Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs The Cockroaches

DKR once described TCU as a bunch of cockroaches, getting in the way and messing things up. It is ironic that the roles have reversed this year with TCU coming in with an undefeated record and lofty #4 ranking.

So how do you beat TCU? Can we beat TCU?

Yes, we can beat them by doing what we do best – running the ball and complimenting that with timely passes. The big threat in this game, IMO, is that TCU and Texas are historically not equal in the 2nd halves. TCU tends to turn it up in the 2nd half. Texas has trended the opposite direction.

The Horns will have to play their best game of the year. Better than Bama. Better than OU. We will have to find ways to stop TCU's passing game while limiting their rushing. Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers! Can we get the whole team on the same emotional high they were on against Bama? It's a night game in Austin! It should be exciting!

Texas 41

TCU 38

This is a game that should be in the 30s but will likely be in the 40s.

Duggan can have a field day on our zone and Johnston matchup is a nightmare.

I like that we play at home.  Our crowd will be amazing.

Given our second half troubles, TCU is going to hand around but our defense is that much better than there’s compared to the offenses.

Texas 47

TCU 41

people are scratching their heads wondering why Texas is a 6.5-7 point favorite

1. parlay cards in LV dont come out in most places till Tues , those might be a truer indication of the true spread. I would be shocked to see number like that on the half point cards

2. the books dont respect or believe in TCU and the early number shows it, but all the pollsters and selection committee members have to take the number to show that they believe

3. If you are a Texas kool Ade drinker like me, they are going to make us purchase the super big gulp size and lay the touchdown

4. the bookmakers saw the kind of first half the Texas played against KSU, and they made what should have been a tight game look easy with a 3 TD lead

5. I knew Texas would be a favorite in every game after OSU, I just didnt expect them to go this high,

6. I dont think the number comes into play, and Texas finally puts it together and plays 4 complete quarters of football

2 hours ago, Sunkist said:

This is a game that should be in the 30s but will likely be in the 40s.

Duggan can have a field day on our zone and Johnston matchup is a nightmare.

I like that we play at home.  Our crowd will be amazing.

Given our second half troubles, TCU is going to hand around but our defense is that much better than there’s compared to the offenses.

Texas 47

TCU 41

Agree. Duggan has been lights out this season. And he's been a real threat with his legs.

IMO the long ball will be best bet to beat TCU. DBS seem to be weakest link on defense. They play reciever not the ball, lot of interference called

TCU's QB remind me of Baylor's few years back,Runs and passes well.If his long ball is on Horns in a lot of trouble.

Texas bythree in a 4th quarter squeaker.

Our boys have been good at home and struggled on the road.  I expect a good game.  TCU believes in themselves and they will be a tough out!  These are the two best teams in the Big 12.

I'm not sure I buy Texas -7.  I think it's a close game and a pick'em. They've won 4 roadies with one being in Morgantown where it's never typically an easy walk in the park.  WV sucks, but they're always tough at home. Texas will need to be firing on all cylinders and ride the Bijan Stallion once again!  Let the 1000 yard back, eat!!!

I'll have to ponder a prediction.  I like Texas in this one.

17 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

DKR once described TCU as a bunch of cockroaches, getting in the way and messing things up. It is ironic that the roles have reversed this year with TCU coming in with an undefeated record and lofty #4 ranking.

Yes, we can beat them by doing what we do best – running the ball and complimenting that with timely passes. The big threat in this game, IMO, is that TCU and Texas are historically not equal in the 2nd halves. TCU tends to turn it up in the 2nd half. Texas has trended the opposite direction.

The Horns will have to play their best game of the year. Better than Bama. Better than OU. We will have to find ways to stop TCU's passing game while limiting their rushing. Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers! Can we get the whole team on the same emotional high they were on against Bama? It's a night game in Austin! It should be exciting!

Texas 41

TCU 38

I remember  that quote about cockroaches.  You are seasoned. 

18 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Texas 41

TCU 38

Sha, I love ya...but if you are gonna quote St DKR you better get it right!... What he said was..."tcu is like a bunch of cockroaches...you don't worry so much about what they eat or carry off...it is what they fall into and mess up that  gets to you"

2 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

Sha, I love ya...but if you are gonna quote St DKR you better get it right!... What he said was..."tcu is like a bunch of cockroaches...you don't worry so much about what they eat or carry off...it is what they fall into and mess up that  gets to you"

Same difference. I didn't quote him.