Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****GAME THREAD: #24 Texas @ #13 Kansas State*****

Sark does need to figure out some kind of fix for the 2nd half offensive woes.  The first series in the 3rd quarter was going pretty well before Roschon fumbled.  Afterwards, he did force the run like everyone wanted him to do last week with OSU, but it's pretty hard to run the ball when the box is loaded.

Hell, go back to the pre-scripted plays that were run in the first half if we need to.

8 hours ago, Huskie1 said:

I like that the O-line continues to improve. We run the ball better now than early in the season. We even struggled a lot against ULM running the ball. 

Our current OL is the best I’ve seen at Texas since 2009.  I really believe that.  If there’s anyone on the current team you go all in to keep…. It’s Flood! 

6 hours ago, Utjb1 said:

Quinn ewers passing completion percentage the past two games is 46% … my main reason pointing that out is that y’all were too hard on Hudson Card during his time as a UT Quarterback because he was better than 46% passing completion percentage but got crucified 

True, but for me the one big difference between the 2 is that QE has only been sacked 2 times all year.  So, some of that % is attributed to Quinn throwing the ball away.  Where as Card held on to the ball way too long.

1 hour ago, texbound said:

True, but for me the one big difference between the 2 is that QE has only been sacked 2 times all year.  So, some of that % is attributed to Quinn throwing the ball away.  Where as Card held on to the ball way too long.

And some of % is attributed ro OL getting better.

2 hours ago, texbound said:

I'll take a sack over an int. Quinn is gun shy ever since Bama broke him. 

I just read the game thread since I didn't check it last night during the game. Some of y'all really need to not post while drinking or drunk. It also appears someone had a family member join the board or he created a sock.

As far as the second half woes:

1st drive Worthy fumbles after picking up a 1st down after a false start penalty.

2nd drive we were driving down the field (9 play drive) then another false start gave us a 1st & 15 on the K-St side of the field. Punt

3rd drive after an inc, we had another false start to give us 2nd & 15 on the K-St side of the field. After a 13 yard run by Bijan he loses yards on 3rd & 2. 3 & out, punt

4th drive was mostly running plays w/only 2 passing plays (Ewers was 1-2). Ewers missed Bijan in the endzone but just as he threw it, he got hit hard by K-St. A TD would have been sweet but the FG puts us up by 10

5th drive was 2 runs by Bijan to bring up 3rd & 4 but Bijan losses 5 on the play. 3 & out, punt

6th drive 1 play to run out clock

On the 3rd & 5th drive, we had 3rd and short where if Sark had called a pass play and missed, the majority of the board would be screaming "Run the ball!" Dance with who brung you!" " We have the best RB duo in the nation!" Hindsight is always 20/20. How is it the coaches' fault with a false start penalty, especially by a WR?

We won on the road, we're bowl eligible and we still have a shot at the Big XII title. Good night overall.

I have read thru many of these replies, and for the life of me cant figure out why everyone wants to lay the blame at the feet of Sark for almost losing a  game...He gave the defense a 21 point cushion at half time and Coach K's zone defense got gashed AGAIN and made it a closer game than it needed to be...You go to a zone to protect from getting beat deep and also so you can bring and extra guy to blitz the QB, how many time did we get to the QB (and hurries doesnt count) lots of blown coverages and missed assignments again...plus when your DB's are making tackles it means your LB's are getting taken out or missing tackles...turn the defense over to GP and start shutting teams down

I am asking y’all to correct me if I am wrong, please.  I thought zone was also used to protect an inexperienced or vulnerable defensive backfield. 

To my knowledge, the only one who may be healthy back there is Watts. If Jameson was really healthy, I think he would be still back with Worthy returning punts.  The others are young or injured.