could even hit the 30 post mark. 

The same thing needs to happen on this board. The sooner the better. 

7 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

And?  Kansas has beat no one good. And we still suck..... Keep making excuses for poor coaching. I am still hoping Sark figures it out because coaching changes suck.... 

I haven't made a single excuse for poor coaching. My next would be my first. So why say that? Are you trying to confuse or divert? Why?

Coaching changes suck, sure. But coaching changes after 1.5 years is a laughingstock.

7 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

so what will the excuses be next year if Ewers still sucks and Arch beat him out? Oh yeah we can't be good now because we have a true freshman QB... Excuse after excuse.. I get it that is all Texas fans have to hold out hope at this point. 

Bottom line anyone who says Sark is the guy is in 100% hope stage. There is not data to show he is... We all want him to succeed but to date he is doing exactly what had has historically done. 11-11.

Sark will get 2 more years. He better be winning more then 8-9 games are he will be gone that is 100% fact. 

For the love of God, get off the excuse mantra. NOBODY I've seen has tried to make excuses. At least try to make your posts interesting. Ditch that line.

I want the best QB to play. Beyond that, thats for you to worry about.

You have no idea what the facts are. They don't consult you. So quit preaching a fool's gospel.

On 11/17/2022 at 12:48 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

I am glad you reveal your thinking in public. Kansas was a bad team for the past decade or so.

They're not a bad team this year. In fact, they have an identical record to what we have (6-4) and have been ranked.

Sark was not hired to have any record in any given year. So I am forced to agree with you but your point is moot. His employment was not based on 8-4, 9-2, 10-1 or 11-0 or whatever. 

So you're saying things that really don't matter, it's all your personal emotion, which isn't real interesting.

We suck until we don't, sure. But you started out saying Sark should be fired if he loses to KU. You even were so bold as to say BMDs and whatnot thought more like you than me (firing him if we lose to KU).

And then you end with Sark and two more years. You have effectively taken two different positions in the same post.

Yes he was hired primarily  to win ,yes to develop QB but not at expense of losing.