Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Johnny Depp vs. Everyone Thread

Half way through the season where are we? 4-2. 3 home and 3 away games left. 4 ranked teams.

Predictions?

Natty, no

BCS playoff, no

Sugar Bowl/ Cotton Bowl?

Other Bowl?

Big 12 title? 

Big 12 playoff?

Top 10 ranking?

Ranked?

Winning season?

Improvement?

Bowl eligible?

Heisman?

Position awards?

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/lists/texas-football-longhorns-remaining-schedule-rankings-predictions-oklahoma-win/

38 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Meh, Texas has scored a TD on 12 of the 19 possessions QE has been QB. That is a 63% TD rate with only 2 punts. They are averaging 4.7 points per drive with Ewers as QB.

Thanks, got a link? Looks like it's in Klatt's video?

Let's keep in mind He's only played LaMon, 2 drives vs Bama (one he didn't finish that still goes in this stat) and a really bad OU. 

4 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

* Quinn needs to learn how to slide, not land on his bad sternum

* Jameson ran right past the kicker going out on a route on fake FG

I only remember the one run from Quinn - 3rd down conversion and he needed to make sure to get to the first down marker. Gotta risk it for the biscuit in that case. If I am remembering correctly he didn't take much of a hit.

I am not sure who is responsible for the kicker as we don't know the scheme but watching the play, I think it may actually be overshown. DO tried to get out on him but got blocked just enough to make the tackle but after he made the first down yardage. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

Thanks, got a link? Looks like it's in Klatt's video?

Let's keep in mind He's only played LaMon, 2 drives vs Bama (one he didn't finish that still goes in this stat) and a really bad OU. 

Let’s keep in mind that he was given the nod over Card.  Knocked out versus Bama.  Given nod over Card to play biggest rival.  Nothing else really matters. 

* We never stopped the Wildcat (OU did) and the running QB's could gut us

I do remember at least a few series where we really slowed it down.

The first time they ran it and got down into scoring position quickly in the 1st qtr. They ran it 4 times in a row to pick up a first down and then switched out of it I believe.

Again they got down into scoring range with RB Gray running it but had to throw a curveball by passing out of it, INT.

It was the most successful thing they did all day but it becomes such a predictable package that defenses end to adjust, and I think we did pretty successfully.

passingchart.thumb.jpg.63d2618f8040ee094a39ddd3463fa4bb.jpg

Passing chart, only 1 completion over 20 (21). Only 4 passes between the hash marks (2 for TD).

I don't remember the 40 yd pass down the left side but the 30 yrder must be the missed pass to Whittington. Gotta believe Quinn wants that one back.

BTW, on the INT, one of the Texas writers speculated it may have hit the overhead camera wire and apparently Quinn told Sark that was what happened too. I couldn't tell from any of the replays but that thing had no spiral on it so it either slipped out or the camera wire makes sense.

3 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

I don't remember the 40 yd pass down the left side but the 30 yrder must be the missed pass to Whittington. Gotta believe Quinn wants that one back.

BTW, on the INT, one of the Texas writers speculated it may have hit the overhead camera wire and apparently Quinn told Sark that was what happened too. I couldn't tell from any of the replays but that thing had no spiral on it so it either slipped out or the camera wire makes sense.

Impossible to tell based on these replays, but the Sky Cam was just barely behind Ewers when he made the throw so it is plausible. 

37 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Let’s keep in mind that he was given the nod over Card.  Knocked out versus Bama.  Given nod over Card to play biggest rival.  Nothing else really matters. 

It's OK to debate a subject without getting mad. Just state your case.

44 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

It was a duck as it left his hand.

Watching the video, and the 3 angles of replay, it's really hard to see the ball leave his hand actually. It blends into the background of crimson clad fans in the background. 

It is definitely possible it slipped on the way out.

1 hour ago, BWilk55 said:

Watching the video, and the 3 angles of replay, it's really hard to see the ball leave his hand actually. It blends into the background of crimson clad fans in the background. 

It is definitely possible it slipped on the way out.

He said it slipped, it may have also hit a wire, but I haven't seen anyone confirm that. If it doesn't slip, it doesn't hit a wire. Still not sure what he was trying to do? It didn't matter in this game anyway, and it didn't look like a bad judgement, just a bad execution. Shit happens.

judges.gif.ea600730e3acfd5fcce642c23860d0d9.gif@BWilk55 said:

"I believe this is referring to a PFF rating (though they don't credit it anywhere). Basically a big time throw is a plus graded throw, not just a routine completion. 

This is the thing Ewers is capable of that not many others are and is the big difference maker for him. "

Interesting stat. There are so many "fractional stats" it's mind blowing. 

I'm curious which throws, I'd guess the seam TD to Sanders and maybe the sideline to Bijan? (they had eye contact and Bijon made a ridiculous adjustment to make the catch).  It may be for more than 1 game? Curiously, in the broadcast we never heard much discussion of "elite passing", the common response was easy pitch and catch. That counts too if you make it look easy, but I don't think those make that stat. 

We have yet to see Quinn's talent on full display, but the samples and appetizers have people salivating for the main course. 

That's a total different list of guys than QBR ratings currently other than Drake.

• TFloss32 changed the title to Johnny Depp vs. Everyone Thread