Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Roster numbers at each position or depth chart

With a discussion of depth made me think of a depth chart. And wonder about others thought on this.

Does any one care to listtheir thoughts ona depthchart? its easy to do 3 deep at each position is 66 add a kicker and a punter for 68. 

This leaves 17 to assign ever where you think they are needed. And gives a idea whererecruits are needed.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Sulser and Egbuna they are WO per the roster.

I dont have them on my roster either and I usually have walk-ons.  Yeah, strange to have them on the depth chart when neither have played in any game so far.  Virtually everyone played in the 0U game and they dont register as having played.  Even though it was as much misdirection as it was accurate, I miss the Mack Brown days when they published a depth chart every monday.  

This is raw and maybe too much but this is kind of how I keep track of it as they play. This is just the freshmen and sophomore OL portion of the roster.  Obviously freshmen, Hutson, Williams, Banks dont qualify for a redshirt this year so they will be in the rotation.  Campbell, Robertson, Agbo, & Umeozulu still have some paying time to give but I have to believe the staff wants them to redsirt or they would have played more.  At this point I would put them maybe third on the depth chart so as to not forget where they have come in; or maybe off the depth chart as "first in" at a position in case of an injury or emergency justifying losing a redshirt this late in the season.

OL roster-Texas 2022.jpeg

roster legend.jpg

53 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I dont have them on my roster either and I usually have walk-ons.  Yeah, strange to have them on the depth chart when neither have played in any game so far.  Virtually everyone played in the 0U game and they dont register as having played.  Even though it was as much misdirection as it was accurate, I miss the Mack Brown days when they published a depth chart every monday.  

This is raw and maybe too much but this is kind of how I keep track of it as they play. This is just the freshmen and sophomore OL portion of the roster.  Obviously freshmen, Hutson, Williams, Banks dont qualify for a redshirt this year so they will be in the rotation.  Campbell, Robertson, Agbo, & Umeozulu still have some paying time to give but I have to believe the staff wants them to redsirt or they would have played more.  At this point I would put them maybe third on the depth chart so as to not forget where they have come in; or maybe off the depth chart as "first in" at a position in case of an injury or emergency justifying losing a redshirt this late in the season.

roster legend.jpg

According to the official Texas Website, Gabe Sulser has played in 4 games and caught 2 passes for 10 yards. 

https://texassports.com/sports/football/stats/2022#individual

7 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

According to the official Texas Website, Gabe Sulser has played in 4 games and caught 2 passes for 10 yards. 

https://texassports.com/sports/football/stats/2022#individual

yes. it does there.  I guess it's too much to expect the same website to be consistent.  Texassports.com doesnt list Sulser as playing in any game under the "participation" tab. I guess I have to go and crosscheck multiple tabs on the same website that one would expect parses the same database.  geez

https://texassports.com/sports/football/stats/

5 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Yeah I too miss the weekly depth chart.Guess secert squirrel will stop posting team rosters.

IMO, it's taken a LONG time for Texas to migrate from MackBrownTexasFootball database to current TexasSports database. [sarcastically] It's only been 9 years and there are still quite a few things that havent migrated to Texassports.com

8 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

roster legend.jpg

It'll be a lot of work but I think I'm going to rearrange the names for OL, DL, and WR and put them in a logical order. 

OL will be from top to bottom as if on the line from left to right.  That way players from different classes at the same position will be on the same horizontal line. That might help visually. 

12 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

yes. it does there.  I guess it's too much to expect the same website to be consistent.  Texassports.com doesnt list Sulser as playing in any game under the "participation" tab. I guess I have to go and crosscheck multiple tabs on the same website that one would expect parses the same database.  geez

https://texassports.com/sports/football/stats/

Okay, trying to get to the bottom of the Gabe Sulser mystery, lol. 

The play-by-play for the ULM games shows he caught a pass as the 3rd quarter ended and a 2nd pass early in the 4th quarter.

Just now, North Texas Golfer said:

Okay, trying to get to the bottom of the Gabe Sulser mystery, lol. 

The play-by-play for the ULM games shows he caught a pass as the 3rd quarter and a 2nd pass early in the 4th quarter.

yeah. But what bothers me, however, is that once you build a database, then it's relatively easy to parse the blocks/cells into different tables for display or queries. If it is built correctly, it shouldnt be any extra work. 

1 minute ago, Soldierhorn said:

yeah. But what bothers me, however, is that once you build a database, then it's relatively easy to parse the blocks/cells into different tables for display or queries. If it is built correctly, it shouldnt be any extra work. 

Hey, I'm just trying to help out here 🙂

1 minute ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Okay, but you can find a team roster on just about any Texas website, lol. 

yep. but team rosters are generally not updated - they should be but arent.  Again, if the site is set up correctly with a common database, then once the data is inputted, it should parse out to different displays including the individual stat tab on the roster.  It doesnt during the season but it should

Just now, North Texas Golfer said:

Hey, I'm just trying to help out here 🙂

no. I'm not reacting to you. I'm reacting to a $200mil program that cant construct a website/database correctly, even after 9 years. IMO, the MackBrown-TexasFootball site was actually better - not as slick graphically - but better data