Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs Bill Snyder Family Wildcats


Recommended Posts

Sooooooooo, we're back after a week off. A week where we got in some extra preparation and had some time to heal some wounds/injuries. We should be in good shape, physically.

There are a lot of reasons why we should pick against our Horns this week. You all know them, but I'll toss out a few anyway. We lost our last game, another road loss. This game is on the road. What happened against OSU looked a lot like what happened so often last year. Yada yada yada. K-State will have 14 senior starters in their lineups. Nonetheless, Texas has the more talented team.

Here' the thing though. This isn't last year. We had the bad 2nd half against OSU. We still almost won despite Ewers having a QB nightmare day and Sark not following his plan in the 2nd half. We played awful and still almost won. We've had plenty of games where we're still throwing haymakers through the 4th quarter, unlike last year. K-State has not played a team with the speed we have. If you look at their schedule, they haven't played but a couple of teams worth noting and both of those were losses. One of those, Tulane, was at Bill Snyder Family Stadium.

The last time we had some extra time to prepare for an opponent, it was Alabama. It paid off and we played lights out.

I think the same thing happens this week. 

Texas 41

K-State 33

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still enough Kool Aid trickling to believe in the Horns. Bijan and our Duece (#2) out duel their Duece and our defense has one more key stop than theirs. Tough lessons from OSU create enough improvement to beat the purple people eaters in a close one.

Horns 37

The fighting Snyder 31

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Sooooooooo, we're back after a week off. A week where we got in some extra preparation and had some time to heal some wounds/injuries. We should be in good shape, physically.

There are a lot of reasons why we should pick against our Horns this week. You all know them, but I'll toss out a few anyway. We lost our last game, another road loss. This game is on the road. What happened against OSU looked a lot like what happened so often last year. Yada yada yada. K-State will have 14 senior starters in their lineups. Nonetheless, Texas has the more talented team.

Here' the thing though. This isn't last year. We had the bad 2nd half against OSU. We still almost won despite Ewers having a QB nightmare day and Sark not following his plan in the 2nd half. We played awful and still almost won. We've had plenty of games where we're still throwing haymakers through the 4th quarter, unlike last year. K-State has not played a team with the speed we have. If you look at their schedule, they haven't played but a couple of teams worth noting and both of those were losses. One of those, Tulane, was at Bill Snyder Family Stadium.

The last time we had some extra time to prepare for an opponent, it was Alabama. It paid off and we played lights out.

I think the same thing happens this week. 

Texas 41

K-State 33

I hope they can  but  Sark has yet to prove he win on road in second half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More than enough talent is on this team to win but they need to prove it first.  Until then, they’ll lose another close one.  Ewers’ poor play the last two weeks and Sark’s bad second half habits have really diminished my hope for a strong finish.  They basically have spooked me especially QE3’s regression. 

Texas loses in similar style to their loss at Okie State.

Texas - 38

K-State  - 44


if we were at home, I’d reverse it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

does K State's performance yesterday affect how I see Sat's game. You bet it does...I did not watch the game but Im guessing it was the perfect storm just like we had in Dallas this year against OU. I will bet that K State cant put that kind of performance two weeks in a row. I know its on the road but the extra week off will make all the difference , the Horns needed a week off

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hiwood said:

does K State's performance yesterday affect how I see Sat's game. You bet it does...I did not watch the game but Im guessing it was the perfect storm just like we had in Dallas this year against OU. I will bet that K State cant put that kind of performance two weeks in a row. I know its on the road but the extra week off will make all the difference , the Horns needed a week off

No perfect storm, just win by out playing the other team from start tofinish.

K. St. by nine unless starting QB is ready then K. St. by 16.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Brad Usrey said:

Even broken clock is right twice a day

Its just nonsense. We can't talk about something unless it goes along with a certain narrative? The narrative is a farce.

We beat OU in Dallas. We had no issues in the 4th. We damn near beat Bama. Had no issues in the 4th. We limped into Lubbock with several key injuries and still took it to OT. 

We beat OU on the road. It was not a home game. If you can prove that to be untrue, I'm listening.

The point you're missing . . . if the statement/belief/narrative was factual, why was it so easy to shoot down? You had the same schedule/info I had. You chose to ignore some of it so you could push a narrative. No thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

 

No one considers that a true road games. 

 

Sark is 1-7 on the road. 

 

The last 4 games are big for seven win Sark. 

 

Your goalposts need new tires. You wear them out.

Let me guess. . . you consider Baylor (Waco) a road game, but Dallas is not. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

 

Your goalposts need new tires. You wear them out.

Let me guess. . . you consider Baylor (Waco) a road game, but Dallas is not. lol

 

The Cotton Bowl is 50-50 fans. No other road game is like that. The Cotton Bowl is a neutral site game. You are just wrong on this. Regardless Sark is still what he has always been. An average head coach. Still hoping that changes but 20 games in now and here we are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

 

The Cotton Bowl is 50-50 fans. No other road game is like that. The Cotton Bowl is a neutral site game. You are just wrong on this. Regardless Sark is still what he has always been. An average head coach. Still hoping that changes but 20 games in now and here we are. 

It's still a road game. Please.

You avoided my question about going through Waco (a road game) to proceed another 1.5 hours to Dallas. One could argue many times we've seen a 50-50 thing in Waco.

This isn't the hill you want to die on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the opening line this morning was a Pick Em...after the big hitters and the sharps got to the windows ahead of the public they moved the line to Texas minus 3....I guessed that Texas was going to be a favorite in every game they played since after the ISU game, I just didnt expect the line to move so quickly and in this direction so soon

Is someone on K State injured ? because Texas looks like a false favorite to me, I guess after crapping the bed against OSU and then KSU walloping OSU I kinda expected Texas to be the betting underdog, but it looks like the books are going to make the UT bettors bite the bullet and lay the points on the road...

If you were to press me on a decision  this afternoon I would say Texas wins but does not cover the three...later in the week as the line moves I may think differently

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The D did a good job shutting down Bryce Young and 'Bama. Martinez is not better than Young. Haven't seen the weather forecast, but could be cold and windy in Kansas. (Okay, I just checked the forecast:  mid 50's and 40% chance of rain)

I don't expect a shootout.

Texas   24

K St.     21

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...