Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs Kansas

Texas (6-4) will travel to Lawrence, Kansas Saturday to play the Kansas Jayhawks (6-4) at 2:30 p.m.

The first thought on everyone's mind is – we lost to this team last year. We were the only team in the Big 12 who did.

Since then, Kansas has become a quality football team with some nice wins this season. The six wins is more than they've had in some time and they're bowl eligible. 

With KU, it starts and ends at QB. They have two good ones. The back up started last year and probably gives Card a run for his money on best back up QB in the conference. The starter has missed some time with an injury but I believe he's back. He runs really well and will give us fits if we don't have a spy on him.

One thing that might be a factor in this game is the fact that the forecast is calling for a high of 37 degrees that day, which will likely be around game time. The low will get down to 17, so it will get cold as the game moves on.

I think Texas is smarting after the TCU loss. But they can meet expectations by winning both of their last two. They'll be up for this one. The offense has something to prove after last week's debacle. We know they can do it, we've seen it. I think we put it together on the road.

Texas 38

Kansas 28

Im looking forward to this game because I want to see if this team has the stones to man up and lay the wood to a team they should beat or if they feel sorry for themselves after the TCU game

the other thing I want to watch is IF QE has another flat half if Sark is willing to go to Card

I think Texas finishes the year strong the last two games, leaving us Longhorn faithful to spend the whole off season playing woulda shoulda coulda

18 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Texas (6-4) will travel to Lawrence, Kansas Saturday to play the Kansas Jayhawks (6-4) at 2:30 p.m.

The first thought on everyone's mind is – we lost to this team last year. We were the only team in the Big 12 who did.

Since then, Kansas has become a quality football team with some nice wins this season. The six wins is more than they've had in some time and they're bowl eligible. 

With KU, it starts and ends at QB. They have two good ones. The back up started last year and probably gives Card a run for his money on best back up QB in the conference. The starter has missed some time with an injury but I believe he's back. He runs really well and will give us fits if we don't have a spy on him.

One thing that might be a factor in this game is the fact that the forecast is calling for a high of 37 degrees that day, which will likely be around game time. The low will get down to 17, so it will get cold as the game moves on.

I think Texas is smarting after the TCU loss. But they can meet expectations by winning both of their last two. They'll be up for this one. The offense has something to prove after last week's debacle. We know they can do it, we've seen it. I think we put it together on the road.

Texas 38

Kansas 28

I got KU winning. WE SUCK UNTIL WE DONT!!!

18 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm so glad you don't run our program.

Well I am so glad that those who do think closer to me then you.  Most of the fans like you wanted Strong and Herman to get more time. 

Also you know how I will know when Texas is back? When we are not scared or worried about losing to Kansas type teams. Georgia, Ohio State etc don't worry about shit teams like Kansas... Texas has sucked so long that most fans think losing 4 games is a good year.  Sad times . Also Sark was not hired to go 8-4... He probably has two more years unless the bottom falls out but he ahs to do better then 11-11...

We suck until we don't 

Just when I thought it was safe to doubt the defense, they come up huge and the offense is shut down. But no shame losing to the #4 team. It just shows were aren't back to where we want to be. We're still the 7-5 team I thought we would be. The good news is Kansas ain't ranked #4. 

Can the D play consistently like they did last week or we'll they revert back because we're only playing Kansas? This isn't the Kansas I remember. And it's a road game. A win helps get the "road" monkey off our backs and shows KSU wasn't a fluke. 

Not sure I can come up with a score at this time, but I believe the Horns win this nail biter. No OT this time.

I would hope there wouldn't even need to be a discussion. Liepold took over a team that was 7-38 with no bowl wins over the previous four seasons. Sark took over a team that was 32-18 with 4 bowl wins over the previous four seasons. Lets not even talk about the advantages that Texas has with roster talent, football resources, etc....

If Liepold goes 2-0 over Sark, it should be obvious to everyone that the clown needs to go. And I don't give a damn what Manning or any of our other recruits would do as a result, because a second consecutive loss to KU would prove this joke of a coaching staff has no clue what to do with a talent advantage. Start over and try not to hire a guy with "7 win" as his nickname. Its laughable, but if I was AD, this would be a must win for Sark in year 2 if he wants to coach at UT. We SHOULD absolutely crush KU with the talent disparity between the two schools. Sadly, we'll probably be slugging it out in the 4th qtr.

from Surly 

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Well I am so glad that those who do think closer to me then you.  Most of the fans like you wanted Strong and Herman to get more time. 

Also you know how I will know when Texas is back? When we are not scared or worried about losing to Kansas type teams. Georgia, Ohio State etc don't worry about shit teams like Kansas... Texas has sucked so long that most fans think losing 4 games is a good year.  Sad times . Also Sark was not hired to go 8-4... He probably has two more years unless the bottom falls out but he ahs to do better then 11-11...

We suck until we don't 

I am glad you reveal your thinking in public. Kansas was a bad team for the past decade or so.

They're not a bad team this year. In fact, they have an identical record to what we have (6-4) and have been ranked.

Sark was not hired to have any record in any given year. So I am forced to agree with you but your point is moot. His employment was not based on 8-4, 9-2, 10-1 or 11-0 or whatever. 

So you're saying things that really don't matter, it's all your personal emotion, which isn't real interesting.

We suck until we don't, sure. But you started out saying Sark should be fired if he loses to KU. You even were so bold as to say BMDs and whatnot thought more like you than me (firing him if we lose to KU).

And then you end with Sark and two more years. You have effectively taken two different positions in the same post.

Its a shame Texas did not hire Urban Myer instead of Herman!

Reason if by now Horns were not winning big they never will. I could give up hope and settle on middle class.

Most do not like him but can coach and turn teams around.

3 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Its a shame Texas did not hire Urban Myer instead of Herman!

Reason if by now Horns were not winning big they never will. I could give up hope and settle on middle class.

Most do not like him but can coach and turn teams around.

What are you talking about? Urban was happily entrenched at Ohio State in 2016 when we hired Herman. 

Do you mean that we should have hired Urban instead of Sark?