Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs Bill Snyder Family Wildcats

Sirhornsalot

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

So you found a tweet that narrows the goalposts with its own condition (named in the first sentence) and you think this makes Dallas a home game?

Just let it go. Geez.

As I said. Dallas is not a home game. It is a neutral site game....I believe you are the one arguing that is a road game and it is not a true road game.  

22 hours ago, Coot said:

UT can't win on the road. KSU just blew out the team that beat UT last week. Texas always makes replacement QB's look like Heisman contenders. So there is no doubt about the outcome of this game.

Texas 45 - 24 KSU

backup QB's make us look plain silly.

37 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

37-20 Kansas State. 

Until Sark proves he can win a true road game this team will be a bottom feeder. 

as much as it pains me to say this, I agree with this statement.  Believe me, I'm the ultimate optimist, but until they prove they can win on the road I have to go with KST here.  

Man, that was hard to type.

KST 37

Tex 31

6 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

As I said. Dallas is not a home game. It is a neutral site game....I believe you are the one arguing that is a road game and it is not a true road game.  

So your new condition is that is has to be someone else's home game. Got it.

A neutral site game is still on the road. As you kindly pointed out, we don't have a home field advantage there.

Dallas is not a road game yet Waco is. lol

all you naysayers are starting to bum me out.....so I will say Texas wins it 27-25

for those betting the game today the spread is now Texas minus 2.5 with the over/under at 54

If I win the steak knives Im going to let some of you borrow them so you can eat your crow with them

3 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

all you naysayers are starting to bum me out.....so I will say Texas wins it 27-25

for those betting the game today the spread is now Texas minus 2.5 with the over/under at 54

If I win the steak knives Im going to let some of you borrow them so you can eat your crow with them

I really want to be there with you Hiwood, I really do.  I have the ultimate Longhorn pride and still display ALL of my Longhorn gear and apparel proudly.  With that said, I've fallen for the banana in the tailpipe too many times in the last 13 years and which has me completely unconfident going into this weeks game.  I want to schedule a tee time so  Idon't have to watch, but I will be there in front of the TV at 1pm watching. 

• Administrators

This is a spot where I usually expect to lose because it's difficult to find positives on paper, and then Texas surprises me.

But...road game against a solid team, so I will expect double-digit lead into a second half collapse.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised and the road curse is lifted setting up a massive game with TCU.

1 hour ago, texbound said:

I really want to be there with you Hiwood, I really do.  I have the ultimate Longhorn pride and still display ALL of my Longhorn gear and apparel proudly.  With that said, I've fallen for the banana in the tailpipe too many times in the last 13 years and which has me completely unconfident going into this weeks game.  I want to schedule a tee time so  Idon't have to watch, but I will be there in front of the TV at 1pm watching. 

Texas has broken my heart more times than all my exes combined, but they are and will always be my team, I wasn't on board with Strong, was lukewarm with Herman, but Im all in with Sark, because I saw him play QB in college, and I have followed his coaching career even with the high and lows... and FTR I have bet against Texas when it comes to a point spread, but I have never bet them to lose in FB

9 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

37-20 Kansas State. 

Until Sark proves he can win a true road game this team will be a bottom feeder. 

Agree, 100%. Our guys have yet to show us they want to win more than the guy standing across the field from them when the game is not against the Bama's and ousux of the world. Winning cannot be just a part time mindset in this game, and unfortunately that's what we have with this team until proven otherwise.

I'll go 41-27 KSU

This is the same team that blew out OU 49-0, held Bama with a MUCH better qb and better overall team to 20 and if I am not mistaken still has the best RB tandem in college football. If not this team, who? If not now, when? Road smoad, I'm saying THIS team, and NOW!!!

Changing my prediction. Horns 38, Purple cats 17.

Texas 31 Kansas State 17

Strength on Strength. Texas Rush Defense against K State rushing offense. K State is last in Big 12 in Passing Offense. BTW OU and Ok State are #9 and #10 in rushing defense in conference. Texas offense will be more than enough on the other side. I for one think this is very favorable matchup for Texas.

I have already earned my steak knifes this season. 

3 hours ago, 82Horn said:

Texas 31 Kansas State 17

Strength on Strength. Texas Rush Defense against K State rushing offense. K State is last in Big 12 in Passing Offense. BTW OU and Ok State are #9 and #10 in rushing defense in conference. Texas offense will be more than enough on the other side. I for one think this is very favorable matchup for Texas.

I have already earned my steak knifes this season. 

Factor in the running QB. We saw one with UTSA. He hurt us. This QB is a much better runner. We will have trouble with this.